Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

For anyone interested- I'm going to be live today 4pm to 6pm (GMT+2) and stream DCUO! I Have new Extra Life incentives up. Game Day might be over but I'll be going until likely December. Goal raised to 1,100$, currently sitting at 1,030$ raised! <3 (P.S Anyone who claimed the Base Crafters Incentive before I took it down - we will be getting to it this weekend. So expect in on YouTube on next Sunday)

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Metanite
  2. Zahma New Player

Texas in time right?
  3. Learnmoretalkless New Player

How do I get invited during that time?
  4. Eve YouTuber

It's not a boss event, It's just me streaming as a player to raise donations and chill with the community.
  5. Learnmoretalkless New Player

6. Zua Level 30

Extra life is looking great so far haha :p

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. Eve YouTuber

So it begins
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. Baaruu New Player

Do I wish I had access to special rewards available to only a select few? Yes. Those rewards are not the point of this exercise, and some of the entitlement thrown around on here is sickening. I didn’t even know or understand the nature of dev invasions until this year. It would be nice if there was more information given in-game about extra life the same way time capsules, seasonal, and new episode content are bannered upon login, but I also understand why that might not be possible. Extra life is a worthy cause, so please don’t be stymied. Literal lives depend on this charity. They do not depend on receipt of incentives.
    • Like x 2
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
  10. Eve YouTuber

As for more info, I think Extra Life was really a last minute thing and it looks like Mepps is helming the event this year cause I haven't seen any Dev showing up for Boss Events or even talking about it. So having him doing it solo is not fair in my eyes and adds a lot more work for him. I do appreciate that he does it though. But I don't see them giving information in-game. Some players who donate do prefer having their events private. I did a few of mine for friends-only, but a few, including my last one, were public for everyone. It's probably best to pay attention to their Dimensional Ink Extra Life page, where Mepps will be putting these. The hours are usually written there with date. But they won't let us know when\where due to it being a player-bought event.
    • Like x 1
  11. Baaruu New Player

I’ve definitely been keeping an eye out since discovering the fact, but I gather the time slots are highly coveted, which is fine. I’m a proponent of “what will be..” where that is concerned. We all have work and life, etc and it takes a bit of luck to snag one. More pressing to me though is the function of those incentives getting their proper due. Charity work is important, so many thanks Mepps and others for bringing light to it.
    • Like x 1
  12. roxy spaulding Active Player

is the milestone thing going on? or did everything for this end already?
  13. Eve YouTuber

The milestone was reached but from what Mepps (The Community Manager) said, he plans to put a few more boss events throughout the year. We also got the Doctor Henchmen for reaching the milestone.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The in-game title reward is still going. I will post an end date for that soon. I will also still be posting boss battle incentives occasionally as I can spare the time.

All of the in-game rewards were achieved and are available.
    • Like x 1
  15. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

So the Doctor henchmen was the only new milestone reward this year?
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, that's right.
    • Like x 3
  17. Eve YouTuber

Hmm... I have newer characters in need of the title :) special characters tho hehe. (Am I eligible tho? I raised above 1,000$ but I also got the in-game title last year.)
    • Like x 1
  18. JIROCON PS4 New Player

30+ leaguers turned up again for a 7pm dev invasion after it not happening the 1st time. An hour and 15 minutes later still nothing but twiddling our thumbs
  19. Eve YouTuber

Posting a little thank you here for my amazing Community & The DCUO Community for joining together and helping me raise 1,280$ total for the kids! They will get most important treatments and you guys helped this happen! This year was crazy and I'm looking forward for another year of Extra Life next year. Not sure if DCUO will be doing anything, but I'll be doing for sure! An appropriate thank you video will go up this week - and conclude my experience with Extra Life this year!

Also, I have taken off my incentives (Other than my Discord Incentives) but if you donated for the Base Crafters Incentive: I didn't forget, and It should go on my channel soon; These Discord Roles Incentives will be up until Extra Life ends for 2022 <3

#ForTheKids
    • Like x 2
  20. creatine1 Committed Player

peace to kevin conroy and his loved ones. Metal Batman says I don't have much time but none of do. He was Batman till the end.
    • Like x 2