Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

The DCUO Extra Life team is back this year and everyone is invited to join! Help us help children in need in our local communities, and be the hero you know you want to be!

So join the DC Universe Online team or donate if you can. If you can't? That's fine too. Anything you can do to help spread the word is powerful, and that means just as much as a donation for the cause. It's really very simple: donate yourself, spread the word, or join our team! Everyone wins no matter what you choose to do.
    Let's Go!

The DCUO Extra Life Team is working to raise at least $10,000 in 2022. Check back often for information about how you can participate leading up to Game Day on November 5, 2022.

Dimensional Ink Games will again kick off our fundraising with a donation of $5,000! Let's make this a great year, together.
    Why Extra Life?

Extra Life is a charitable organization that unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $87 million for sick and injured kids.

By fundraising, our team is helping to support a local hospital that treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their illness, injury, or even their family’s ability to pay. And as the COVID-19 pandemic places new stresses on hospitals and communities, Extra Life helps ensure that the 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals around North America have the resources they need to care for the most vulnerable kids.

The DCUO team will support our local Austin CMN hospital, Dell Children's Ascension.

Team Member Milestones

Join the team and reach one of the below personal milestones for an extra special reward! (Tip: You can add these for everyone to see on your personal page directly.)

The great thing about this is that even if you can't donate, getting others to donate to you will get you cool stuff, too!
    • Team Member Milestone #1: $100
      • Extra Life in-game title "The Benevolent" for one character on your account
    • Team Member Milestone #2: $300
      • Extra Life in-game title "The Benevolent" for all characters on your account
    For clarity, these Team Member Milestones are unlocked if you 1) join the Extra Life DCUO team and 2) reach the milestone's dollar amount in donations you personally have received.

NEW! Team Incentives: Boss Battles

Boss battles are back this year. Gather your friends. Defeat bosses. Choose your prize. When you defeat all of your bosses, everyone in the area participating will also receive the reward!

Time slots (the incentives) are limited and will be posted as incentives on the Dimensional Ink extra-life page. These will sell out and more will be posted periodically.

This year, the following rewards are available:
    1. Holographic Rainbow Chroma Pack
    2. Violet Disruption Material
    3. Green Disruption Material
    4. Quartz Glass Material
    5. Sapphire Glass Material
    6. Amethyst Glass Material
    7. Fire Opal Glass Material
    8. Caregiver Cape
    9. Angelic Aura
    10. Starry Caregiver's Chroma Pack (3 materials)
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Thank you!! <3 This means I will make the stream one hour longer so everyone on my stream can come and join the boss event I just donated to :) Can we have a list of bosses available?

p.s can you guys post pictures of the new stuff just for clarity so players will know what to get? or even videos, I'm sure Multiverse or Obsidian has those. (And pssst...me too)
    • Like x 2
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If anyone is interested in seeing the below rewards and what a Boss Event looks like you can watch my video. The timestamps for the rewards are in the description/pinned comment
    • Caregiver Cape
    • Angelic Aura
    • Starry Caregiver's Chroma Pack
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

Going to add my batch of materials from Dev Invasions that are added here too so people know what they look like

Green Disruption Material

Fire Opal Glass

Amethyst Glass & Sapphire Glass
    • Like x 4
  5. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Sick!
    Last year I fell asleep and missed most of the EU battles cause they happened in the wee hours of the morning, hope I don’t do that again!
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

What's your name on EU? You could join my phase/group on Friday if you wish for the boss event!
    • Like x 3
  7. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Thank You! That would be awesome! I’ve PM’d you!
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Congrats for 1k donations raised, Mepps! And you too, Brook, whoever you are lol
    Soooo we hit the goal, is it going to be raised up abit for Game Day? xD
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think we'll just try to see how much we can beat the goal by. Hitting the goal means this year's reward will unlock right away on game day.
    • Like x 8
  10. Eve YouTuber

Ohh fair enough. Crossing fingers we have some base tours on Game Day :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Skoll Well-Known Player

For the league hall boss battles, do you have to be apart of said league to participate in the boss fight and get the rewards? or will having league hall access but being part of a different league while participating still grant you rewards?
  12. Eve YouTuber

No, doesn't have to be the same league as long as you have access to the league hall. But from what the Incentive said, it has to be Open World.
  13. Jaelia Committed Player

Does anyone know how the violet disruption material looks like?
  14. Eve YouTuber

Like the Green Disruption one just pink, but we don't have a picture or anything as it's a completely new material
  15. Corsair X Well-Known Player

Are we ever going to get a Spandex Material. I mean reskin the Stealth Mat with 3 colors. Wha La! instant superhero.
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Is there an open world event today?
  17. Torillon New Player

Yes at 12pm pt
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have open world events running today from 12-4PM PT for those that donated for them. Join us if you can, but please remember it isn't guaranteed you can get to and participate in an event you didn't donate for.
    • Like x 4
  19. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

Is there going to be live stream for event?
    Also i donated, but not sure how to participate since i was not asked for my acc info anywhere?
  20. Eve YouTuber

For anyone interested, here is a look at the new Violet Disruption Material
    • Like x 1