Extra Life 2019 - I'm not sure I want to help kids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MsTickle Fate, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

At this point I fear I might just be fueling the insanity of what you're doing here, have a good day my friend.
  2. dportmike New Player

I remember way back. new York kids raised lots of money. got a plain to take all the food the got to (don't remember where) in the name of a charity. im sorry this way a ways back. but it stuck in my head. the charity said they can NOT do it that way. they must go through them. the charity. or they could not give the food to the people they were trying to help. im sure there was lots of reasons for this. and im sure most of it was the money part. as sad as it is. it seems the more people give. the worst it gets. I am NOT saying ANYTHING about this charity. I no nothing about it. just saying I understand where the op is coming from.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some of you need to get a life and stop trying to suck the fun and generosity out of A CHARITY EVENT. Shame on you.
    • Like x 8
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Which is an awesome sentiment but I have a feeling that Tickle's American, and we have a lot of fraudulent activity that takes place, especially in the name of charity.

I can see why someone might be cautious, I suppose; I donate, but I try to stick to organization who aren't like, lining the pockets of anti-LGBTQ groups or trying to undermine the Southern Poverty Law Center - the only thing worse than donating to someone who's a huckster is donating to a bigoted huckster.

Not that CMN has THAT sordid a track record mind you. Though if you want the real feet on the ground, write a check to St. Jude's. But still - saving children = good.
    • Like x 2
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

The best way I know to help anyone is to volunteer your spare time if you can. Donate physical goods to a food pantry or homeless shelter; some will even pick up the items for you and some will let you drop items off at certain times. You can help others without spending a dime. There are many charities that will accept volunteerism/donated goods in lieu of money.

If you want to specifically help kids without spending money, then donate your time, energy and effort to your local schools, boys and girls clubs/big brother big sister, children's hospitals, ect. Again, no money needed.

Personally, if I have to do a deep dive research and think long and hard about donating money to a charity, then that is a hint and a half for my wallet that I shouldn't do it.
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

My point doesn’t in any way relate to how that particular charity uses money or to the veracity of your decision not to donate. That’s your own personal decision. Charity is a personal thing. I’m questioning your decision to submit a somewhat lengthy and detailed post explaining your decision.

It’s a bunch of nerds raising money for a kids hospital.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It seems like you're purposefully ignoring the actual details posted for some reason. I'm not sure. Again, the money goes to the hospital we have chosen, which is part of this network of hospitals. The hospital uses that money to exist in its mission to treat all kids in a 46 county area regardless of their ability to pay.

Full stop.

The site you keep quoting the same thing from specifically notes elsewhere that it doesn't rate hospitals or hospital foundations.

Full stop.

The actual charity's site spells out clearly that the money can be used for whatever the hospital needs and how it is used. I imagine that means making up the difference in healthcare bills, equipment, services, and, idk, paying for doctors? Feel free to call them up on your own time.

These absolutely bizarre posts are excessively cynical or sinister. I'm not sure which, but get it off my forums. Final warning.
    • Like x 16
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.