Exobit Cluster ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SkullGang, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

They made this change after one thread of someone asking for it, but can't make small changes to PVP or PVE......
  2. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Mepps also said he believes receiving bit clusters in relevant content is a bug and he's trying to get confirmation on yes it is or no it isn't. So patience is a necessary quality right now. ^_^
    • Like x 1
  3. Ramonater New Player

/
    11mill a day?? Please teach me master. I am being serious by the way how do you make 11 mill per day bro?
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

red bytes lol

900k- 990k per byte stack if I do nothing but farm I can make this much :D

granted I dont prefer to do this but it is possible.
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Adding my personal confirmation to this .. The past 3 nights I have not seen one option in reward boxes to take an extra MARK. I like the clusters and last thing I want to see is for them to disappear... But I don't think you would find anyone that would say they are happy having an exobit cluster that reward 3 exobits take the place of an extra mark as a reward.

So okay in the past three days I kept track to see what I did get from reward boxes as I put my alts through the T7 duos. I wound up with the following from reward baoxes:

22 Complex Materials (from salvageing armor I no longer need since everything is CR 102 or higher)

81 Simple Material (again from salvaged armor)

27 Focused Elements

33 Exobit Clusters that gave me 33 Yellow, 33 Red and 33 Blue exobits once activated.

The totals do not reflect any recipes I took and I also wound up with a number of 7._ Lair mods and NG furniture items that were not in reward boxes I do not waste reward boxes on furniture I already have THAT feat on all 7 alts and unless its a &.3 I don't already own or nothing else is any better I rarely take a lair mod any more.

The main thing is not a single reward box over 40 missions gave me the chance to skip anything else and just take an extra MARK.

Now all these crafting materials are great.. My main just slotted the last piece of CR 108 armor and every single one of them has a T7 mod slotted to make my character even tougher but .... Skill points and Mods do not affect Combat Rating. SP never did and since GU 47 neither does any mod slotted into armor. Both make your stats better and make you stronger and tougher but the ONLY thing that increases CR is armor and as we all know there are only 2 ways to get better armor.. Drops during missions an buying it from a vendor. So removing the option to take an extra mark from the reward box IMHO is totally unacceptable.

Want math? Okay I get 3 exobits from a cluster it takes 8 exobits to make one Exobyte. It takes 21 exobytes to build one T7 MOD so I need to find and accept 168 exobit clusters to modify one piece of armor. It takes 60 MARKS to buy a new chest piece that in most cases will up my character at least one combat rating.

So if extra marks were still available I could take a character from CR 111 to CR 112 by taking 60 extra marks during missions regardless of any other marks I receive for completing that mission. The T 7 duos have three boss battles and each has a reward box so the POTENTIAL was there, when extra marks were an option, to get 60 extra marks (with a HUGE amount of luck) in twenty duos. OBVIOUSLY it would actually take many more but it was a possibility.

Now I take that same character and run duos now that we have clusters and no extra marks .. Again we can get three reward boxes per duo..... 168 / 3 = it would take 56 duos as an absolute minimum to get enough exobits (IF a cluster was offered every time you defeated a boss) to build one T7 Mod I can slot into ONE piece of armor .. and when I am all done the only way my CR would have gone up was by using the normal marks that are rewarded for completing the entire DUO to buy better armor.... The mod wouldn't increase me rating one bit.

So what they took away was the potential to increase CR faster .. while unlikely as much as one CR in 20 mission and in its place we got the ability to up our stats a bit by modding one piece of armor and unless we take time away from running missions to farm exobits and JUST use the ones we get from clusters.. it would take almost three times as long to build a single MOD and our CR would be exactly the same as it was when we started... (YES I know that's not true because by running 168 duos even without those extra marks I'd had been rewarded 336 marks which would be enough to buy.. a weapon, chest piece, legs, shoulder, helm and back piece. Those five would have upped my CR by at least 4 CR and probably 5 but even if all those missions had only allowed me to take another 90 marks I would have also been able to upgrade my boots and gloves)

I do NOT want to see the exobit clusters leave BUT I do want to see the extra marks option BACK. What we got is no where near as valuable as what was taken away.
  6. Kreachure Committed Player

How rare are they?
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not very last night I ran 14 duos with 7 alts.. and wound up with 16 clusters. Each duo had three drops so I was able to get 16 from 42 reward boxes. It varied. I had some alts that didn't get a single cluster.. others got as many as 3 or 4 between the duos and the daily mission on New Genesis. I ran that daily on all 7 alts as well so altogether 16 out of 49.. or around 32% of the time I had the option, and took it, to take a cluster.