exceptions and thoughts from Atlantis

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 8, 2018.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s okay, Meowtapes just told us in the solo feedback thread you can die to the thorns and still get the Drift Destruction feat. So that kinda renders our debate moot. Kinda wish I’d known that earlier. My mental character couldn’t make it on her first attempt, could have grabbed that feat as a consolation prize :D
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ahh..ok
    I had a prec build earlier- I built it after Archer from Fate anime he was cool and used a bow & swords!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Now please BPM don't take this the wrong way but really why limit yourself to a weapon based on that? Hey the Green Arrow uses a bow so its not unheard of it the DC Universe. Now add in some of our other weapon choices.. Dual blade and two handed swords? Yes they still exist in the world but aside for ceremonial use there is not a military organization world wide using those. Now add in a few others that some may consider questionable dual pistols and rifle and and may as well add in the entire Mutions power set. Now villain side sure why not let's blow away anything in our way BUT using Batman and Superman as examples hero side.. IF we are the good guys and supposedly not out to kill anyone.. are we really shooting nothing but rubber bullets and dropped rubber bombs?

Personally I base what weapons I chose on the role(s) I am playing.. Healers, Trolls and even my DPS are not using anything like Brawl or Martial Arts . I am staying back as far away from the mobs as I can and blasting away at range. Let the tank get in close and pound on stuff.. that is supposedly his job. now there are some that can be effective both ways... I like shield. It can fire off ranged attacks and if and when the mob gets in your face you can pound the crap out of them with that heavy metal thing in your hands.

Now if I am building an alt and want a certain look for it.. then THAT enters into the mix. I have a munitions DPS that uses Dual Pistols because I wanted every attack he made to have some sort of gun, OR BOMB, being used. My Atomic Tank uses Hand Blasters because it just SEEMS like if all my powers revolve around the ability to use Nuclear reactions then yeah handing him a bow and arrow would really look weird. LOL

Hey use what ever you like but don't limit your don't limit your choices based on what century the weapon comes from :D
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

Noob question: Where is the Generator Mod Box in vendor?
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh yeah because an arrow through the chest never killed anyone :p My heroes have more of a relaxed approach to the no killing rule... they don’t execute helpless or surrendering foe except in truly exceptional circumstances, but they’re not willing to compromise their effectiveness on the battlefield by trifling with less-than-lethal munitions. How they’ve never accidentally killed anyone is a riddle for the ages though. :p
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure Generator Mods are supposed to drop as loot just like in Titans content. However, in Atlantis, they drop in Boxes so that you can select which mod you want.

Of course, I could have missed an announcement changing that plan. I was locked out of the boards for three days. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  7. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I enjoy the new map. Beautiful. Best they done.

No recycled warehouses or Area 51? I'm all for it!
    • Like x 3
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Well yeah I died the first time I did the solo and even used my Lazarus pit artifact to resurrect me only to die again because of the thorns. Kind of neat thing to add but at the same time got to kill things fast and skip adds to get to the door as fast as possible. I'm sure it will be easier once we get better gear and become stronger.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Let's take it one step further? I was doing my nightly exo-material hunt and in GOTHAM I actually had Nth metal dropping while i was clicking on little glowing rainbows. I tend to grab and collectable i spot as well since there are a few I still don't have the whole set on and I had Nth metal drop in Gotham clicking one of those as well. Wondering if they changed the determining factor from "the next thing you attack" to "The next thing you interact with"?

Definitely not a complaint..... Just that obviously it is happening in places other than just Atlantis and apparently doing just about anything aside from just standing still will prompt the stuff to drop when its time LOL

Either that or its a bug... If it is abug its one they can take their good time about fixing. No hurry schedule some one to take a look in say 2022 :D
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I can confirm this is correct. I got a Mod Generator Box and when I opened it, it allowed me to choose the mod I wanted. It's AWESOME!!!! :D
    • Like x 6
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can we sell the Mod Gen Box? Don't need Ray Columbus singing "She's a Mod" thankyouverymuch!
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No. Can't sell or trade.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What about 'delete'? Only have two generators so far
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Its a loot choice - just don't choose them
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, guess it depends on what the choices are

Kinda odd that under-30's don't get a Weapon or Gear Pack from the introductory mission, like they have had for nearly every other DLC
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I would like to take a moment to register a small complaint... Can we please get some signs posted in the upper levels stating" WARNING You are about to go through the upper shield that protects Atlantis. You will NOT be able to get back inside. (please not the word in RED should be flashing so they catch the players eye) LOL

Yep so today while running my solo daily mission for King Shark I headed upward to avoid meaningless battles and return to collect my reward. next thing i knew I was above the shield guarding the city and swimming around with some whales. Now while it apparently is possible to leave the city that way you can not get back in.. Well unless you know to just pull up your map and warp to the rally point. LOL not a BIG thing but the first time I have had to deal with anything like that since the old " Hey I just wound up outside the Watch Tower . I am floating in Outer Space. How do i get back inside?" Days.:D

Consider this post a warning it is possible to wind up on the outside looking in if you are not careful in Atlantis. The whales were very friendly though!

EDIT: Oh dang forgot to add this.. This post is in no way an actual complaint. I just found it amusing to wind up completely outside the city and figured I'd warn folks it CAN Happen. Took me all of 1 minute to realize whatwas wrong and warp back inside. LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Did you get any sweet time capsule items while you were up there with the whales?
    • Like x 2
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No but Shamu jr. did give me a really good tip on a sea food place that has the absolute best shrimp. MMMM shrimp. So is it politically incorrect to talk about sea food while we are rescuing the king of the sea? LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did they change that? Was fairly sure under-30's originally just had the 5 Rath Crown reward, butt now they get a Weapon Box

Aside from that, a couple of notes: after saving Aquadorkus' Missus' scaled arze, she turns around and says we make her skin crawl!? How WUDE!!
    And have noticed that the Halo shrinks during the cut-scenes, guess gonna have to read the label closer next time and have it dry-cleaned :p
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Welcome to the 10000 Post Club.
    • Like x 5