exceptions and thoughts from Atlantis

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, have been in too many games where a timed event has had zero lee-way for completing, and if you bring it up that was basically the response
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Guess it's different with every player. I killed everything on my way, swam around to pick up investigation, stood at last door just to see how fast it moves and still had, like, 1-2 minutes before Thorns got to me, I got away so far from it that I didn't see it on the map; got three feats in the end in single run. My buddy wiped a couple of times, though - I think the same is gonna happen with my lower cr/sp alts. :D

Me and my buddy completed the 100 relics mission in 5 minutes or so by only breaking chests with just two of us, they were popping one after another like crazy. Easy to see on the map (chests are marked with white dot) and much more beneficial than killing Collectors who only drop 1 relic and which most people are after. Seen only few people going after chests. In general, mission is easy, fun, and doesn't take much effort, imho, but I already feel like it's gonna get boring as hell after few weeks. :D

Aside from that, Atlantis is gorgeous. I'd prefer having duo over solo, though, but still everything looks amazing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The difficulty of Elite is my only gripe with this Episode, however, I kind of don't put it on the Developers because players never truly tested Elite on Test so they had no clue if it was too hard, too easy, or just right. The fact that my League and a few others were able to beat Elite Throne on day 1 with no Artifacts or Gear from the Atlantis Episode was a bit shocking. I mean don't get me wrong, there is a decent amount of mechanics in the Raid fights, but it just felt very strange to be able to beat the Raid within 2 hours of launch and never setting foot inside the Elite Raid on Test.

With that out of the way, everything else about the Episode is great. The Alert is really neat, the solo is fine, and the Open World is obviously stunning. Just wished they would have made Elite a bit more...Elite feeling.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not picking on you or anything BPM but it sounds like your DPS is VERY slow. It is possible that is the issue you are running into. Have you looked at some possible DPS guides for your power set to help increase the effectiveness of it?
    • Like x 2
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Really? I went in on my Atomic toon, in tank stance - did everything you described and it was EZ-Peezy. Same with Q toon just added Q-tunnel

I would agree with Brother Allen on this one. Maybe take a look at some different rotations or spec's for your DPS and you might find this to be easier
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I get that a lot because I don’t use FOTM rotations because I like to actually, you know, enjoy the gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Artwork in the new Atlantis content is

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Completely understandable man but at the same time, you can not complain if you can not accomplish a feat or finish a particular mission if you refuse help in understanding how to maximize your potential. You do not have to utilize "FOTM", you just have to utilize a rotation that does better DPS than what you are doing for particular situations, that is all. Once you have accomplished your objective you can go back to running whatever load out you prefer while doing missions that do not require a specific DPS requirement.
    • Like x 3
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't sound like they ere complaining, and what you said sounds a lot like FOTM-ing
    If this mission requires going DPS, then, personally, count me out
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

FOTM is purposely switching powers each month in order to utilize the most OP power set in the game to do the best Heals, DPS, Trolling, and/or Tanking. What I simply suggested was utilizing a load out that does a proper amount of damage for the situation, nothing more.

If you do not enjoy switching to the DPS role that is fine, but as you stated you more than likely won't be getting those particular feats (at least for now until even your support role gear out stats the content by so much you can). But this does not bother you and that is fine as well. In the end, I was just offering advice to BPM was all.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

May I ask what power you use? You mention HL Shield, but that's an iconic
    Like Brice said- you don't have to use a specific rotation or loadout but a small tweak could help get you thru easier while not killing the fun factor.

Also FOTM isn't a rotation, it's simply switching power errrr screw it. I just saw Brice beat me to it!
    What a jerk:mad:
    • Like x 2
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's why said "a lot like FOTM-ing", because that is what you are suggesting: switching to the most OP power at the moment, even if it's just for this mission
    Every power should be able to solo, even if some do it better than others
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Dark...I'm not saying switch power sets. I am saying change his load out man. There is a big difference between swapping out powers on your load out bar and changing actual power sets. Mainly one is free and the other is not :p. lol

We just had a bit of miscommunication was all. It happens.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

I'm confused here, he (BPM) was referring to rotation in FOTM and it appears Brother Allen was just correcting what FOTM is in relation to the DCUO community.

As to your point...what? Every powerset is capable of completing every instance in game competently, but if you are struggling to complete something simply because you choose to have a loadout incapable of doing so then you should adapt.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was just meaning that there should never be a FOTM because all powers (or classes or whathaveyous) should all be capable

And yeah, it's more than likely just a miscommunicationing about the whole FOTM thing (am all for better efficiency with what you have than changing everything, like that crazy fitness guy from the 80's use to shout: "Tech-NEEQ!" {and no, not talking about Richard Simmons, he was more of a 70's fitness guy :p })
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when i arrived in Doomed Metropolis to ruin the dailies there... I attacked a mob .. JUST A MOB no turrents involved or anything like Bizzaro or Hank and I had Nth metal drop LOL I can actually stop attacking the turrents and just defeat Luthor security and add to my nth metal totals. It's about time! :)
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ok heavens yes the ONLY thing I did was crack open chests .. the team was scattered so I have no clue what everyone else was doing but to anyone reading this thread the fastest way to get 100 relics is opening chests.

Now as for bored.. Yeah eventually we all get bored. Look at how long the Titan island DLC was end game... When you do the exact same thing over and over and over it stops being fun and starts being a chore you HAVE to accomplish. And that DLC was end game for months starting way back in July. If you have to take a break for a few days or if you log in go run some older content for feats you don't have yet. I actually had a friend quit the game because the repetition, along with the game changes , drove him to a point where he had to fight with himself to even logon. :(

I am perfectly fine with the solo but like you I would have liked to have a duo as well.
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the best compliment i can pay is last night before going to sleep i watched the dc nation news short. as the clip was starting i thought for a moment that the game was getting a little love but it turns out it was the intro to the aquaman movie and they were quick scrolling over an aerial view of atlantis.

the swimming feature is interesting. takes a little getting used to. reminds me of navigating the watchtower for the first time and trying to find beast boy and ambush bug in the lower levels or briefing and investigation hunting in the gotham wastelands.

content is stupid easy. normally i try to run elite raids asap and now i regret doing the normal versions to get a feel for things after what ive heard.

lag and bugs abound even undersea. there are areas of the map that cause camera shake, areas that make your toon go invisible along with the map, chat box, hud and health bar, invulnerable artifact chests, screen jumps. mechanics are fun and all but when you go to hit a timed cog and all your toon is doing is vibrating next to it makes it a dirty word.

once again i state my power is broken. usually before a new dlc drops i focus on back burner alts. over the past week i had zero issues using nature, quantum and fire...but the second i get on my main mental toon i begin experiencing infinite cooldowns on powers,double casts which throw off my rotation, things not working, things missing targets right in front of me. when terror tendrils goes on "infinite cooldown" the only way to "shake it loose" is to go invisible. it sets itself when you fire off your pain blast and return to a visible state. yesterday in the new alert this happened to me three times in a row. this morning it happened just a few minutes after logging on in the solo instance. when this happens there is basically nothing to do except wait for invisibility to cool down. it wastes a ton of time, it messes up my rotation. in the end it doesnt matter how good the content is if i cant play it.

i spent 20 bucks on replays to "celibrate" the new dlc. first time i bought a psn card in a couple of months and it looks like its going to stay that way.

the game sucks.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I referred to FOTM because I’m precision specced. Sorry I wasn’t more clear about that. I refuse, REFUSE to use a bow and arrow in the 21st century :p
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Ohhhhh...yeah I'm stumped on that one man. lol. Just carry on enjoying the game and don't worry about any of the feats that require things to be done in a certain time frame.

Unless that is, you are willing to rock some Dual Wields or One-Handed weapons. They do average damage and I always loved their combos with a passion.