Error - Unable to start marketplace

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Veritech, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Veritech Loyal Player

I'm sure they'll be onto it first thing on Monday. It wasn't until late on Friday that the issue was narrowed down to operating system. Mepps has replied which means it's acknowledged, and they miss our money as much as we miss MP access. ;)
  2. Master Musician Active Player

Sweet! I do miss MP access a lot, although they make lots of money over all, they're about to miss mine for good. lmao. jk :cool:
    • Like x 1
  3. Veritech Loyal Player

I have an alt that's desperate for some replay badges atm :(
    And that batman cowl taunts me..
  4. Master Musician Active Player

haha ikr i been tryin to push over 130 farming CZ, but replays have run out and the farm is starving. lol And yes the batman cowl is dope. A must have!
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating an issue impacting players on XP and Vista. The long and short of it is that those operating systems are old, no longer play nicely with modern security protocols, and you should consider upgrading your systems soon. That said, we're working on making sure the Marketplace itself still opens for you so you can spend DBC and claim items.
    • Like x 2
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

Hopefully something can be done. I refuse to put games on my main machine which runs Win 10 as it's too much temptation when I'm working. So I keep this and other games on another machine which I can't really update as I have a number of older developer tools installed that I often need when dealing with old projects for past clients. Subsequently I can't run the risk of them not working if I update.

Beyond that I know most people are loathe to change their system if it's working as well and/or the fact that they'd have to drop the $100 or so to update from Vista/XP as MS in their infinite wisdom did not extend the free upgrade that far down the pipe.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

8. SigmaAtom Committed Player

ahoyhoy

Im in the Philippines, and I built this PC specifically for my fiancee so we can play DCUO together and not have to deal with the heartbreaking visa process :( .. Vista SP2 is still on par with Win7 imho.

I can't even purchase over the web :/

thanks for the update mepps, hope this is soon man :)
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm STILL waiting for information to be posted on how we can change DCUO's browser that it uses for these transactions. As my copy of Vista 64-Bit has all 3 of the most popular browsers installed (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer) and since I keep Firefox and Chrome up-to-date, I want to try changing the browser it uses to see if that resolves the problem. :(
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, it would seem this still isn't fixed, and has now started affecting at least some users that are on Windows 10. I really want to know whose incompetence allowed this update to go live with this game-breaking change in it in the first place? The whole purpose of the Test Servers, I thought, was to catch stuff like this so it DIDN'T go live! :mad:
  11. JohnTMan Level 30

If you can't access marketplace your out of luck--according to their top notch customer service. Also your daybreak cash you lose. You have to login to marketplace from another pc that doesn't have xp or vista. if you don't you lose the dbc. Also according to their customer service rep the dbc is a perk that isn't guaranteed so too bad for u, me and every other xp or vista user.
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

The customer rep I dealt with was a bit more helpful and suggested I claim through another DB game such as Everquest. I installed it made a simple toon and did so without any really difficulty.

That said you still have to put in a ticket to have something bought by proxy.

I get that this is one of many things on the devs plate, but a quick update on what to expect especially since the seasonal sales are likely to come a few weeks from now would be appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  13. JohnTMan Level 30

One thing that the customer service rep said was that those perks of membership are not guaranteed. so we lose them. I am not installing another game to claim any of those perks. when sony live customer service rep helped me--he logged into my account and guided me through what i needed to do to fix marketplace problems i was having. since daybreak took over their customer support isn't as helpful from what i experienced. i was told they cannot access our accounts but for some reason sony could. i really don't understand why sony could and daybreak can't. terrible customer instances are not forgotten but i won't go through this again that is guaranteed. i'm done begging daybreak for help. they don't care about losing some of us and i'm fine with that
  14. Veritech Loyal Player

Support service has been very helpful to me.

I've been submitting a ticket to claim my monthly SC twice now and make any purchases, and the response has always been prompt and without issue.

Still working towards an upgrade, just not my top priority atm ;)
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visithttps://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-0)
  16. Veritech Loyal Player

Wrong thread ;)
    This one is about dinosaur OS xp/vista not being able to access in-game marketplace.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And I'm assuming this still isn't fixed. This is an unacceptable level of incompetence from the beta testing side of things. This never should have been allowed to go live in the first place. :mad:
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, Mepps posted this in the thread in the Announcement Forum, but it's now Closed, so it's no longer possible to give feedback on this issue in that topic:
    So, I tried it out over the last 2 days. I can confirm that the in-game Marketplace is now working on my Windows Vista machine! I was able, as stated by Mepps, to go to the Official Website and purchase additional Daybreak Cash to add to my account. I was then able to go to the Marketplace in-game and purchase some Booster Bundles! :cool:

BUT... what's STILL broken is the Monthly Daybreak Cash Reward for All Access Members. On one of the pages of the website, it mentions that my current monthly reward is only available until December 10th. BUT... when I log into the game and go to the Marketplace, my Monthly Reward is NOT showing up in-game. Both in the game, and on the website, I'm unable to find any way to actually CLAIM my Monthly Reward to add that Daybreak Cash to my account.

At this point, after several months of the Marketplace being broken for users on Vista, I'm now probably owed a few thousand DBC that I haven't been able to claim. That would buy me a few more Booster Bundles. Very, very frustrated right now. :confused:
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Just tried again today. The only place my 500 MC monthly reward shows up as available is on the official website. It doesn't show up in the in-game marketplace, and there's no way to redeem it from the website. So, I'm getting screwed out of my 500 MC a month until this latest issue is fixed. :(

Looks like it's time to start a new thread...
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

I won't know if I'll still be having problems collecting until next week but for the last few months I've been collecting via Everquest. I just installed the client (about 10Gb total IIRC) made a quick player and that was good enough. Not the ideal solution but one none the less.
    • Like x 1