Episode drop schedule and stuff...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by inferno, May 13, 2016.

1. inferno Loyal Player

So, we are now finishing up week two of May and still no new episode. Most likely it will come in for all members next week; but what ramifications will it have on the schedules of following episodes? Will Episode 25 still drop for Legendary in the first week of June? Giving everyone less than 3 weeks for ep. 24? To try to resume the original release schedule? Or will this be the new trend ( to release on the beginning of the 3rd week) of when an episode releases?

Obviously, as a result of the Xbox release and the problems that followed; the developers and staff has been overwhelmed and working hard to bring Xbox players to a more "normal" queue time as the rest of us. Although I congratulate and am happy that new customers are coming into DCUO, I cannot help but be dismayed at how PS4/PC players have been greatly affected in the gameplay. The delay in episode release, the lag that is now more prevalent in the game and the increase or normalization of disconnects occurring in the game. To be truthful, the game feels as if I am playing on my PS3 before I had installed a solid state drive (for clarification I am playing on a ps4).

I think it is now obvious more than ever that the DCUO developers and staff has been streamlined into the most efficient staff capable of handling "normal" routine; borderlining into the need to add more staff. This expansion and other numerous occurrences greatly shows that the current number of staff is teetering on being overwhelmed and incapable of addressing emergencies in a timely manner. I truly hope that all this hard work and effort being done into bringing in and retaining the XBOX players will result in added investment NOT ONLY in hardware and equipment but also adding more people to the DCUO staff.

This frustrated rant is mostly aimed to find out what is going to happen to the schedules of episodes beyond 24.
    • Like x 9
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

"Streamlined into the most efficient".
    • Like x 2
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Some people want them to focus on fixing issues instead of releasing content. They do this (by addressing the Xbox community, Link Death, disconnects, etc.) but of course there are requests to release the content anyway. I wonder why confusion ensues. ;)

Content will be released when it is ready and when scheduling allows it to be released. The release schedule was never a strict plan to begin with but a general idea of when content should be released pending any type of issue that may come up.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Still working this out - depends a bit on what date we end up with for 24.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cisco Sama Well-Known Player

Maybe if they had a bigger staff
  6. SpiderCrow Level 30

Just release both episode at the same time and you will be in schedule again. Set the release for the first week of june with both espisode.
    • Like x 6
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Did you even bother reading the op?
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Also the limited testing of the raid on test does affect it as well.
  9. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

This^

They need a bigger staff. Get them a big one like Teal'c has.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. AJPro Committed Player

It is yin yang clearly Sony was making less money but had the staff. Now daybreak sliced the staff by at least a third by tracking the layoffs and that coupled with all these combined platforms has led us to this monthly content with little secondary design.....I.e. Open world, plotline, variety....very vanilla And dates that get moved because of technical issues because you can only spread people so thin.

It is like where I work, they halfed the matience staff to save money, we see a much dirtier building and complain but actually the staff is working hard than ever but just find it impossible to keep quality up with half the work force. In fact if someone stays late or does extra they are enabling the cuts and it becomes a vicious catch 22 . Like I think it is now at dcuo....like if we get the quality back they add more staff, then the game goes offline because no profit...I.e. Catch 22
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just wait till first week of July and release 24, 25, and 26 all at once and continue on with 3 month cycles!

Oops. Wrong thread.
    • Like x 11
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Hate to be that guy but need to make 1 correction.
    We dont just have "Less than 3 weeks" with Episode 24, we have a Lifetime of it (or however long DCUO runs ofc)
    This isnt Survival Mode, and even that Rotates. Lets not start exaggerating.

Carry on.
  13. inferno Loyal Player

Thanks for the reply, Mepps. Obviously, I don't speak for the community, only for myself. There are still things going on that needs a more desperate attention and perhaps the better solution would be to just release 24 AND 25 for test and get them both out for next month. Perhaps use the remainder of this month to stabilize the Xbox queue and also get a few tweaks for the ps4/pc connectivity issue.

It would be difficult to catch up since we are still limited to the 100 marks to save up and we would have to catch up on 8 pieces of vendor gear rather than 4 before 26 comes in on July but it may be the only solution to return to the old pattern of release dates.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm still of the thinking that subscribers will get EP24 middle of next week. Just based on how long from previous episodes going on test to then going live (this year so far). For example Episode 21 was put on test on January 23rd (22nd US time?), then released to members on 4-5 February with after Crossplay downtime (depending on region) (12-13 days). Episode 22 went on test February 12th and then released to members March 2nd (19 days). Episode 23 went on test March 21st and was released to members on April 6th (16 days).

Episode 24 went on test on May 6th (or late May 5th US time). Earliest I'd expect would be middle of this week coming, probably Wednesday. That would mean 12 days on test - and would also mean it would be released for all within the month of May (as then it would be released for all on May 25th, following Wednesday is June).

That said its not out of the realm of possibility that it could do an Episode 22 on us and add another week on test, releasing to members on 25th May and all on 1st June.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

After how rocky the servers have been lately I would so prefer they wait and release it later. The random DC problem and general lagginess is pretty bad right now :(
    • Like x 2
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

If everything pans out well, gonna stream that group that is forming later (just invited, no clue how it will play out as its not mine). Due to having access to 168 cr and max gear we will see how this has an affect on the normal version of the raid as I only know the differences and impacts of 164/165 geared players. This will be actual setup testing so expecting wipes for the sake of testing instead of just being there to finish it or in other words: actual testing .... badum tzz ^^
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Furthermore if EP24 went live to members on 25th May and released to all on 1st June - there lies a possibility that episodes from here on out would be released at end of months rather than beginning (or very beginning for all).
  18. Ichiro Loyal Player

Just release episode 24 in June and pretend that May never happen
  19. Zlohsac Committed Player

^ This is a genius idea if I've ever seen one.

There would be so much more time for activities!
    • Like x 1
  20. CS2016 Committed Player

keep us posted please?