Dev Discussion Episode 46: Artifact - Brand Of Hecate

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Cardboard, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Cardboard Developer

What's up players!

With the new episode comes a new artifact!

[Controller Role]
    Grants Ability: Blood Moon Brand

Blood Moon Brand
    Cooldown: 6s
    Power Cost: 100
    Damages (2/3/4/6) enemies over time for (6.5/13/19.5/26)% of your Vitalization and (1/2/3/4)% of your Might if they have a [Controller Debuff]. Refreshes all [Controller Debuffs] on the enemy, marks them for Harvest Moon Cull for (14/17/21/26) seconds, and grants you a stack of a +1.875% Might and Vitalization for each [Controller Debuff] on the target up to a max of (6/12/18/24) stacks. Branding bosses grants triple stacks.

Reduce power cost based on stack number.
    • 8 Stacks: 5% Reduction
    • 16 Stacks: 15% Reduction
    • 24 Stacks: 25% Reduction

[Combo]
    Tap Melee: Harvest Moon Cull
    Power Cost: 300
    Unmarks and damages up to 8 enemies that are marked by Blood Moon Brand for (8.5/17/25.5/34)% of your Vitalization and (1.3/2.6/3.9/5.2)% of your Might, and restores Power to 3 group members. This effect increases for each [Controller Debuff] on the target.

Culling a target 6 times during the same debuff instance will remove the debuff.

Let us know any feedback you have!
    • Like x 1
  2. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

HEY DEVS SINCE YALL APPARENTLY READ SOME CHATS THE ROBOTIC STYLE FROM THE CLASSIC GAME THAT USE TO DROP ON OOLONG ISLAND HAS BEEN BROKE SINCE OMNIBUS CLAMP. PLEASE FIX, BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS ADDRESSED, THIS MASSIVE OUTLIER BUG FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS NOW. THIS IS THE LINK TO ONE OF MANY POSTS ABOUT IT. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-oolong-island-no-longer-exists.327872/page-7
    • Like x 1
  3. Massah Committed Player

Awaiting Double Artifact bonus before I commit resources to Brand of Hecate.

Going to Sacrifice Strategist Card as BOP, Amulet, and now Brand of Hecate don't benefit from critical damage due to non-standard damage scaling composition.

The Testing thread got closed:
    I know the damage got reduced from the 12 second cooldown with 60% Vit and 15% Might for Brand & 80% Vit and 20% Might for Cull
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...artifact-brand-of-hecate.329271/#post-4602962

Some testers noted it was real close to Pet damage build and they said damage was "too high"

Even if stats were halved to 30% Vit 7.5% Might for Brand and 40% Vit and 10% Might for Cull with 6 sec duration ; due to combo animation the damage would have been less than half when accounting for damage vs. time.

Also a Pet damage build in the same group as the Controller providing the Debuff should have had more damage since the controller would have been reducing defenses to match the damage of someone solo pet damage testing on DPS stance.

(Makes it difficult to test apples to apples : when a DPS cannot reduce defense by 15% like a Controller using Amulet of Rao with defense Debuff applied to multiple targets ; since Brand of Hecate does ZERO damage on targets without debuffs.
    -thus requiring the artifact that allows AoE debuffs to utilize the damage and Debuff duration extension of Brand of Hecate artifact

Very similar to a Pet build using Pet Artifacts (Quislet/Grim) with Source Shard for God wave strength)

On test with more skill points (502+ at 424 cr) (302sp 423cr on live server), 200 arts Rao, Bop, Brand vs Live 160 Rao, Bop, Strategist
    It takes me the same 9 minutes 13 secs to finish the Elite Theater Solo
    Sticky bomb is loadout difference vs Brand of Hecate
    While Stickbomb does allow for Crowd control and critical damage; it does not have the same AoE clearing damage as Brand of Hecate.

The damage comparing my run with Brand of Hecate on test vs. my run Strategist card run on Live has me clearing the same solo with the same damage and same clear time.

The Brand of Hecate run I received more incoming damage since neither BOP nor Brand will CC/interrupt enemies.

It would be nice if there was a larger damage boost for the trade-off of no Crowd Control effects for these Controller ability-slot artifacts.

Even if increasing the % modifiers on Amulet of Rao so that the DoT ticks are at least 4 digit numbers or equal to some light weapon attacks (3 ticks of 600-800 damage feels like it means nothing in Elite content against the health tank mobs) Especially since Amulet of Rao Debuff DoT damage cannot crit.
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For damage being too high???....

If you have bad DPSes in the group.... yes you can end up being top Damage.

But if you have a good DPS in the group.... not. ;)

So sometimes I will end up top damage.... but usually end up second in damage.

Most group seems to have 1 good DPS... and 3 not so good.

So I would not say the damage is too high. i would say that we have many... many..... not so great DPSes. :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Chilontius Level 30

Ya know, I don't see any artifact discussion thread, I might be blind.

But hear me out. An artifact that makes your powers hit harder, but increases the cooldown and power cost.

I'd love to focus more on my weapons and toss my powers out when they come up, but they come up too damn fast. I gotta choose between them and smackin.
  6. KINGTJTRENCHES New Player

Hello I'm Looking To See If The Developers Could Make A Defense Face Mod And Release Some More Face Mod Equitable Gear. I See That Every Mod Increase Every Stat In The Game But Defense. It Would Be Like Every Other Mod With Defense Included A Regular Defense Mod, Defense & Health Defense & Power, Defense & Precision Also Defense Mod For Your Base, Gear, Consumables And Allies And Any Other Additions Made To The Game That Add Defense That Would Be Helpful Too.