Dev Discussion Episode 45: Dakota City (Open World)

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by BeanCan, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Hello BeanCan! I a leaguemate found a small bug in the open world, this building has no physical walls on it.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

It’s only on the higher part of the building.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Any reason why when bounties get low on health that their damage intake is reduced? Like I be fighting jinx and using a finisher and when they get below 35% the damage it does is less than the original amount. Do the bosses have a special mechanic to where they put up a shield at the end that we can’t see or what gives?
  3. Valkjur Level 30

anybody else on PS4 have image glitching issues when freeing bang babies from purple cages? bc I do & it hurts my eyes... a lot
  4. Icon Active Player

Are there any plans to expand this zone to include landmark areas such as Paris Island (home to and protected by The Blood Syndicate), Prospect Hills (wealthy suburb home to Augustus Freeman aka Icon) , Utopia Park, and the Alva Industries Building (owned by Edwin Alva, bid bad business man and main adversary to Hardware)? I was really hoping to see Dakota City become the most dangerous zone to play in with lots of villain factions duking it out and stalking any heroes who dare enter its city limits. The overall feel to the zone is on point but needs more action to make it pop.
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Didn't realize I never left feedback here yet.

I like the simplicity of the city's setup. It's pretty easy to tell where the adds are that you are after. The bosses spawn up reasonably. The rendering isn't too bad, unless there's 75ppl trying to kill bosses. One thing that I'm disappointed with, is traffic. This is a city, open world city. If I spec super strength, it's because when I'm in a city, I want to throw cars and busses, or use them as weapons. Parked cars can't be moved, and the traffic is as dead as can be.
    "We need more cow bell!"
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Still crash doing bounties, even after the client hotfix.
  7. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I've experienced this too, just far less frequently.
  8. TheGreatPunch New Player

Can there be a way to transfer purchases from one platform to anoyher? Maybe even just let it be a one time code to redeem in marketplace.