Dev Discussion Episode 45: Dakota City (Open World)

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by BeanCan, Apr 20, 2023.

1. BeanCan Developer

Hello!

We're super excited to present our latest Episode: Shock to the System!

This thread will mostly be used for closely monitoring any feedback or bug reports related to the Dakota City open world content.

Thanks for playing DCUO, and I hope you enjoy the new episode!
  2. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Seems like the bounties are taking to long to spawn
    • Like x 2
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• The open world looks very good (for old textures).
    • The grindable feats are nice in order to kill time between bounty spawns.
    • The bountys seem well balanced. In terms of both small and big phases.
    • Phases in general seem either overpopulated when fighting a bounty or too many effects are still visible for PS4 and even PS5 versions, making the UI glitch out like it ever did on bounty farm spots in the present and past.
    Was phase hopping disabled on purpose? What i mean by that is that after you kill jinx, killing her in the same appearnce window in another phase doesnt award bonus marks.
    I dont think the bounty farm will end up any different than the two prior episodes which had them, but the daily mark and weekly stabilizer, aswell as the 45.4 plans are a good reason to keep going - even after the counter feats are done.
  4. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Yes but when you finish with all those other open world feats your standing forever it feels like.
    • Like x 1
  5. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

The lag is even worse now on switch EU with this episode. Can't see adds even more
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Seemingly random comment, but I really liked the usage of parked vehicles in the world/scenario building. It's something that adds up to the scenario.
  7. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Minor request: when you warp into the open world (e.g. from Warp menu, from HoL, but not warping to rally), your character faces south. Can this be changed so that you face north? You have to face north or east to reach all the vendors and the teleporter. As it is now, facing south means you have to rotate your camera every time. Minor, but very annoying.
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Bug report: rescuing Bang Babies from cages gives no progress towards the daily mission given by Static.
  9. Stranger Well-Known Player

The chemoids fall out of map 50% of the time.
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

1. Head augment for additional mark drop on bounty does not work. I have 1 equipped and leveled and still receive 10/20 schematics vs the 11/21 I should be receiving.

2. Graffiti on the road in middle of map. Not needed at all. Politics need to stay out of the game.

3. Illegal crosswalk color scheme for intersection by high school. Needs to be white and not rainbow for pedestrians to cross over safely. And again, keep the politics out of the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheDudeOfSteel New Player

Deal with it.
    • Like x 3
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

love the city, its amazing and unique. def doesnt feel like gotham or metro. well done!

i love collection piece locations, while some maps prior it seemed like low effort positions,just out in the open no brainer, these ones are fun. and as a flyer i especially like them on top of the roofs :) i even more like the ones especially shipping containers, great place to hide em :)

i am enjoying the mob encounters, i like the shadow giants and how they are so big and hard to beat until you activate the vehicle and love the apok cannons where you kill mobs, activate the cannon, kill more mobs then watch the bombs come and destroy it. also enjoyed the devices that hurt you and then give you healing when converted, great little mechanic.

i dont mind the boss timers like others might as my batman ally and i keep busy in between times gathering collection pieces to feed to alts :)

thanks for the episode, enjoying it so far :)
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Politics need to stay off the forums. There are LGB iconic characters in the game, keep that in mind when you're trying to make a silly argument.
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

You forgot a letter in that Mr sensitive. Anyway, I never mentioned that group in my post. So thank you for a pointless threat against my post.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I didn't forget any letters, there are no iconic characters in-game that fall in any other category. But we all know who you were referring to with your post.
  16. Zua Level 30

On Nintendo Switch the enemies do not render in most of the time, you are unable to hit them but they can continue damaging you.

For the bounties it's the same thing, but when you get knocked by the bounties that is when they will render in. You will 9/10 times have to respawn because of no-one being able to revive you so you'll have to go through that entire process of waiting for them to render while they are damaging you making the bounties nearly impossible to defeat. Going into a separate phase with a small group will not fix this issue either, nor will lowering effects.
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

The augment for bonus mark in Dakota City does not work
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Have both augs leveled and still don’t get the bonus marks from bounties.
  19. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Was at mtc teleporter and went to mission hub and ended up in the south wall unable to move, had to warp rally. Not sure if there is a bug that affects the spawn location but dang, got walled instead.
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Still have teleporting issue going back to mission giver area. Sometimes I get placed next to the building and fall……. Get placed in side of building and are stuck. Get placed before the floor is loaded and fall down to the next floor and are stuck. Can we please get a fix for this issue? Otherwise I just fly so I don’t have to teleport and then rally.