Dev Discussion Episode 45: Abandoned Subway Duo

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Quixotic, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

Well can someone may tell me how it can be that DaBoom is more behind his shield as he do fighting? this is absolutly annyoing
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It seems to be tied to the rate of burn. If the burn is slow, he alternates more between shield, green pools and his pull and AOE attack. If the burn is very high, it seems to skip phases, but not the shield, so you get back to back to BACK shields sometimes.

And yes...it's annoying.
    • Like x 1
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

4. RTX Well-Known Player

You can lunge/block him to avoid damage and in return do damage on him, it might only be a few seconds but those can be beneficial, where you normaly would have needed to use your soder or supply drop etc. already.

There are mechanics which pierce shields, however you use them in those situations/boss fight where they´re usefull, mainly to not have your soder/supply drop on cooldown, when you need it.

I´ve been testing the duo explicit with different roles, so that even a group of 2 trolls would be able to finish, if they use their power correctly (healing, damage, defense debuff on boss etc.)

Also, not only does nearly every powerset has a ability for healing, you also have access to movement or iconic abilitys, a very useful one would be "Pheromone Bloom", which is a 2500 supercharge which will nearly always heal you for atleast 50% of HP, therefore you have the supercharge healing, ability healing, soder, supply drop and if that´s not enough you could even use sidekick trinket.

I´m one of the reason this duo is easier now, you can look at what i´ve written in testing-feedback. Be happy that it wasn´t released without those changes. For Daboom however, only the acid burn can become dangerous, if you not ignore the other mechanics (If you ignore them, you have to try again until you understood that you can´t)

Its hard to find the right balance between all the different people, some even wanted it to be harder before it got nerfed. At this state however everyone can have a good time in it. It´s not hard for skilled players, but they won´t be able to do it brainless. It´s kinda hard for another section of players but not impossible, that for me means optimal balance.

Using an iconic-supercharge which basicly is like a second soder, can be seen as "skill" since you´re using your brain to be able to finish it easier. There are many options you can choose from.

Again don´t expect a mechanic to not punish you if you ignore it, then you won´t need mechanics. Or what does your logic say?
    • Like x 1
  5. Royy New Player

Hear me out... Green arrow episode to introduce roy harper / arsenal, with connor hawke / diggle appearing... Leading directly into titans part 2 episode with arsenal joining titans and wally west being introduced, with brother blood coming back (hinting towards titans tv show slightly since you guys base eps on movies and tv sometimes like birds of prey did) Then lead that into an outlaws episode introducing jason todd / red hood and having bizarro reappear too with ginger artemis, and arsenal leaving titans to join them also.
    (Ive been suggesting these for over a year now but i honestly think this would be an amazing 3 episodes and alot of people i know who have played the new ep would agree, they like the fresh content that brings new characters and loved characters now rather than reusing a ton of characters) , also, please give us purchasable league hall themes <3

(Just to add to this i think itd be great to get a green arrow episode since we havent really had any major green arrow content really, and introduce some of the arrow family given that green arrow #1 came out recently!)
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seems like a random place to post this....but sounds cool.
    • Like x 1
  7. DezFTW Active Player

LET HIM COOK
    • Like x 2
  8. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Having to use an iconic power because your own power said isn’t good enough or using cronos as a tank because you have no cc is the equivalent of having to use a prosthetic dick because the doctor (the devs in this case) took away your ability to knock up your own girlfriend.
  9. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

So What is this thing with DaBooms Poison Explosion it hits way to hard and this poison effect shouldnt activated after it thats rediciouls not everone do this with an healer and if u dont got a healer or learnes artifact u just die nerf dabooms poison explosion PLS!!!!