Dev Discussion Episode 45: Abandoned Subway Duo

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Quixotic, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to the feedback thread for the Episode 45 Duo, Abandoned Subway: Make your way through Ebon's abandoned subway lair with Static and confront Ebon on his role in the abduction of Bang Babies in Dakota City.

Post your feedback and thoughts on the duo in this thread.
    I hope you have fun and enjoy it!
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

i played on normal, enjoyed the duo. the investigations and briefings were at nice locations. i enjoy the fact the adds were fighting someone else, allowing us to pick them off without aggro, so while partner was grabbing the investigations i could still move on without fear of dying like a noob hahahaha and there seemed to be just the right amount of adds :)

when fighting turtledove, i died when she took to the air (my bad) but the instant i died, "rally" option popped up. i thought, that's weird, but lets push it anyway and see what happens. well, it took me right back to start hehe. not sure if its bugged for this duo or something with just dying in general or not.

then when i was waiting outside the barrier for my partner, who did finish (ty sir!) i was getting stunned and taking dmg from turtledove. my partner never came close to me for me to attempt to see if it works both ways and i could heal thru the barrier or dmg turtledove or not, but i woulda tried it had the opportunity arose.

anyway, loved it on normal, wanted to give feedback! tyvm!
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Going for the feat where you don’t activate the shadow tentacles from the purple pools for the entire run, neo-lady blackhawk keeps spawning them under me (which alone is fine) but then hard stunning me inside. Having to break out before rolling out causes the shadow tentacles to spawn and fail the feat with nothing that could have been done. Like in PCe, that mechanic ignores immunity which would also be fine if not for the feat.

On last boss, the damage from the stun you have to tap out of seems a bit high. With a tank and DPS setup, for DPS if soda and supply drop are on cooldown it seems to be a guaranteed death, even with popping distract. Personal dampening fields don’t activated even though I’m pretty sure they’re supposed to be usable while controlled.
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An Elite duo with more mechanics than some raids. I love it. The only issue I saw was that the toxic puddle from DaBoom sometimes damaged players instantly. Similar to how the purple puddles in RoE+ damage tanks instantly sometimes.
    Im referring to the pool that spawns after the reflection phase is over by the way, not the ones that spawn if a player hits the reflection shield.

Other than that it seemed nicely balanced and I can see myself doing it daily (which is rare for me).
    • Like x 2
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

1st boss: eleet mode unfortunately… was able to solo this as a troll as I guess my teammate wanted a carry. If someone flies high up it resets the boss like crazy. The lunging thing it does is too big of a pbaoe as the only way to survive it is to block, even if you roll out the damage field is tooo big to avoid.

2nd boss: what a joke. Sparring target mode activate! Attack, don’t attack, attack, don’t attack, dead, move to next boss. Like wtf was this boss?

3rd boss: can’t drop a supply drop without dying apparently.

Did it all no healer while 396cr.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

First boss on eleet, just to clarify the pattern of the skulls, is it like ‘fly up with arrows, lunge, lunge’ repeat?. I feel like there is a feint in there with a lot of burn to where she’ll go up to do the arrows and ends up lunging you without warning. Maybe it’s me but the fight goes a lot smoother with slower burn so the boss doesn’t skip the pattern? and blindside us.

Any clarification from the dev would be appreciated.
  7. Valkjur Level 30

can anyone tell me abt the Subway Duo Feat "Wind Beneath Her Wings" pls? "Defeat Turtledove without allowing her to place a Field of Spinning", like how are we supposed to do that? are we supposed to defeat her b4 the first time she tries it or if we attack hard enough while she's preparing for it we'll be able to prevent her from doing it at all?
    • Like x 1
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

daBoom and Quantum's Time Bomb. I think it's unfair that Quantum players will get punished for using Time Bomb in this boss fight as it's a very slow attack. If a player activates Time Bomb before daBoom uses his shield attack, Time Bomb shouldn't punish the player when it explodes during his shielding.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

I have yet to do the feat, but I think you have to dodge roll just as she lunges and she won't do the vortex. I've managed to do it, but my partner usually messes up the feat.
  10. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

When she flies up and gets spinning and shoting arrows to floor, you need to be out of midrange of her to not being hit by her arrows.
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Eleet second boss. If you have a good burn on him which isn’t often, towards the end of his health he will do the shield thing back to back without warning. He exits the first one so you start a rotation and shield is up and now ya dead. Like wtf is this?! Is it all health based? Time based? Quantity based? Give us a break here. It looks like the boss has to play catch-up because we the players got some burn on him and shoving all the mechanics together at once isn’t fair.
    • Like x 1
  12. Quixotic Developer

In Elite, DaBoom's reflect is used on health thresholds. Pay attention to your burn rate and you can more or less predict when he'll use hit Radioactive Shield.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 3
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Thanks for clarifying that. But I still have a ‘hmmm’ lingering here. How would it be that it goes back-to-back so quick if it’s health threshold based? Maybe it’s just me…
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You can do enough damage where you exceed the 1st and 2nd threshold for DaBoom's reflect. So it has them back to back because you can't skip that phase but you've already done enough damage to proc both.
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Makes sense. So I guess I’m laying down too much sauce and it’s messing me up. (me as in duo team).
  16. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

The acid burn makes this impossible without a healer. Shield piercing dot spam burn is ridiculous. It’s like the developers of ignore the last few years of a critical tank shortage and now, with a large number of players flipping to that role, they then introducing Mechanic to penalizes people for not having their own personal healer in a duo. I know this response is either going to be ignored, or minimalized in the ridiculousness of the Mechanic being pointed out because the developers will never go into anything they make, without being in God mode or lying outright about what goes on in here.
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Or you can...you know...avoid the acid.
    • Like x 1
  18. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Not when he stomps and hits everybody in the room. You literally have to be a healing tank or have your own healer, especially when he does it back to back in under 60 seconds.
  19. RTX Well-Known Player

They don´t have to do that, because there are players testing it on Test-Server before it hits live.

If he gets the acid aura, get distance to him. Try lunging him to fix his position.

If you see a big red area on the ground you should move away from it.

If he puts a field under your feets, you will have to get out of it.

If hes about to do reflection shield, stop attacking, reposition yourself and make use of the fight zone.

If you´re losing alot health, use a shield, supply drop or soder. Group members supply drop will heal you too!
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Having run this for a few weeks now, the instance isn't inordinately difficult,

My biggest complaint is probably just the crowd control from particularly the adds between bosses, OMG, spinning on the roof, 2 seconds later rooted in some thorns, 2 seconds later encased in some ice, 3 seconds later lets go for a mental head spin... I mean it's not "hard" to overcome, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't annoying, especially in the context of a duo.

Otherwise the duo has been pretty good.
    • Like x 1