Test Discussion Episode 44: Elite Plus

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Feats for titles and/or fancy clout items (looted or even purchasable with certain feats unlocked) is fun, feats with feat points in Elite+ is not. It's a slap in the face. I was led to believe that Elite+ was for the added challenge, similar to survival mode, not for a way that the tiny percentage of top sweaty meta or hacker crowd can gatekeep the rest of the playerbase? The previous Elite+ you released (TSWe+) is not even completable (let alone able to get the feats for) on Xbox whatsoever, for Pete's sake.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...dcuo-raid-the-source-wall-walkthrough.322515/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...raid-elite-plus-second-boss-encounter.325806/

I did these guides for SWE including +. Hope these help.

I will be doing the same for the Elite+ raids here when they release. I will try to include mechanic names where appropriate.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

4. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Something needs to be changed, I just ran the alert elite plus with one friend and 2 randoms, we beat in on 19 minutes first time. It wasn’t difficult in the least. It felt like normal elite with slightly more health, and a bit more ads in the lb. This isnt plus… hallway adds didn’t even present a challenge making sure to pay attention to their mechanics.
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hallway adds are just for building supercharge, didn't you know?
    • Like x 1
  6. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Just fully pugged GP E+ in about 31 minutes.
    Ran DPS, Tank, Healer & Battle-troll.

No issues whatsoever on first boss, one wipe on second. Fights feel good, but not as difficult as when previous elite plus alert launched.
    Hallway ads feel a little squishy.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Did the pet changes go live with Elite+? As my pet was still dying to the lazy blast. Just curious if it hit live yet.
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    Neron's Underworld Elite Plus 1st Boss (Hatred and Selfishness)
    - Hatred keeps teleporting to allies and pets. Which is annoying if he teleports to Isis or Black Adam, while they stand at Selfishness.
    This causes the bosses to heal each other. This appeared so many times ...

- When Hatred 1shot-charge (running to 1 marked player) ended, the boss still 1shot me even 3 seconds afterwards.
  9. Quixotic Developer

It did but I took another look and noticed a logic error that could allow pets to still take damage. My fault - something I missed. Fixed it and should be good after next update.

- Quixotic
  10. Quixotic Developer

Some Elite Plus updates along with that pet fix:

Rock of Eternity Elite Plus
    • Increased health and defense for Bosses
    • During Black Alice fight, anyone in Cage of Anubis will take greatly reduced damage from Globe of Power Magic Blast
    • Felix Faust: Fixed a logic error that could still allow Lazy Blast to hit pets
    • Felix Faust: Added a bit of extra time internally for Micro Nap to succeed - a grace period of sorts to account for performance issues
    • Black Alice will attempt to use Fateful Contempt more often
    Neron's Underworld Elite Plus
    • Increased health and defense for Bosses
    • Hatred will delay a bit after his charge before attacking again
    • Hatred will only target players with Raging Backhand (blink attack)
    • Neron will attempt to use Hellfire Curse more often
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 3
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I did post in the dev discussion threads, so not sure which one is the main feedback for e+.

However:

All bosses could do with a general buff for health and damage dealt, especially weapon attacks and any counterable/interruptible mechanics. Neron in NUE+ especially as it doesn't feel much different from regular elite.

Regarding the Neron fight in NUE+:

Is Hellfire Curse working as intended? It happens so infrequently that I'm wondering if it's bugged or not working as intended.

Neron's Fireball when it explodes should KO any nearby player in range who isn't blocking. Also Underworld Admonishment (the stomp you do in form) should KO any players in range who aren't blocking, similar to Proma's Eternal Anguish in SWE+.

Other suggestions/improvements:

Black Alice in ROEE+:

Have more players get the Fateful Contempt trailing AOE mechanic than just one person after Black Alice gets both Shazam and Doctor Fate's powers. (1-4 players)

More purple pools throughout the map.
  12. Quixotic Developer

Bosses will have more health after next update. Their dps is already much, much higher in Elite Plus than in Elite.
    Neron should also use Hellfire Curse more often and Black Alice should use Fateful Contempt more often.

I'll look into some of the other things.
    - Quixotic
  13. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Could it be something like empowered channeling giving some sort of resistance that is preventing the sleep animation but it's still counting as the player being put to sleep and not breaking out. That was one theory we were throwing around.

I guess a good question would be when does the timer start? When we see the sleep, when Faust decides to cast it, or some other time entirely?
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Will this not cause a massive overlap in mechanics during the globe phases and create an almost RNG effect? I'm all for more health on bosses but please be careful about making it a coin flip to get the right mechs happening at the right time.
  15. not serious Well-Known Player

you just prefer to add health to the boss, instead of correcting the great things.
    by doing this you will never really produce the expected difficulty of the players
  16. zNot Loyal Player

The Tanking difficutly is lacking alot in rooe+ difficulty is adjusted to 1 tank it feels like make the adds atleast harder to deal with thanks,havent tried nue + yet
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

In the GPe+ Alert it appears that only 2 out of 3 monstrosities will be summoned by isis. Had this in 2/6 runs.
  18. BMyst Active Player

Had the same issue last night... I do feel the alert has become so much longer now with the increased health pools. I don't remember so many mechanics overlapping before the update. Maybe this was intentional or due to health and defense buffs. For a 4 man alert does seem drawn out now.
  19. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I can confirm, we had this while trying the feat to kill the monstrosities in reverse order, so we had to wipe.
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Also when trying to keep the monstrosities with another tank with a single pull, they seem to drop aggro much faster than normal. I don't remember if it's like 8 or 12 seconds but they would leave the 2nd tank after 3-4 seconds after him pulling them. Definitely something to look into. We lost alot of teammates from this issue. It's highly frustrating when trying to do the reverse kill feat. It seems maybe going into their mechanics breaks the aggro instead of bringing them back the the super taunt tank.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.