Test Discussion Episode 43: Artifact M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

It needs to be fully locked during combat to tac swap. People already abuse it like crazy
    • Like x 2
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

Is it possible to make M.R.F work with turrets, they're trinket pets after all?
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The cd of this artifact is 6secs. It also takes up a spot on your tray. So for it to be useful to swap, you’d have to hit map, hit a channel, swap an arti, hit whatever you need to hit to make that swap useful, go back into inventory, put mercy back in, and activate it instantly. Basically, this isn’t the arti you’d be pulling in and out. If you’re doing it with mercy and source, you’d have 2 tray spots taken up by artifacts plus the obvious 1 for running rsk. So you’d put quislet as your 3rd which would probably be a loss to swap out for EoG since you’d want the buffed from source quislet supercharge attack. You could still tac swap dsk and philosophers fine and gain a bit of dps while losing some from quislet going away and having to be resummoned by using 2 attacks. Basically, if tac swapping is your thing then you’ll be wanting to stick with what’s already out there.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I think this is what are talking about,
    this is a melee attack, before activating the trinket pet, equip MAM, get this attack equip the old artifact...

M.E.R.C.Y. Reactive Field
    • Summoning a Trinket Pet damages all nearby enemies. M.E.R.C.Y. Reactive Field damage increased by (0/25/50/100)%.
    • Like x 2
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Has anyone tested it with Brick? I wonder how effective it is for brick tanking
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The ability Rejchadar mentioned can hit up to 300k crit.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ah yeah, keep forgetting about that extra. Mostly because melee. So it’s tac swapable. Not sure it’s worth leveling up just for that. 45sec (?) cd if not using any other cd reduction for trinkets. Idk, seems like an awful lot of leveling and work for a 300k hit chance. Basically, I’d say there’s far better swap options. But hey, someone wants to be that spendy/ thirsty then let them have a mil extra damage at the end of a boss fight.
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

well, sometimes 400k happens ... it's about 4XP for each 1 of damage ... rofl ... how much is it in dollars? for every 2k additional damage 1 dollar ?
    very dubious investment...by the way...bet you still haven't bought "Gotham City Emergeny Signal"...with a shard there for an additional 500k damage...per battle..but only 10 dollars...lol ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol you assume right my friend. I’m too lazy for all that. This one as a tac swap, nah all set. Even at 400k, that’s a lot of effort and probably means I lose damage since I ain’t god level swapper. Maybe if it was a mil hit but then I still wouldn’t risk it to get close enough to damage anything with it. I’m grey range most of the time lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I hope it's not left like that...

Fury doesn't have to do 5k more AoE damage like Crystal, but it should be MORE than it does without it.
  11. NeoSelkie Active Player

Tested this day one, was kind of wondering if it would go to live before anyone else thought to test / post about it.

It definitely helps with brick tanking, but is limited since brick can only be healed by mercy if you actually receive healing.
    Reading the description you would think that the attack protocol fully replaces fortify golem and would therefore not shield or restore power/health to brick, but it in fact still does.
    Its actually pretty neat with AOE heals since they heal you, brick, then brick again for 50% of your heal per tick.
    The downside is that this artifact does not give resto/dom buffs/stats so you lose out on shield strength.

Haven't been earth on live server for a while, this would actually make me consider going earth to try it out again for a bit so long as the audio spam bug was ninja fixed since last time. That bug prevented me from ever wanting to use brick.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...brick-pet-earthen-bond-audio-que-spam.316292/

@Ranmaru
    I know buffing earth brick tanking isn't really a part of the goals for this artifact, but its definitely a neat artifact for it.
    I would definitely advocate for letting it continue to work with Brick, and possibly for it to have resto/dom buff/stats to further solidify it as an option for brick tanking.
    Could even have defensive module provide a greater shield when in tank role.
    • Like x 2
  12. Servant of god New Player

If thats the case, then sorcery's guardian also affected am i right?
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

Supressor Turret will get included?
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The art does not impact suppressor turret, swam, ice devil, Mass Hysteria, Guardian, Watcher, Brick damage wise only the healing and shield aspect.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 4
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Thanks!
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The “A” symbol/ clarion looking thing above the pets heads were from your Aquaman ally passive. Other issue, you were on the old sparring targets. They power pets up vs the user powering them up so if you also power them up, they hit full power twice. That’s why the devs added the ones against the windows. Think you used the old ones for sorcery st and earth AoE portions. It’s a pain. But they’ll def show way higher numbers on the old targets. Plus I don’t think any of us realized how much power we use till we don’t get any back. I was running dry and I never go below 80% in real content.
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Late edit. Ok, 1st I was watching it in the shower cuz OC is a great way to start the day haha. Had to dry off and missed my edit window. So yeah, the new targets up against the window won’t give pets power back. The old ones will so they’ll end up hitting bigger attacks more often than they should. Matters more with rsk cuz he doesn’t use his full power bar so getting just a bit back still triggers the bigger attack. On the old targets tho, they fill fury’s bar completely so the timing can be way off. Plus they power the pets and not the toon when I’ve used sorcery on them.

New targets along the window work well but then we really see how much power we use. Could only get 3 to 4 rotations with sorc without grim and maybe 6-7 with grim equipped. It’s gonna make your pet testing video tiresome but I’ve got faith in ya. May want to bring a troll tho haha. Everything else looked legit and well done as always. Honestly, not a huge deal just that the damage numbers will show higher than they really are on some parsers. Some will show correctly since the proper timing is bound to happen with enough rotations on the old dummies. I used to do about 15mins of parsers and get maybe a handful of “honest” results once I caught the right groove. Then they’d power fury back and poof, start over again.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

very with all the extra pet heals and shields this will greatly enhance brick tanking
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Have we gotten any confirmation on if pi being applied is intended? Haven’t seen a response and don’t see a mention of it in the description
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.