Dev Discussion Episode 41: Early End Game

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Olympus Raid. Blew thru this in like 11 minutes. There wasn’t much danger of not doing mechanics as being a healer my services weren’t needed all that much. For last boss, he burned like hot butter and that electric thing was easily healable.

Can that pool-pole mechanic do more damage so players have to do it or they die? That should at least help slow the burn otherwise the healer will get overwhelmed and then dps will die off. And speaking of the electric thing, can that visual be more apparent, it is hard to tell who has it when it only has a visual zap every couple seconds. (Beside their health bar taking hits).

Not asking to buff the raid, just make the mechanics more influential.
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I strongly believe that the EEG buff should be in elites as well. Elite is supposed to be harder, but the rally limit and extra mechanics differentiate it from normal just fine when the content is the latest release, so why effectively tighten the clamp on top of that?
    • Like x 2
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

So Tempus Fuginaut doesn’t have any CR requirements attached to gear, is this intended? I was able to purchase the Psycho Jester (item level 265) while I was only ~CR 210. [Basically skipped from RWC to Patchwork in 10 minutes]
    Sidebar: I wasn’t able to purchase the gear from the Daily Planet Intern in BoP Metropolis because of the CR requirement.

The gear sets aren’t auto hiding or displaying based on CR, like the mechanical vendor used to in the Hall of Doom.
    • Like x 1
  4. kushjuice New Player

Why cant we carry our current cr To older episodes prior to the past 3? Ive spent a lot of money the past year since i started my membership And now cant even beat old elite episodes because i have only a 200sp. Wth?
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Adequate SP has generally been considered to need to minimally be the same as your CR. To do well, you want to have your SP be at least double your CR.

So, yeah, your SP completely sucks if you're anywhere near end-game. This is why you needed to be focusing on Feats and SP a couple of years or so ago.

Now it's late for you, but easier than ever to do. No time like the present to get started. The way to avoid this was to have not ignored feats and SP for years.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m sure the repeated passive aggressive digs will totally make him feel less frustrated. :p
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There's nothing passive about "So, yeah, your SP completely sucks if you're anywhere near end-game" or anything else I wrote in that comment.

Do you have better advice for the poster than "No time like the present to get started"?
    • Like x 1
  8. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

As the pre lvl 30 alerts are removed, some feats under the "alert" category still requires player to do these alerts to complete.
    • Like x 1
  9. Texas Swindler New Player

Well that's easy to say. Have you ran with a lot of the players on the game. They have no idea what to do, what arts to use, or even how to run mechanics. Before people like me could drag those who refuse to learn the game. Now maxed cr and no real end game content left. This is why I went premium. Heck all the fate tokens I don't even need it for anything. Your helping the free to play players who are not even going to keep playing the game because of what... let's go back to the first comments I made. They don't know what they are doing and not getting through content there for they will quit over time leaving this game dead. Just some food for thought.
  10. Destinywlf Active Player

the Toyman missions, and the wanted bounties from the safehouses still reward alternate reward boxes, not source marks at high CR.
  11. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Don't know if this counts as early end game because is sub level 30 but there is a mission for the magic mentored, where it takes you to the watchtower with dr fate, idk if it's intended.
  12. Memento Mori New Player

Could we maybe get the older feats auto added to player accounts? Myself and many others find it nearly impossible to get groups together to run older content for the feats, (or have the older feats added to player characters ONLY if you are at/above the CR requirement to run the content for said feat
  13. Dior_XT Level 30

ok so MAJOR problem i faced right now. i wouldnt say this game is dead in no way but older content is just not played like in other mmos. now since i cant slay the big raven in gotham wastelands alone there is no way for me to do this feat since nobody is there to help. but even if you have a league, most players already have those feats or there are not enough willing to do them. it is litteraly unplayable at this state
  14. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Why would we need to be clamped more? We were already having our CR brought down substantially (which I never liked to begin with) and now you guys are going all in?

Look...I didn't put in the time, money, and effort to make my character a badass just to have my legs cut off anytime I join older content. Getting stronger and making an old boss your (you know what) is half of the fun.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.