Dev Discussion Episode 41: Early End Game

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yaiba Committed Player

It's working as intended, they don't want people to oneshot enemies so there is a soft/hard cap on how much stats you can gain from those sources. :D
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But they said those sources wouldn’t be clamped. So was that a straight up lie?
    • Like x 1
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

They didn't say that, in the patch note, it stated that those stats have "proportional return".
    • Like x 1
  4. RTX Well-Known Player

I predicted that already before it gone live (testing feedback early end game). Seems like people wanted it to be like that, atleast they cant deny it now.
  5. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

TBH stat clamp as a whole was a bad idea there had to be another way to encourage teamwork like maybe a prompt right before you walk in to a lower level mission Would you like to Join an instance for Whatever mission if the player says yes instantly queue them in with a team that needs the DPS If no then let them continue the solo walk in
  6. L T Devoted Player

Not sure where to report this... but legion daily missions aren't dropping end-game legion rewards. They're dropping junk max 280CR rewards instead.

Flashpoint rewards seem correct. Haven't checked wonderverse daily/weekly boxes.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

all lower content seems to be dropping 280 boxes now not sure if it's a bug or on purpose
  8. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

Anymore on the prestige issue/problem or clarification...?

It's a little shady running raids and getting 1 prestige.... considering a league proficiency is 25,000.... that's a lot of raids in omnibus where it's a randomly chosen instance. Alerts, duos and solos are the same at low level.
  9. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I have to agree, there is definitely something wonky going on with loot tables. Especially the folks saying styles are coming from odd content. Almost everything gives me retribution and son of manta as purples, nothing else. I see a lot of engineer and apokaliptan general (?) in blues.

Content-wise, I definitely feel like not all content is tuned the same. We'll go in one alert and trash mobs are a cakewalk and the next they're tedious. I think that was Saving Justice (cakewalk), Injustice System normal (tedious). Then there are things like the Injustice System final boss that has healthgates that force mechanics. On the flipside, you go into Nexus of Reality and you can still burn before an inevitability shield phase. That's not a premade, that was with a group that didn't even know the two bots before the final boss had to go down at the same time. So much for teaching the player base about potential mechanics so they can recognize things for later. Continue to pew pew with reckless abandon.

I feel like this makes the jump to elite on instances that have it even worse. I know this will get flack, but in multi-tiered instances (event/normal/elite), normal instances are too lenient. You can burn Grodd in the normal FP raid before ever hitting a teleporter phase. Definitely teaches folks about how to mitigate things in elite, eh? There are no stepping stones for players here. You can ignore it or completely bypass it in normal - even clamped - and then it's an absolute brick wall to progression in elite. For groups that have been together for years, they'll overcome that. For newer players, how are they supposed to learn?

We started out ecstatic for this update. Determining mechanics actually playing out, old content being fun again, potential satisfaction out of finding someone who wants to learn and helping them. We still love the theory of it, but the current state of it is lackluster. A slower dps faceroll with a painful UI system.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dark Mugetsu Level 30

BIG MISTAKE! This needs to be reversed to the old system of replay badges to reset older content IMMEDIATELY!

We have over 40+ DLC's now to play and farm for marks and loot! PLENTY to do during each daily/weekly reset interval!

I have played the update in less than a week and am already seeing the repercussions of this!

We have so much amazing old content in this game that has long been forgotten and had cool and interesting mechanics to keep the gameplay interesting with the variety! I was hoping that by allowing stats to be clamped and all old content to be farmable again that we would see a form of revitalization of the older content again.

But instead because there are no more Loot locks in old content, all the old content is STILL ABANDONED as EVERYONE sticks to farming FOS3!!!!

This undoes ALL attempts to make old content viable and have players play them again!

Bring back the loot locks in old content! Again,there is PLENTY of content to do still to farm out without the need of using resets and would make players farm out ALL the old open worlds/ missions and not focus on what is the fastest mission to re run for marks!
    • Like x 1
  11. RTX Well-Known Player

I tought the same at first and i still do, i mean i´ve meantioned all that in testing phase. Now i´m seeing it as what it is, it makes the game finally to a "free2play" title, where everyone can get everything without having to pay anything. It might now gets some good ratings on game review websites, which on the other hand means...new players. If those websites update for this old game. It has pros and cons, let´s be honest...harder content which you cant farm within 5mins would be fun, but making 20 Million cash due to farming 1hour is also fun.

Whatever something will change to, it will always fit for some people. At the end we all have our toughts and opinions on how we would do it, but we´re not in that position.

Try to see the pros in changes, there is alot in life which will change and not always to the best for you or others.
  12. Designated Well-Known Player

Also only getting 5 nth metal caches as legendary, the 50% bonus does not work with nth metal detectors?
    • Like x 1
  13. SilkyPawz Bunny

No it does not with with the detectors I run detectors on my toon an I haven't seen an increase, have you?
  14. an81angel Well-Known Player

I'm so irritated. I have not been able to complete more than one instance all day. Party always wipes, people leave constantly. I'm so sick of no being able to get anything done. I'm also sick of joining something in progress and missing out on loot from earlier parts. I'm having to constantly re-run content if I want full loot, which means I'm fighting more battles and getting less loot for staying in an instance that I've already partially completed. I feel like I'm being punished for playing. I honestly am not having any fun right now. It's just constant struggle and no rewards. Fighting bosses that never get beaten from all the wipes and players leaving or disbanding. having to start over only to wipe again. I'm fighting but not winning. How are you supposed to get things done, to up your CR if you cant even complete a dungeon.
    • Like x 1
  15. RTX Well-Known Player

That not everyone knows how to play from the beginning is clear, it also been like that when the game been released. The question is why do you go with people which dont know the game in the expectation of completing content? Why dont you Q with league members or players who know what to do? Why dont you run duos or solos instead? There are ways to avoid that, no one forces you to play with newcomers, i mean what do you expect...everyone beeing best running every instance without a problem with a random beginner group?

Its good that people wipe, otherwise you will see them in the content you need at endgame level, wiping.
  16. an81angel Well-Known Player

None of my league members are currently online. The omnibus weekly rewards are for raids/alerts/solo/duo meaning I cant only solo content to get my loot -- can't avoid that as you think I should. >.> Same for the Save the Universe content. I've been with this game since beta --- I have no problem running content with new players that don't understand mechanics. I have no problem explaining mechanics. What I have a problem with is players LEAVING mid dungeon EVERY SINGLE TIME I QUE. I have never seen players leave an instance every single time. The game shouldn't be this out of sync that players just leave. Just yesterday I ran a dungeon where the players walked out of the instance but didn't leave the party so I couldn't find new players. It's been like this all week.
  17. hhussk01 New Player

Wasn't part of the objective of this new update to increase our ability to find groups? Wasn't that the point of all this in the first place?
    • Like x 1
  18. RTX Well-Known Player

I understand what you mean, dont get me wrong, but the only problem which causing people to leave seem to be due to them beeing a different generation, life itself became easier, people can cry about anything.10 years ago there been different people playing, which mostly been the ones which also grow up outside the house, learning that you cant always cry if something is slightly harder. In my opinion its still better to have it harder as to easy to finish.

Well there is a difference between business moves and what actually will happen or be done. I mean, look at movie trailers...they´re meant to teaser you with the best scenes, while sometimes the rest of it is ****. Thing is, this will all keep on going...different opinions will face each other, having nothing changed at the end.
    • Like x 1
  19. hhussk01 New Player

Before this update, I rarely came to the threads. Been playing DCUO since, oh...2011 maybe.

When I read about stat-clamping and what they were about to do, I was thinking this may be a big deal. And as I always do, I tried to figure out what the developers' goals are.

Feels like it's about bringing new players in. DCUO has all these Updates and we've played through them. But if they could get a bunch of fresh players, the entire content would keep them entertained for years.

So, loyalists vs. newcomers. I'm sure DCUO wants both. But maybe, they think newcomers will bring in more money. Maybe the loyalists are tapped out on spending.

(I'm more interested in all your opinions, though.)
    • Like x 1
  20. Designated Well-Known Player

I thk it might be a bug, since i saw mepps saying nth metal detectors would benefit from the 50% bonus, maybe It would be after we open It, but it Also is not the case.
    Either way
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.