Test Discussion Episode 37: LexCorp Tower (Solo)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

This will be resolved in the next PCTest update - coming soon™ along with a lot of other changes.
    • Skipping Cutscenes functionality
    • Feats
    • Superman is much faster at opening doors
    • Lobo more health in Event Mode
    • etc.
    -Millbarge
    • Like x 4
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

Solo is perfect now with the cutscene skips and superman being more responsive in the beginning
  3. AV Loyal Player

Fantastic job on these changes. This is now the best solo in the game. Flow is perfect, fast, fun, & farmable. Really appreciate that you not only removed the cutscenes but did it w/o resorting to the "moments later" blackscreen; the way you did it keeps the pace moving quickly and makes speeding through it feel really enjoyable despite the low mob count.

I only have a few minor critiques now, all related to the "Busy Work" feat (which I love the idea of):
    1. (Super minor point) Could you add an exclamation point to the end of the respawn advisory so it reads, "HIVE has returned to halls of LexCorp Tower!" just to add a lil more gravitas?
    2. The respawns come pretty slow. Gave me lowkey flashbacks to the Titans "Exterminator" feat in MACHe with the pacing and was kinda a drag and literally busy work to do. Faster spawns, or better yet spawning 3x the number of enemies in the first "wave" would make this a lot cooler.
    3. Would be nice if the respawn notice occurred each time they respawned. Also, after the first wave, they were only respawning in first half of the level, which didn't seem intended since the first wave had them respawning everywhere.
    4. Prolly hard to do at this stage but an additional line from Oracle at the very end to the effect of "Uh oh... looks like HIVE doesn't know when to quit. They're swarming the tower..." + the level music changing to combat music until you leave could help break up the monotony and add some context.
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

On rare occasion, Superman goes stuck on the very first door as he happens flying too high. Of course you can go back and make him move and he will follow then but a general note to superman that he shouldnt try flying too high at the start may help him ^^
    • Like x 2
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

H.I.V.E Master and Steve, sometimes the visual location of the laser does not correspond to the real one, and sometimes you can get laser damage .. 2 seconds after defeating H.I.V.E. Master or Steve (it seems that the laser starts to act earlier than you can notice it visually).

hmmm ... and such a request, can we get a mini Lobo bike as a combat pet ;) ?
  6. Kestral Committed Player

Didn't see anyone else mention it but the first limb of lex's that I found had no que or interaction with it. The second that I found said I had found 3 of 4 with some pretty visuals after interacting? and then I think I completed it after finding a third one...

I hate testing with such low skill points because there's no way for me to accurately match my live stats to see how it will really play. However I died 6 times to lobo this is not normal for me when testing. That lovely bike of his seems to do nothing but oneshots when I was wearing all the previous DLC's gold gear and had my normal artifacts maxed out. It doesn't help that the health barrel does not respawn when the match resets.
  7. Millbarge Developer

if you chose to Skip Cutscenes:
    1. Is automatically updated - a short Superman Cutscenes usually updates this
    2. Lois/Jimmy update this for you - there is normally a Cutscene here
    3. The fancy one you found
    4. The final one you have to find so the doors open to confront Lobo
    I fixed an issue that made it possible for you to use the Skip Cutscene feature without completing the instance the normal way the first time. This should help with the confusion.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  8. Millbarge Developer

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...rver-hotfix-april-8-2020.308359/#post-4312121

BOP: LexCorp Tower
    • Players are no longer able to Skip Cutscenes if they have not completed the instance before.
    • HIVE/ARGUS now return to LexCorp Tower with a little more gravitas.
    • HIVE/ARGUS will now appear in more places after Lobo is defeated.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.