Test Discussion Episode 33: Silent School (Alert)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    On the Barnuculous fight, what killed ChlorineStrip?

I didn't see a skull warning on anything. Did the player just happen to be standing in between the tank and the monster's regular ranged attack? If so, those ranged attacks hit really hard.

I have to say that it is really easy to avoid the roll attack if you spend the entire fight flying at ceiling level.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Whenever a player warps from room to room, I always see the warp effect happen twice:

Is that intended?
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is the Crown of Thorns Golem supposed to show a skull right before he switches back to his invulnerable state?

When the state transition happens, he shows skull and doesn't seem to do anything. Was the skull related to something else?
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What attack was I hit with in this video?

I was wondering why I was moving so slowly. That debuff visual is impossible to see against the Water Healer's AoE.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Prior to activating the Dead King's Sword, I setup Holographic Decoy. One of the properties of Decoy is that it will transfer ~25% of incoming damage to the pet away from the player. Why did I receive full damage from the sword activation?
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Just some quick comments on the current status of the alert:

Rotating Hazard Room
    The timer helps with the rotation. The main issue at the moment is that it is hard to tell which shark head is going to be the inactive one first. Does the puzzle always start with the same inactive shark head?

Every group I've been in the last couple of weeks hasn't cared too much about the rotating hazard. Mostly it has just been an annoyance. A healer can very easily keep a group alive in this room. The damage only becomes an issue if you are in a 4 dps group or the healer is lagging/afk.

Crown of Thorns Golem
    The boss definitely used the Timber attack more tonight. The Timber feat is pretty easy to get though as long as you have a kiting tank. It always seemed like the Golem was going to use Timber on the tank.

Faceless One Fight
    We tried doing this fight without using any of the Artifacts in a 1 tank/2 dps/1 healer setup. I thought we might have had a chance until the Skull of Triton kicked in. That mind-control mechanic really killed any damage output momentum the team had. Trying to deal with the mind control mechanic allows the Faceless One to heal back up, especially if your best dps is the one being mind controlled. We gave up on the feat attempt after the boss healed back to full on Skull of Triton. Still, the feat seems like it might be doable in a 3 dps/1 controller group.

It was good to see that the Defense buff bug was fixed for clearing the Artifacts.

Having a Water healer in this fight makes it very difficult to see some of the mechanics. I almost missed seeing one of the curses (the one with the large blue water effect) being placed on me because I was standing inside healer's AoE. There was also the video from a few posts ago where another debuff was placed on me with a visual effect. The healing field obscured the debuff visual effect.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for the feedback.

1) I have no idea. They would need to tell me what killed them in the combat log. I've increased the grounding effect if you get hit by the projectiles but that's about all I can do unless I ground the entire room so he can hit you with his roll attack.

2) I've removed the extra FX.

3) I've removed the Skull.

4) The Dead King's Curse cooties hit you. The spreading of it to you that is. Color can't change now until a hotfix but I've added the Skull FX that is over the head of the primary carrier of the cooties and that will spread to the secondary targets. So anyone with a Skull FX will be moving slowly.

5) The damage is not meant to be split off, shielded, etc. Intended.

6) The Shark head that has no hazard spawns randomly and it goes clockwise. It's intended to be random. That reminds me, I had intended event and normal damage ranges for the hazards. What's there now will be Event. I've increased it for Normal.

7) Timber is random target within his cone. Not most hate. However, it's likely his cone is facing the most hated person so the result is the similar.

8) A controller significantly diminishes the heal and defense boosts he gets from the artifacts. Possibly too much. Would be interesting to see results.

9) The Faceless One has a new power added to the fray. It'll add some more spacial awareness needed from players. Should be up tomorrow.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Is there anything to suggest how the team should initially position itself in the Normal version? As is, you step into the room, wait for the matinee scene to finish, and you're not quite sure where to stand initially.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.