Test Discussion Episode 31: 'Central City Deluge' Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes, probably can and will knock it down to the next aggro radius range. The exception will be when intelligent starro will notice you messing with their stuff (hatcheries, citizens, etc) and they may detect you and charge but that has been reduced in range from last year.

• Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I placed many, many markers but only a fraction are up at any given time. It's a knob we can adjust that way, along with the respawn rate. I'll likely increase the number that can be up and then see how it plays out in an actual live environment after that. It's easy to adjust in a hotfix if needed if that's not enough.

• Like x 1
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not sure where you left off but how it works is that part 1 gets you through to the CCPD completion. After you exit the CCPD, the first place you enter (can be anywhere) will give you a Comm with part 2. Stemming the Tide part 2 should be in your journal somewhere in the proper level range, if you missed it. The next currentstage is to do a duo OR alert and then the old raid. Then you talk to Mera in person who then points you to the temple.

4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Issues with audios in the briefings are known and being addressed by the writing and sound guys.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

re: bounties not spawning the same as last year. Nothing has been touched since last year for the spawn rates/patterns and they were behaving fine earlier internally. There should be one of each up in their three known spots - a couple may have moved a bit due to new quest hubs, however. Will investigate early next week and sort it out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

re: Giant Starro - he hasn't been touched since last year but stats changed since then so I think that's causing the imbalance. Will talk to the system people next week to adjust Starro accordingly. Question - besides being way to easy to take down, did his attacks seem too easy as well?
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

As others indicated, intended.

8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not even as obscure as that, I believe there’s even a daily solo where you stop them guzzling electricity from generators.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Also to note, her missions aren't replayble like the other quest givers in the zone. Her mission is a one time story mission with 2 parts as I described above. When this is done, the replayable aspect comes from the Event mode version and the Normal mode version (harder and with feats) being accessible in the Event and 1 Player On Duty menu that you queue up for. You must complete the story mission for this to start showing up for your daily replays of that content.

10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think that's fair, intelligent Starro are intelligent after all lol
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

ahhh okay cool I will check that out later I didn't look for anything like that so THAT would explain why Mera won't talk to me

OH WAIT................... Is that the thing where it advises me to run either the alert or the duo? I did see that but all anyone wants to run is the new raid. LOL I will look for anyone to do the duo with later when i am back on line
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes, it is that. This is a merging of a pointer mission and a story mission so we're pointing you to do old content/story and it ends right before the final raid. For now, at least. I understand having to do the old raid may be a sticking point so I'll go over it again with the powers that be but for now, you'll have to do either the Duo or Alert and the old Raid.

13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmmm sort of hard to tell. Like I said I did one with about 7 heroes and 1 villain (estimated) and Starro was gone in way under a minute. I took almost zero damage at all hard to say how many attacks he even got off. Now I did see a guy go down pretty fast on one I observed (while checking the time between spawns). that was one of those there are 3 of us here let's kill it! groups and even with one guy out cold they still managed to defeat Starro. If stat changes are the issue though its entirely possible everyone has better defense stats as well ?
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Cool .. I can just get on the test chat and ask for some help. Shouldn't be an issue. hey when this goes live everyone will be doing everything for more crowns so i see no reason to change the set up. MAKE THEM DO THAT OLD STUFF lol
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'll keep looking Its been a year but last year I was running 7 alts a day through all that stuff so i have a PRETTY good idea where the bounties spawn. I started to branch out when I couldn't find ANY. Heck if i do a google search it would not surprise me if some one doesn't have a map showing where they all spawn. Like I said i did see 1 guy looking for help with Kid flash so obviously at least he must be showing up occasionally. Just seems strange since most of the time everyone seems huddled around the Giant Starro doing it over and over for the feat. I get over where the trickster spawns and i am totally alone. :(

I'll keep you posted if I find any later
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The giant Starro is barely doing any damage. People are currently using him to farm large amounts of marks and gear.

I'm seeing the same behavior. I'm lucky if I see one bounty up at a time. Usually there are no bounties active.
    • Like x 2
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

i can't find any of the ICONICS... are they on new locations or not in the game yet?
    edit: nevermind, i have seen that this has been reported allready, i just didn't read.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zeddicious New Player

Please talk to the powers that be. Please. I recently stopped playing a different DBG title that felt it necessary to funnel players through really old content for the sake of "nostalgia" or story line. I mean, it was a *lot* of old content - hours upon hours of content that didn't have current loot tables / etc... it wasn't enjoyable.

Rather than point to old content, would creating compelling new content that coincides with the old story seem more....logical? Otherwise, to me, it simply feels like I'm being corralled through old content under the guise of story just to increase the amount of time required to move forward.
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

As I promised Charon i spent a good bit of time on test tonight and along with a BUNCH of other players a good bit of it attacking Starro every 5 minutes as he appeared.... Ummmmm /whistles while staring at the ceiling... I MAY have gotten a small amount of gear from it ... Along with the feat for defeating the big guy 26 times. Damage is way down.. some may be from the increased stats you mentioned before but I never saw ONE player defeated and aside from a few times where we were down to 3 or 4 players NEVER took longer than a minute to bring the Big guy to his knees. heck with a team of 7 or 8 I even saw a number of them where the Starro controlled heroes never got time to emerge and try to help him against us. Now the majority of us out there right now have a CR of at least Cr 224 with armor at CR 195 or higher and good mods from the vendor in the watch tower/ OR hall of doom .. heck I checked my stats and they are "supposedly" clamped? The ONLY stat I had that was raised was my precision .. All the other stats were perfectly fine for the content with no (in green) added stats to anything else. Might be a little different when a level 10 with next to no SP and every single stat is buffed just to get inside tries to attack him .. but technically that guys totals should still match mine right? Like I said Johnny Q is more of a challenge on Earth 3. May want to consider tinkering with him a bit before he gets an inferiority complex. :eek:
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay new topic to discuss... As I metioned in my last post i MAY have done a few Giant Starro missions tonight and I noticed this..
    [IMG]

Is this working as intended or a glitch? I opened a number of reward boxes and while some were okay and all the available gear to select from was CR 197 or CR 198 or CR 201 i also had a couple of boxes with stuff like this (see above). I even opened two that had PURPLE gear that when you clicked on it it was CR 190.... Now I can get CR 192 GREEN gear doing the daily mission that Cyborg hands out on Earth 3... and let's face it not all of our players are that observant. They SEE purple and they will squeal with delight and click without reading a thing. Now imagine their surprise ans then anger when they discover they passed on a couple green pieces of gear to take that purple one and its 4-5 CR lower than what they are already wearing?

If its a glitch OKAY so you habe some thing else to fix. If its intended.. may want to reconsider before you have a ton of threads screaming about how the reward box just gave them gear that was worse than they had on.

I brought it up in chat on line and no one else that was READING anything on chat had the same issue So I am thinking a glitch? Sorry if the picture is real big i wanted to be sure it was large enough for you to read the text
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.