Test Discussion Episode 31: 'Central City Deluge' Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Did not expect to be back here so fast.. First thing i tested today was the solo challenge and had the same problem battling Ocean Master I reported before... this time twice. I attacked him and he went behind his shield. I plugged one Moon pool and then took out the lone reinforcement. I had Ocean Master's health down to around 60% or so and then everything just stopped. He didn't head back to the center of the room. He just stopped and I could no longer target him. Stayed that way for about 6 minutes and then reset and I had to start all over again.

Second time I got two pools closed and the exact same thing occurred again. We all just sort of stand around staring at each other. Mera and Orm are frozen in one spot but I am free to roam around the chamber. Oh added note while I can move and even fire off attack (not that they hit anything) My health bar never recovered. I was at about 75 or 80% and you would think with nothing trying to damage me for almost 7 minutes it would recover to 100%.. Stayed at 75% until the reset so even that function was frozen and not working.

Third time was the charm and I managed to seal all 4 pools and kick Orm's butt. No clue WHY it is doing that..... Now like I said on the first attempt I did already have his health at almost 50%.. Could it be I was doing too much damage too fast?

Oh almost forgot to add this .. With those resets.. total time to complete the mission was 33:24. Yes I AM that patient :D
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL yeah years ago I did that solo and it took forever.. best way to deal with that is on a team so 4, 5 . or even 8 of you are taking them out. Of course these days since I got it done several times that old fashioned way I just use replays and buy the feats. Heck I created a new alt a while back and was in there .. At least years ago those things would drop all sorts of stuff like armor and even furniture for your lair. NOW? I took out 100 and beside some in game cash i got nothing.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for the info. A fix for this won't be in with the next test server update but hopefully later this week.

4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Speaking of Central City, I remember the day auras were added into Promethium Lockboxes. Me and my league had just logged in and rushed to Central City to get started on the new content. And we were all talking about the auras and how we were so ready to get our hands on one. Next thing I know, I got the first lockbox, and included in that lockbox, was my favorite color aura. My league was so jealous lol. Oh what good times.

Also, as I was typing this, i realized I was in the test discussion thread, so I will no longer go off topic. I just didnt wanna erase what I had already typed.

Apologies ahead of time lol
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh hey Charon just checking NOT complaining LOL I've done the solo challenge a couple times now after I grabbed the daily outdoor missions... All the mobs I defeat count toward the 329 mission and twice now I had an outdoor mission involving the spore hatcheries... The three you click in the CCPD counted both times toward completing that outdoor mission too.

Like I said NOT a complaint.. it helps get through content faster but is that intentional or did I just tick off a bunch of people by reporting it?

I like it and see no reason for any change I was just curious :D
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so now that the server is back on line a quick report...

Iconic bounties: Happy to report I was able to locate and defeat all 4 of them in about 15 minutes. heck I defeated Kid Flash in one spawn point and less than a minute later he'd respawned in the one on top of the Museum. Nice job Charon I'd say that one is fixed. I can check back occasionally to make sure but as fast as i found them tonight.. I's say all four were out and available for defeat.

Giant Starro: OUCH! lol I can with no hesitation confirm that no one is going to solo this guy anymore. His damage seems to be much much better I grabbed the mission while he was already out and never even looked to see if anyone else was battling him.. Remember how before a 3 man team could defeat HIM in a minute ? Well now he had me on one knee in about 15 seconds LOL his TAG has switched from Red to Green and I think its safe to say... he's worth the 8 crowns he hands out IF you manage to defeat him. I will check back but ONLY when 6-7 other players are around LOL

So far that is all I have checked since getting back .
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i just did the "raidio starfish" weekly, then i was like
    "ewwww... did they just reproduced while fighting?"
    sooo, that's were the little starfish come from? LOL
    • Like x 2
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wish they would stop doing this, or well, maybe not DURING the episode, but afterwards tone them down (Starro, AoJ bounties, Earth 3 bounties). It's frustrating not to get marks for these bounties once the episode is out of relevancy since no one runs them anymore. During the episode it's fun though, and it's good they're challenging to give lots of players the chance to get in on the action.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

One last quickie before I head to bed..

Well I 'd definitely say the Bounties are working well.. Found all 4 out and available at once a bit ago. oh and i think Kid Flash has a crush on my ALT.. after my last report he grabbed me and yanked me into battling him twice . I was hunting Starro spores and that little dud just grabbed me and made me beat him up.

Kind of hard to give a better assessment on Giant Starro now that they can't solo him no one is going near him.. LOL Before they were farming him for armor drops. I'll try to get on a TEAM tomorrow to assess his overall damage but I'd say just from that one run in.. You'd want 5, 6 or more to attack him now and be a REALLY good idea to have a healer along.

Oh yeah the Starro spores... very good amount out and about Heck i am even finding clusters of 2 to 3 grouped in one spot. I really have not even been trying with those real hard and i now have two feats done and am at 85 or 100 toward the third.

On the NPC attacking the base where we get our missions: Working just like you said Charon. I was no able to target them at all and I purposely stood right in front of one and used an AoE attack to try and get it to attack me.. ignored me completely. I'm sure when it goes live there will still be a few wanting to know WHY can't we defeat the ones around the base? But now you shouldn't have them crying because they defeated one and got no credit for it. They ARE just part of the show. :)

Okay off to bed.. Tomorrow I think I'll spend some time on the solo challenge and see if I can get through one without the glitch.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Big Starro might be a bit overtuned. Here's an example:

I'm out of combat trying to reset the mission when I get insta-killed by Starro's pull attack. I was wearing full episode vendor gear in that clip.

If I try to fight the Big Starro, the Double Beam and Lunge Strike attacks were doing 14,000+ damage to me on single attacks.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

He's a raid boss with extra hitpoints. If you got hit by a raid boss by yourself, likely the same would happen. The only tuning that will be done to him is if we lower his hit points. The controlled Justice League have already been tuned down as they are adds but still set up as raid bosses. Quicklime removes their Starro facehugger.

For this specific issue, I can move the console perhaps.

12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Since the behavior is the same for both hatcheries (destroying them, not sampling spores like at the river shore outside), then it's fine they give credit as well for the mission to destroy hatcheries. Similar to the CCPD starro mobs counting for the defeat all Starro in Central City.

13. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've reduced the range on his PBAOE attacks (the one that hit you is an example) and moved the monitor over to the right further. This should help with any spin-by attacks he does.

14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think moving the console would be a good idea.. I only had the same thing that happened to Perryn once the past couple days.. I saw the big red letters flash on screen letting everyone in zone know the STARRO was back and ran to join the fight. Hit the console and got sucked into the middle of the battle. Now in my case it was before his damage had been adjusted and there were about 5 or 6 other players there so i didn't die.. But I also got interrupted and never actually was assigned the mission so while I helped Starro I got no rewards for it. Maybe just pick up the console and move it against the wall between that small shed it sits against now and the higher part of the main channel 7 building? That would leave it close but unless Starro has a pull that works around a corner it should be safer :)
  15. Gromm865s Active Player

The big starro, I tried going at it with a group last night, I was in controller role, full vendor gear, mods, etc...At the console I would get yanked in, and immediately 3 quick hits of 12k-13k, leaving me either ko'd or close. One instance I got yanked in, 3 quick hits of 13k damage I was ko'd and the combat "chat" showed another hit of 14k after I was already ko'd. So today, I switch to tank, in tank roll, full gear and so on. Flying way above the big starro, about halfway up the building behind, and I get yanked in again, with another 3 quick hits of 12-14k. Before, it was way to easy, a group could take him down in under 30 secs. Now, last night a good group of atleast 10 players, all 235cr and it took nearly half an hour, with numerous wipes in the process to get it finally beat.
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep, as stated above, I have moved the console and reduced the radius of his yank attacks.

Additionally, I have lowered his hitpoints some. I did crank it up a bit from last year when we got the spawning as a solo boss issue resolved. Now, sans the reduced radius attacks and the console movement, he is the same as last year.

This should be on Test in a couple days.

17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Starro-Controlled Iconics in the Big Starro fight do massive damage too. My combat log indicated Controlled Wonder Woman was doing 12k damage with each Lasso hit. Several of the other Iconics were doing 9k-10k each on some of those hits. Throw in the Big Starro and groups don't last very long. It turns into a real meat grinder for everyone that isn't a tank and the Iconics like to wonder off from the tank to attack other players.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

EDIT - all the edits. I am not able to lower their rank to solo due to reasons but I have decreased their overall DPS by 75 percent. After the next update, if they are still hitting like trucks with certain abilities, I will nerf those on an individual level. Do note that quicklime also works on them to remove their mind control. If this doesn't appear to work for some reason, let me know.

19. Charon Lead Content Designer

Coming to Test later:

• Terminal moved further away from Giant Starro
    • GS has lower radius attacks that can pull in players
    • Controlled JL Iconics have a total of 75 percent less damage (was 40 before)
      • We'll have to keep an eye on individual attacks breaking past that DPS decrease
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I tried fighting the Big Starro in a 4 man group (3 dps/1 healer). Everyone was CR 235. Another DPS showed up towards the end of the battle. Killing the Big Starro took 11 minutes 15 seconds.

It is a rather annoying fight with the pushbacks causing you to fall off the helipad quite a bit. Trying to stay in melee distance is a dangerous affair with the large damage spikes. It is still possible for the Big Starro to pull you into the fight if you're standing close to the bottom of the ramp.

I used 19 Quicklime over the course of the fight to keep the Iconics under control.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.