Test Discussion Episode 30: Gotham City of Earth 3 Open World Missions

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilkyPawz Bunny

I agree I like how it is in Amusement Mile for the Bounties, once you get past the content no one wants to do them anymore and it's hard getting a group to run the bounties again.
    • Like x 4
  2. Samuiel Well-Known Player

Exactly ! One more reason to make them possible to solo.
    • Like x 2
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I don't mind if the bounties aren't soloable, but when I can be one-shot by them at CR 210, they *might* be a little too hard-hitting. At least reduce the damage enough that I have a chance at hitting back before I'm dead.

I prefer the Riddled with Crime bounties - easy enough to solo at higher than entrance levels. I understand if that doesn't happen here, but I tried to do the Age of Justice bounties last night on my main, and there were no groups and no one calling when Ultra-Humanite or Eclipso appeared in their phase. If the devs want the bounties to be doable after the next DLC comes out, they cannot require a group of eight or more to do.
    • Like x 1
  4. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Notes on a few specific things:

For the bounty mission, I lean toward having it remaining a group bounty but switched to a weekly mission but will continue to discuss it.

Cyborg's servers not having a mission waypoint is a bug. I'll fix that.

Quick Chaos is intended to be something you can complete throughout the week while flying/running around doing other daily missions. I think I'll reduce the count on the task stages. I had already intended to add some time pressure by having the dynamite explode if you aren't quick enough and adding a fail case also supports a lower count.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug: Traffic problems on Earth 3

Gotham City on Earth 3 seems to be experiencing traffic problems. No doubt caused by Mayor Gordon's lack of interest in keeping the City functioning.

The cars all seem to wait at every traffic light. The traffic lights are stuck on Amber. Cars don't know when to stop and clip right into each other.

I wasn't going to report this, but I was concerned it might lead to performance issues as the cars don't seem to stop spawning and with more players on the map, it may cripple performance or cause other issues.
    • Like x 1
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

I can understand some might like this but on live during certain times of day it is pretty hard getting a group. I still go help a few people who sit in lfg asking for help with Ghost or the Paradox Bounties, once people get past the content not many people go back to do these. Having several Alt Characters just made it so much easier in Amusement mile for me, not sure about other people. I hope you can take that into consideration. Thank you
    • Like x 2
  7. BriWi Well-Known Player

For the Quick Chaos mission, I noticed the NPCs you need to save don't show up on the mini-map as a white dot like mission-related NPCs and objects for other missions. It can be a bit annoying having to check every green NPC to see if that one happens to need saving for that particular mission.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Hope u keep it a group bounty and then make it a weekly mission.
  9. Destinywlf Active Player

Anytime bounties are group, I have to wait until im over powered to do them. Ive yet to see anyone doing age of justice bounties. If your gonna make them group you gotta make the rewards good and lasting, other wise your time on group bounties are no to most of us.
    Also the people you save from dynamite say nothing, i think they need to respond with some kinda dialog, after you rescue them.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Potential Missing Investigation Node
    I spent a considerable amount of time today going over Open World related stuff. One of the things being trying to find any briefings and investigations.

I was able to find all 5 nodes of the CCPD Case Files investigation. I also found Wonder Woman's "Memoirs of Earth 3" investigation, too, however I haven't been able to find the last node of the Investigation - the one titled "A Heroes Reward".

I've searched the entire map multiple times, using multiple radar enhancers, but had no luck finding the last node.

I've also consulted with a fellow tester, who has been testing all of the content, and he too said that he hasn't been able to find the 5th node.

Is this node missing? or is this node the one which is currently inaccessible in one of the raids?

No Collections?
    I was wondering also if it was intended for there to be collections in the Open World area? Over the past few DLCs, all open world areas have featured their own collection. But I didn't find a single collection piece whilst hunting briefings with scanners. Is this intended? or is there a collection missing?
    • Like x 1
  11. Destinywlf Active Player

I didn't see any collections either, seen investion nodes.
    • Like x 1
  12. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm still of two minds about it. Making it a weekly group bounty will keep the problem with all group bounties - finding a group once the DLC is not current will be hard. It also takes away the only daily reward with a box in it instead of just ultrabucks. However, it doesn't make any sense that a generic hero from DCUO could take down Ultraman or Superwoman alone, so that seems a bit silly storywise.

I almost wish there was a mechanic in which we first collect a device to weaken them, then are able to solo the bounty. But that seems overly complicated.

In short, I don't envy you having to figure out how to make this work for everyone.

However, I will state again that you need to make sure they can't one-shot a fully healthy player at CR 210. Two-shot, fine, but I want to get a swing in before I get KOed.
  13. AquiloFury Committed Player

I still try to do them, but it's so hard to get a group together..especially on villain side...
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is the Cyclone FX supposed to disappear after a few seconds in a cycle on NPCs? Here is a demonstration video:
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The "I Beam You" mission can be a bit frustrating if you start getting large numbers of Ultraman sympathizers in a row. Maybe I was just having bad luck, but it felt like I was I get several sympathizers for every person I was saving. I think reducing the sympathizer rate would help out.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the "Syndicate Surveillance" mission, I feel the first part could use a better objective description. Here is how it currently reads:
    [IMG]

"Use Cyborg's Sensor Arrays to Locate Panopticon Surveillance Feeds"

Based on that description, I would expect to be looking for some white objective dots on my radar. However, you're actually supposed to look for these thugs first and then the cog becomes active.
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    While I had the Quick Chaos mission active, sometimes "Cyclone-Inflicted NPCs" wouldn't show up on my radar. Here is an example:
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I was just about to report this. It was happening prior to the change as well.

The indicators for the cyclone victims disappear when you've completed the Bombs objective. I haven't tested if it works the other way yet, but I've been able to reproduce this bug twice now by completing the bombs objective and noticing the disappearing indicators.
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Fail case + lower count seems more fun, agreed.
  20. Dene Devoted Player

I had similar, cyclone victim white dot would appear but only for a second - making completion possible but annoying
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.