Test Discussion Episode 30: Gotham City of Earth 3 Open World Missions

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

A few more updates:
    • I've fixed the indicator on the cyclone victims disappearing when you complete the dynamite stage. We should get that into an update soon.
    • I've changed the sensor array encounter so that you can immediately use the sensor array, but the thugs might not be happy about you doing that.
    • I made a change to help with the cyclone fx. It's not supposed to cycle on and off. It looks like the new fx might be missing from the latest update.
    • For the Eye Beam You mission, currently 1 in 4 will sympathize with Ultraman. I can tweak those numbers.
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I feel like Mayor Gordon could use a better propaganda manager on the "Campaign Reform" mission. As is, half-hearted messages like this are being broadcast:
    [IMG]

Given the setting, I'm surprised we didn't get a message like "Vote Gordon or Else...". Something that instills fear or tries to intimidate the voters seems appropriate.

I'm also surprised there is "that other guy". I figured any other candidates would have been quickly disposed of by Owlman.
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. Could even use something like "Vote for your safety. Vote for your protection. Vote Gordon."
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On the "Election Fraud" mission, it would be helpful if the intimidated citizens showed up as green dots on the radar:
    [IMG]

It took me a couple of minutes to find the appropriate NPCs to knock out.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I was doing some testing with the Beach Ball trinket and it looks like the quest givers can be moved around. Would it be possible to "bolt" them down? An industrious person could probably move the Quest Givers away from the spawn point.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On the "Breaking the Crime Wave" mission, the objective is to ""Stop muggers and violent street criminals". Ok, so I find a "mugger" and "criminal" in the mission area, knock them out, and don't receive any credit:

Sometimes you'll see a "Criminal" and "Mugger" that count towards the objective:
    [IMG]

Maybe some clarification on the bulletin text would help.

I like that the citizens for this mission show up as green dots in comparison to "Election Fraud."
  7. The Game Well-Known Player

The iconics in the open world need to have a feat associated with them. Otherwise what's the point of having them? Go for the easiest one and be done with the bounty. All other past episodes with iconics have feats so I didn't understand why this wasn't added.
    • Like x 2
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    During the "Eavesdropping" mission, should the Crime Syndicate vehicles show up as white dots on the radar?
    [IMG]
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    On the "Municipal Responsibility" mission, should the police vehicles show up as white dots on the radar?
    [IMG]

The cameras show up as white dots. You have to manually track down all of the vehicles.[/b]
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I feel like this collection location is taunting Superspeed and Acrobat users:

You have to be Flight capable to reach that.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    On the "Traffic Stop" mission, the orange box that defines the mission area is too large:
    [IMG]

Nothing spawns south of where I'm standing in this picture:
    [IMG]

NPCs and objectives only spawn in the northern half.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is related to the Owlman open world bounty:

Why does Owlman jump out of the parking lot at 7 seconds away from the two people attacking him?

I haven't seen that behavior on any of the other bounties.
  13. Ully Committed Player

Possible Bug Report:

While fighting Johnny Quick in the open world, after about 60-50% health, he just disappeared. Is this intended? Or are we expected to burn their health to 0% ?
  14. Quixotic Developer

At 50% health, they knock everyone back to make room and escape. You should get mission credit at that point.

- Quixotic
  15. Quixotic Developer

I think this is related to a charge attack he does on a random foe. I made a change to his ai that should prevent or at least limit that behavior.
    - Quixotic
  16. Quixotic Developer

I'll look into white dots on the vehicle stages. It's related to the vehicles not being an active objective until the guards are defeated, at which point the white dot should appear. I'll give this some thought, but don't necessarily want to make the vehicles an immediately available objective without the guards being defeated.

For the Traffic Stop mission overlay, if I remember correctly there are some encounters that can spawn in those southern blocks. I'll take a look.
    - Quixotic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.