Dev Discussion Episode 15 Feedback Thread: Bombshell Paradox Operation

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

How do we get our replays back for the last boss in the Bombshells Paradox being glitched ?
  2. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I've been able to complete this raid several times. It didn't feel too easy or too hard. But there are some changes that would make this raid a lot more fun, mostly speaking about the last boss.

1. The "corruption" that get's put on someone in the raid needs to be more pronounced. As of now, the FX gets drowned out by other visuals in the raid. The easiest way to tell if you have is by checking to see if you're debuffed.

2. You have to stand in the actual votex for too long right now. It would be a lot better if you could just run through it quickly to cleanse yourself. If you're not entirely in it, you're going to end up dying, if you're not blocking and your healer isn't on point with healing you. It also makes it difficult if you're trying to block and roll into one and you end up going right through it. Trying to reposition yourself in the vortex could get you killed.

3. I understand the urgency to the mechanic when the corruption is placed on you, but it might be nice if the damage was slightly reduced. Not totally. Just a small reduction would help make it manageable so you could get to a vortex to cleanse yourself. It's very hard with everything going on, especially tanking, and having that on you, you get almost no time to try to make your way to a vortex.
    • Like x 5
  3. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Some things I've noticed so far after running BP with 3 of my characters:

- Being surrounded by enemies as a tank, makes it really hard to get to the black holes in time when you have the aura.
    - A better (bigger and more pronounced aura or on-screen text) would make it easier to know when you have the aura.
    - Sometimes, iconics will attack the black holes instead of the enemies.
    - Black holes should perhaps despawn quicker. We had a DPS waiting for it to despawn for pretty much half the fight (maybe they respawn in the same exact places again).
    - The sudden and short blackouts are weird, I remember that happening in another instance some time ago, but can't remember where exactly.

On another note, my most successful runs so far, have been with 2 healers in the last boss. (1 tank, 2 heals, 1 troll, 3 pew-pews).
    Elec works wonders here with all the sudden dangers, you can avoid a lot of deaths with bio-charges and paired with a HoT healer. Well, at least until everyone replays the heck out of it and groups start running with CR 135+ players facerolling it.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I wouldn't drop the damage. It makes having two healers beneficial, at least at this CR. I do agree with improving the messaging (there is also a sound, for those who play with sound on) and decreasing the time required to cleanse, though.
    • Like x 4
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

We would just communicate which vortex needed to be shut down, and the next person corrupted would close it, allowing the player to get up. Biggest issue for us was having someone die in the vortex, so they couldn't be rezzed.
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Beautiful raid, well done.

However I can see this being an 1-1-1-5 raid when people are fully geared. It'll be nice in the future if this raid had mechanics at some points when the healers are debuffed and the controllers are caged, etc.

My first run of this raid, the controller left because he didn't like the fact there were 2 tanks, yes he's a moron but a big majority of people are like that now, and it'll be nice to see some mechanics like those in the future again.

All boss battles are a blast though.

This just gets me to bring up that in the future it'll be nice to update the lv1-30 tutorial in the future to encourage support rolling.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

It actually is well suited for 2-2-2-2, but there is flexibility with a good group and of course when geared up.
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

I think the difficulty missed the mark and is definitely too high for the average players. I have not seen so many player getting wiped in the easy raid ever. If only 2 pieces of content are supposed to appeal to the majority of the player base for the month it has to be playable by the majority of the player base. While this raid is beatable for an above average group I don't see this raid appealing to the average group, most of which will not make it past the first boss. 113 should definitely not be in this raid. Under 126 should not be in this raid.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, this raid is not going to be completed by a CR 113 group. I understand the idea behind setting the entry there, but that's in name only. I would bump it up to at least CR 120. Leave the duo at CR 113.
    • Like x 2
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

This is actually a pretty good idea, especially since you can get 3 112 drops from the duo with a chance at 116 it won't take that long at all. I got up my main that I've been lazy with gearing from 118 to 123 with one run with no 116 drops. I could imaging people could wait a few days and do a few runs of the duo before jumping into the operation. As long as players can get into the duo at 113, I don't see a problem.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

If only, I tried making a group 5 times literally and all wanted soloing... sad.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

113 is just to low in general. Why!?

What, are we encouraging dlc and gear jumping...?

I did Throne of the Dead, the other day with a controller who was CR126 and didn't even know what to do...

CR limits are just to low in both t6 and t7 content.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

The hallway setting reminded me of the Batcave raids. I was hoping to see some special NPC types in there like from BC where controlling via separation/stuns/etc the NPCs prevents them from getting buffed or shielded. The Skirmishers are ok but not as interesting as some other NPCs in corridor battles. Nothing really unique for Controllers. Time until breakout duration seems to be extended on a majority of NPCs which is a plus.

First 2 boss fights are ok. I do agree that the blue animation that deals damage over time (the ability that triggers the heal & defense debuff under your tag) needs to be brighter. It's currently too faint and some get confused with that and something like an electric healer's shields aside from other animations. The damage it deals is fine though. I agree with the above in that it makes it easier with another healer. We've been beating it mostly with 1 tank, 1 troll, 2 healers, rest dps. Perhaps with 130+ CR, the damage we take in will be much less.

Picking up people who are down by a black hole is tricky if players don't call out for group shields or do not pop personal shields. We call out where the black holes are and prioritize the holes near the tank (for closer dps) or holes in between group members. It's sometimes tricky for the exact position of the black holes to be spotted unless you move your camera angle but you can warn someone.

I was disappointed we could not fight the metal gear rex looking robot.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Yes a side boss of the robot would be nice between the seconds and last boss.

The mobs were ok in the hall ways but weren't good enough. These are the league of assassins, a intelligent faction of assassins.

Mechanics of npc's should involve (This is for LoA npc types:
    • Taser pulls
    • Knife Throws
    • Mini versions of the serpent, fire, lying and bolt claws
    • Gunners (Due to them being Russian military based)
    I did see them throwing spikes on the floor and smoke teleporting, but I didn't think it was enough. Any controller can just stun them and it becomes a calm kill fest.
  15. Mega Chiroptera Well-Known Player

I posted this somewhere else, but I'm wondering if Lady Al Ghul's health is intentionally so high? It makes the "burn the adds EXACTLY nine times" feat nearly impossible... not to mention that even with the burn my group has, it still seems much more tedious than necessary.
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Not sure if this reported or intended, but the uncollected bombshell posters items are 'stack-able' 1/999.
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I wouldn't change the damage simply because it is fairly easy to position yourself near, but not in, a link (portal/black hole) before attacking and needing to be cleansed. This goes for the Tank(s) too. It is relatively much easier to reposition before you need to cleanse then it is to panic and try to find one. There are also so many links once you start into the fight that find one per 1-2 players to stand near should not be a problem at all.

I'd also recommend to never really roll during this 8-Man for any boss. On the first boss you may roll and go right into a canister explosion, canister gas or grenade (I can't give you the exact names of the attacks). On the second boss you could easily roll into an adjacent torpedo or the boss. And the last boss is self explanatory. You can simply move to avoid each attack I mentioned. In the last boss especially I've seen examples of rolling causing more harm than good because a roll moves you a set, more than tiny, distance that you can't make smaller manually. Not very good in tight rooms.
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I do not want a health nerf.

It is fine as it is.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

3 groups now 1 today, 2 yesterday.

1st group full 126 with me at 127 got to final boss fight and failed, was in it for 123 minutes before we disbanned, 2nd group invited me at last boss roughly a hour after 1st group, they had been there 113 minutes.

2 126 or 125s, the rest 127-129 with me 130. Failed, after about 3-4 wipes I said screw it and left that group too.

today group mix from 125 to 130 (only 2 130s me and another DPS), failed at final boss 3x and MoTD popped up with 30 minute count down. So I left.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

In no way shape or form should ppl this CR should be failing what is or should be the easy raid in the 1st batch of monthly DLC'

sure 1 maybe 2 groups, but every group I come across? naw something is wrong with that boss fight IMO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.