EP26 still in not available on Steam

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Entrust, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

I am aware that there was an issue when EP26 was released, and that there wo how be a delay in its availability on Steam. However, it has been some time now, and it's still not available.

Is there any update, or eta?

Thankfully open content has provided access to those of us impacted by this delay. Still, I dislike the extended lockouts, and want to pay my part.

I hope that this is still being looked into, and is resolved soon.

Thanks
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't have to be purchased through steam, I have my game tied to steam and I've bought DLC's before direct from the DC marketplace.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It will likely remain unavailable until our next game update. As mentioned, you should be able to purchase it directly if wish to.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

speaking of the next Gu when do think it may hit test?
  5. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Uhm next... year most likely
  6. Ekart Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you do realize that gu happen every month not episode gu as game updates lol.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Any idea when the GU will hit test? I have friends who are waiting to buy the episode. Plus u guys did open episodes to entice people to sub/buy episodes. When it ends on the 21st if ep26 isnt on steam yet im guessing you are going to have some unhappy players and something like that could cause them to quit the game completely. A friend of mine on teamspeak just said those exact words a few mins ago. Hope u guys get it up there b4 the 21st.
  9. Entrust Committed Player

Thanks for the update, I will check after the next GU is published.

I am aware that the episode is available for purchase from the in-game marketplace. Which I would be willing to use if Steam was one of the payment options offered when purchasing episodes. As it is now, the only option available is "Credit Card" which I am not willing to use online for a $4.00 purchase. That's just my preference.

I understand the reasoning for changing the payment methods for new episodes (I watched the live stream back when Sons of Trigon was previewed). Pre-SoT I would buy a SOE card and buy the new DLCs when they came out, since then I purchase Steam cards and purchase new episodes through Steam.

TLDR: Make Steam a payment option for more than DBC in the Marketplace and I'll buy new episodes in-game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You don't want to use a credit or debit card to make a $4 purchase? are you afraid of the crippling interest or 2% bank fee on $4 or the amount of 8c?

[IMG]
  11. Entrust Committed Player

Steam & PayPal should be options for purchasing episodes, in addition to credit/debit cards. Limiting the payment methods limits revenue.

The answer to both your questions is already in the post you quoted.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

As it is now, the only option available is "Credit Card" which I am not willing to use online for a $4.00 purchase. That's just my preference.

Get your credit card out, it's $4... really... I mean really?!?!
  13. Helderman Dedicated Player

Just subscribe and enjoy.
  14. Entrust Committed Player

Steam & PayPal should be options for purchasing episodes, in addition to credit/debit cards. Limiting the payment methods limits revenue.

Legendary isn't worth it to me at this point. I own every episode (except 26), added content like powers lairs etc, and have a couple 7-day escrow access tokens. I've maxed out my inventory, bank, and shared bank. I'm also perfectly capable of purchasing my own DBC & replay badges when needed. So the differences between my Premium account & the Legendary are almost unnoticable.

DCUO offers 2 types of membership, and I enjoy the Premium level just fine.
    • Like x 3
  15. Danilion007 New Player

So what? Where's my 26 episode in the steam?
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

However the steam has numerous forms of payment that the DC has not.
    bank slip bank transfer orders, paypal, national cards, among others.
    Even if the DC had more forms of payment or if he allowed that we could use the steam to be legendary, without cards, believe it would have a significant increase in subscribers.
  17. Entrust Committed Player

From Mepps in another thread:

" Steam changed some things without notice, and we needed to make some changes to adjust. We are working through what we expect to be the last of the issues with them now. That said, I do not have an estimated time yet. We will get the episode published as soon as possible.

Edit: Also, the Episode is available through the www.dcuniverseonline.com webstore, even for Steam players."

Link:
    Episode 26 still not available on Steam
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Lol such an excuse in this day and age.

Credit and debit carding is hard yo.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive got a buddy ingame that lives in brazil that cant do that because it wont let him. He needs an international credit card is what he tells me and he doesnt have one. So he relies on steam to purchase the episodes. Idk if there is a way around that. He has told me there isnt. So idk.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds to me like brazil is a country that has financial credibilty issues.

Who issues domestic credit cards only. Are you trying to say no one in brazil has an international credit card?

Are they that hard to get?

Maybe they come out of capsules?