Test Discussion EP 38 Artifact: Purple Healing Ray

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

This artifact seems way too strong especially if i compare it to the new Tank artifact and dps one. this should get nerfed. This is gonna make healing the Tank way too easy i mean a 20% shield is huge for a Tank plus all the healing resets and heal over time from this artifact and all of the other things this artifact does! If the shield gets removed and some other adjustements it should be fine.
    All the other benefits this artifact gives that alone would be so strong the shield just make it even more overpowered. I strongly advice to nerf this and the elite content isnt even a threat to tanks anymore i dont mean mechanics btw (i mean the incoming damage from the bosses regular attacks itself) unless that actually gets buffed and make the bosses hit much harder to the Tank with regular attacks.theres No need for this OP artifact to be this good.
    Healers are already super strong.
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

So is this intended or not? Sorcery seems to benefit from this a lot more than the others if this is intended. Orb of Orion paired with a Watcher would practically make a group invincible with continuous shields.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Exactly my point healers in general are anyway super strong in this game.
    Healers already heal alot with their 50k plus resto,Tanking should be more difficult again NOT mechanic wise just the pure incoming damage ( im strictly reffering to Elite content with this statement)
    A elite boss shouldnt take only 10% of the tanks HP away it should be 30% per hit and a boss should be able to kill tank in a matter of 3-5seconds if the healer isnt quick enough to react and heal the tank.it should be a threat not a cakewalk. With these artifacts tanks got and the amount of buffs and debuffs to the boss from the troller and healer artifacts and healer shields the incoming damage is seriously low coming from elite raids to the Tanks.
    And this artifact just makes it even easyier to Tank the incoming damage on elite raids. Way too strong.
  4. xNeiman New Player

Just to make sure i understand . is this artifact giving you higher resto ? meanin you’re getting 4x resto added to your base resto while you’re healing( 30k resto , with artifact you have 120k resto ) ? OR are you charging the purple light by using heals and basically have to heal until you get to 4x your resto ( 30k resto have to heal to 120k resto )
  5. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

It has to be that you charge it by doing 4x your resto in heals. If it was giving you a boost of 4x, it would be better to keep it under 200 because it says 5x earlier on.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Second one. If you have 30k resto then every time you reach 120k in heals your Purple Healing Ray is full and ready to be activated.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mr.W Committed Player

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Mechanics are always suppose to be what makes a raid more difficult. Also if a player put the work in to earn 400-500+ sp & get their artifacts 160-200 (earned or paid) no boss in the game should ko a tank in 3-5 seconds period. We build our characters through sp & artifacts for the reward of strength & the ability to survive. When we build our characters correctly tanks shouldn't look like they're training for a 10k marathon the entire raid, that's just silly.
    • Like x 6
  8. xNeiman New Player

why do you think this artifact is OP ? to me this artifact is pretty trash ( healer role ) it absorbs 20% damage ( not that good ) and just resets the cool down of a power which prob has like a 3sec and a 12sec cool down . don't see how this artifact is close to good . please explain maybe im missing something .
    • Like x 1
  9. Control Creed Well-Known Player

"Healers are too strong in this game"

"This Healing Artifact is OP"

That's why there are so many healers all over the place...

I think people are posting in the wrong forums about some other game.

The only reason someone would put this artifact in the 3rd slot is because all the other healing artifacts are trash.

Most healers running with Eye of Gemini, even with 100% Supers so honestly, 9 to 12 heals to get a rinky dink under powered garbage shield or an extremely unimpressive heal over time... unless your exploiting it with Sorcery (which they will surely fix or every healer will be Sorcery in a a week thereby disproving the "healers are overpowered" theory), meh...

If people are having an issue with how "easy" Elites are, either:

1. PUG it, that should be plenty challenging for ya, or...
    2. Take some gear off.

If I see one more person posting a video on YouTube in full Elite gear that they got from farming the easiest first Elite boss for Renown then an open world Boss for marks (pay to win) and then saying Elite is "too easy" it will be 2 days after this episode drops...

Happens every time. Nonsense...

So yeah, if you have full Elite gear, Elite generator Mods, 200 level artifacts, 500 SP, a full Boo Belt, Bottle City Soda and everyone else in your group does too... and you are comparing that to somebody that isn't paying to make the game as easy as possible then what are we talking about here? Of course it is that easy. And should be easy given the 600 plus bucks you put into making it that easy. If it wasn't the exact same people would be on here complaining about that... give me a break. I've seen 300 CR people that can't do the mechanics in a tier 7 reg... recently. Must be joking or trolling.
    • Like x 3
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Thats why im saying elite should be harder when it comes to the incoming damage of the Tank, healers are very strong in this game even without artifacts. All Elite healers i spoke said they will use this. By all means im just giving actuall feedback. Just saying it makes elite easyier. Luckyily charon did listen and make it a difficult elite raid this time. But not all devs for future dlc raids will listen to the community this well like charon did.
    Why should someone do elite raids with pugs who dont understand any mechanics or their power or lack stats?
    I was just saying in the perspective of Tanking not other rolls.
    My point is the potency a healer has is high but the bosses are hitting low compared to that.
    Ive played multiple games with classes and healers there are way less potent then in dc. Tanks are also kiting in dc extremly which makes elite even easyier for Tanks. Ive never seen kiting in other games in pve content for tanks and in dc this is something where if you kite you litteraly will bypass most of the incoming damage which shouldnt happen. A tank is there to Tank not to run away! Dc is my favorite game thats why im saying all of this to make the game better.
    A little bit off topic but thanks for listening.
  11. Kestral Committed Player

All elite Healers are going to use this because this is the first actually good healing Artifact in a long while that's worth losing the precision special ability bonus on the demon's fang. The last good healing Artifact before this was the Eye of Gemini and the real gem with that was the fact that would actually want to use it both as a DPS and Healer so it didn't take me longer than everyone else to level my artifacts up to a proper 160 - 180. Also, forget the shield we have shields already and they work better then a 20% damage decrease, it's the group over time heals that we want.

Well you were complaining it was too easy and that would definitely make it more of a challenge. Also, not everyone is lucky enough to have a group they know who can do that level of gaming all the time. When that happens you have to teach the pugs how to play to get what you need done.

Also, since you mention you Tank you might not be aware of just how rare Tanks are in this game. I've had to carry a lot of bad Tanks because most raids are unplayable without having even a really bad Tank present. Anything available to keep those wet paper bags up is helpful. And when I have more RES then needed for a run? That's when you start breaking out your Hybrid builds with DPS focused Augments and Artifacts or tweeking your loadout to get things done quicker.

The game can not possibly be designed to meet the desires and skill level of every single player. It's up to the players themselves to make what they are given fit their playstyle as best as possible. If things are too easy create your own handicaps to increase the difficulty. If the game is too hard, run what you can until you can build your character up as OP as possible. There's no shame in going back to older content if you needed a bit more stats before you were able to complete the lower level.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Thanks for the reply! Yes there are very weak Tanks out there the difference between a good and a bad tank is huge. But thats why there is normal and elite raids right? Even bad tanks dont really struggle on normal so the normal raids have always been good for newer/less skilled players.
    I was just trying to say with all of the possibilites and group synergys its really abit too easy to survive as Tank in elite raids with high artifacts and so on if the troll uses debuffs and healer uses shields and heals well.( the bosses dont hit hard enough in elite i only mean hitting the tank harder btw not the group)and kiting (which shouldnt be happening in my opinion just to a extend to move out of aoes and so on) is also making it easyier if we look at clock tower elite the tanks who solo tanked its basically just about kiting through the whole room i mean is a tank there to litteraly run away or to tank? As i said moving/getting out of aoes i dont mean that. Just this extrem kiting.and the artifacts make it even easyier at this point. Not saying the tank should sit there like a turtle but extrem kiting is definetly not something which should be possible in elite raids in my opinion. And if so then the elite bosses should hit harder with their range attacks to punish those who kite nonstop.
    Dark multiverse elite (Last boss)was a PERFECT example on how to stop kiting barbatoss hits hard with hes range attacks and there is no way to kite from it that is how it should be.
    Thanks for listening.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Your clocktower example is EXACTLY why I said the damage done to tanks should never be raised to the levels you're talking about. The reason you see every tank hosting a 10k marathon in the 1st boss is because catwoman (hero side) will hit you for all of your health through a shield (& these are mechanical attacks). Likewise canary's scream will also 1 shot you if youre not careful. 99% of ppl who try to face tank them will die in the 3-5sec you mentioned earlier. It would be very unhealthy for the game if every basic weapon attack a boss does is anywhere close to this level.

Also, (again not being rude) but if your requests on tanking were ever fulfilled elites would become unplayable b/c again that amount of damage is too high to survive on top of the fact that you want a tank to be punished by another 1 shot for not stupidly standing there to get punched in the face by attacks that will ko them anyway lol.

This is why I said mechanics are supposed to make a raid hard not unbearable amounts of damage.

Sorry if this came off as mean, I promise i'm not trying to be.
    • Like x 4
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I absolutly understand what are you are trying to say. No offense taken all good!
    A boss should do bit by bit big high damage not all at once,the sub bosses of the paradox raid are a good example they used to hit hard but no overpowered 1 shots but if you wasnt carefull it would kill you. Because the attacks were frequent and took a good amount of hp away. Thats why shields had to be used the right time.
    It should be a mix of mechanics and hard hitting bosses not just like in clocktower with multiple 1 shots which can only be kited away thats not how it should be.
    Clock tower was too high damage mainly as you said the one attack from catwomen was too strong which had to be kited away.
    A good difficulty raid were phonix cannon elite aswell as fals idols elite.
    Not just a dps check but a Tank check should be in all elite raids in my opinion.
    Also mechanics which the tank has to follow too like in phonix cannon elite which was a much better raid then clock tower in my opinion.
    If we look at false idols elite even though the bosses dont hit as hard as Clocktower the fact that you cant kite as much made it much harder and even though false idols elite was easy and simple for a dps heal troll perspective since it was difficult for the tank alot of people struggled to even complete the first boss.
    Clock tower didnt really have a mechanic the tank had to follow apart from getting out of aoes in the first boss and the ragemode of the bosses.
    And im pretty sure that people struggled more on Phonix cannon elite to solo tank it then in clocktower.
    And The augments with 16% increased defense plus 6% hp for pce/dme content was too high.
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

As long as were not talking the cr scaling bug version of paradox I think that's agreeable:p lol. I think they may have made those augments like that so it was more fair to fire tanks since they hadn't buffed it during that time.

But lets get back on topic so we don't get this thread locked:)

Umm, I'm bit indifferent with this artifact. I do like it's effects & I do love that it has wonderful synergy but I see power consumption being an issue for a healer trying to keep these effects up throughout a Raid. This is especially so if a healer is using the orb with this artifact. Water & sorcery are pretty much the only ones to maintain the power consumption for this but I don't think either of those powersets should be changed just b/c they can use this artifact more efficiently (I'm not talking about how fast pets can trigger it lol) since they mostly give slower heals over time.
    • Like x 2
  16. Control Creed Well-Known Player

I get what your getting at but...

I don't know how you can make a game with basically two difficulty modes play like a game with ten.

Having said that, I could be wrong, maybe the Artifact and Healers are that OP.

If this Artifact becomes the Meta they'll nerf it.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Why not make the group heal turn into a 8 man like page of destiny works to add two additional ppl....leveling up an art to 200 to only work for 8 sec seems like a waste
  18. Kestral Committed Player

I never tested this artifact with a healing pet active. It's not really the recommended loadout for Sorc healers right now and I hate relying on pets to heal personally. I could see this being nerfed to prevent pets from charging it though if that is the case.

Without that it takes a bit to get the right rhythm of casting use to get the artifact fully charged as it didn't seem to work if you waited too long between one cast to the next to charge so the total casts needed would reset. In normal gameplay I don't really expect it to happen a lot nor should it. In most cases where you're going to see this used is when the healer is spamming spells constantly to prevent a group wipe. Hard to tell how much help this will be vs a supercharge heal as the test servers rarely have enough players for raids on at the same time and not to mention the lack of skill points & league bonus' given to even tell on self healing how it will really compare when going live.

I kind of wish they would give us a feature to set our skill points to anything currently possible to the game, though I admit they will need to post a recommended level for testers that they would like to see as well. For new content like wonderverse I can see force setting testers at a recommended level but for things like artifacts it's really hard to see how this will play out when you can't set out SP to match your personal level on live to actually tell how it compares. Maybe a certain window of time where SP is opened up but is not normally available?

My main is not going run out of power with repeated activations of purple ray, on test this is not the case and so I can't give an honest opinion of if there needs to be a longer delay between activations of the ability or not to prevent it from being too OP.
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Yeah I'm kind of with you on this one. To be honest it may be an equal (or close to equal) alternative playstyle from super charge builds. I can see this helping electric since all their beneficial healer super charges are 100% & celestial since there's is in the same boat (if the combo portion of the heals an also trigger it). It's group heal ability is basically a more reliable version of the strat card's.

I don't know, at the moment I don't see it being a huge upgrade from super charge healer builds. Even if one may display slightly higher numbers a player still has to evaluate which felt easier & how much so. For example many ppls heals increased right after healer shields became 100% super charges but it became a bit more difficult to heal content as well since groups actually started taking damage lol.

I'm sure you already realize this, just keeping an open mind during the testing phase:p
    • Like x 2
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

I mean I can't really say healers are op. If they have the higher gear, 400-500+ sp, 160-200 artifacts & they can keep a group up very well then that's kind of how the game is suppose to be in my opinion. When you put that much work in (& in some ppl case money) you're suppose see a dramatic difference from when you have the lowest green gear, 200ish sp, 80-120 artifacts.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.