Enough with the bounties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd go one further and say they are actually doing damage to the whole game. LFG is now 90% spam groups. Even the last 2 raids are only mentioned occasionally and only the Elite alert really is getting any attention. Yes, you can queue up and probably get in, but prior to WV, LFG would be a mix of the last 2 or 3 dlcs raids and alerts, old content, feat groups (well, gold sellers too....they have not gone anywhere) but now most of what's there is bounty spamming in 3 zones.

And think of in a year from now when both DLCs are 'old'. Even now, you can still see someone shouting for Shadow Golem spam or Giant Robot or whatever. Much less than a few months ago, but they still come up. Why, because when a new crop of users come in and reach those DLCs, they can form a group and kill 3-4 hours knocking out the older spammy feats. I'd guess we won't see 'Need 20 people for 50+ hours of WV bounty spam' messages coming up often in a year. I think people will get to that DLC, look at the count feats and the timers applied, do the math and write them off....meaning no one will be in there past CR relevancy, which is not long for older content.

Guess we'll see.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly that's why I said they don't extend the longevity, you extend the longevity by developing engaging content that makes people want to play, that also has a reasonable level of variety, the bounties are nauseating at this point and you're exactly right, they're killing instance content.
    • Like x 2
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i had a vision. locusts blackening the skies and swarming down eating elite accessories like golden wheat as onlookers cried in disbelief unable to easily unlock their affinities.
    • Like x 1
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agree with you and reinheld there. But you chose exactly the key word!!!
    You said “WANT” get ppl to WANT to play, not feel forced to or rushed to but WANT to.
    I have to believe there not a single player that logs in says......
    “i WANT to spam for 100+ hours!!!! YES!!!!! s*** yes!!!!”
    Its not happening. What we do is log in an say is “I want to run ___ and ___ but i guess i NEED to spam”

Now for me, its 3-4 things wrong with them and i say it with sincerity because im one that does like the bounties.
    1) counters should be 35-50 max. I cant fathom a single reason to make them higher unless there were some crazy special reward aside from the feat for getting 100 (say an exclusive aurra for example along with an additional 3* feat or better yet a more deserving 4* feat)
    2) the unimaginably bloated vender prices requiring you to exceed the 75-100 counter feats an log 300+ kills (i mean seriously? If the kill count needed is 300+, why do the feats stop at 75 to 100? We should slap out a 3* every 50 kills over for crying out loud)
    3) timers suck BUT i get why they are there and this would be fully palatable IF # 1 & 2 were corrected and in line with each other.
    4) as stated in my other post as well, the insane rarity of required mats for OP items.
    • Like x 1
  5. AJPro Committed Player

So happy on the news, from a developer spawn by your post, Thank you!
    no more bounties like legion and wonderverse for awhile.
    I actually like them.....ONE dlc a year or two.
    Totally agree two in a row was a mind numbing tedious grind fest, especially because legion was less diverse and more grindy than wonderverse
    • Like x 1