Enough is ENOUGH

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Davenport Committed Player

In some ways, I hate the grinding feats. Particularly the feats that literally take weeks, or months, to pull off without using resets because you have to do certain missions over and over.

That said, I do wish they'd at least remove some of the style grinding by adding more of the vendor styles to the 10 Mark vendor since there's enough grinding to do without having to spend a few hundred marks per set of crappy gear we're just going to toss anyway.
  2. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I understand where your coming from. was not so bad once apon a time. when we needed time to finish things.

now, the game caters to the big spenders ( the few that's left anyway) and the (just give them easy things to do) casual players they are still trying to pull into this once fun game.

there is very little needed "skill" for "skill points" anymore. sure, some of the elite stuff still takes skill. but its a shell of the great game it used to be now...
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

I kinda like how these feats were habdled in the last 2 Episodes. Gen mods in one, gear mods in other while both requiring the same Essence.
    That makes it less stressing.
    • Like x 2
  4. Controller Devoted Player

I don't mind the grindy feats. Makes for good balance in game.

I just wish that they would make them account bound - as it's been already mentioned in thread.
    • Like x 2
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Welp I respect your viewpoint and you have a point. However I personally believe that feats such as survival feats display endurance the best.

These mod feats only require time and the ability to not forget you have to salvage each piece of gear. It is not a difficult process.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Yeah I see what you mean now.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So we should get rid of style feats too? Majority of Legends feats? Exploration? None of these require actual skill or talent either.
    • Like x 3
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

I hope that in 2018 the grind feat can be cut by the half. 25000 exobytes should be 12500 and so on.
  9. Sooner Well-Known Player

The answer is simple, then don't do them. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you do them. I don't like PVP, so i only got a few of them and then I went off and enjoyed the game. I don't like R&D, so I got a few of the easy ones, then went off to enjoy the game. The whole issue with feats is the mindset that you must have every feat known to mankind in the game, and the reality is you don't.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Truth ^
    And more importantly, even if you want every feat, you don't need to get them all in the same day. It took some of us 6 years to finish a lot of feats because we were too busy trying to enjoy the game.
    • Like x 4
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's the thing though....we've ALWAYS had a mix of skilled feats to obtain along with grindy long term feats. People have complained (with good reasons) about those (Easy yet boring) long grind feats, so they have been replaced with shorter grind feats that are equally easy.

Would you rather 250 Battle For Earth Duos or 12 Generator mods??? I know, most everyone would say neither...but that's not an option. About a week into this new episode I finally finished my generator mods for the previous episode. Meanwhile, those 250 BfE duos took way too many months for me to get through.

I'll grant you that these feats are...unimaginative to say the least, but as I said, it's par for the course that we'll always get something easy that takes a little time along with things that takes skill to accomplish. On top of that, they're trying to figure out ways to give newer or low skill point players an easier path to getting what they need so that they can hit a much more reasonable minimum....hence easy feats, as they have always done.
    • Like x 1
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I say get rid of style feats that come from Time Capsules. I say increase the value of legend feats to make them worthwhile but I would not be against removing them. I dont think it's fair to compare exploration and this modding stuff as it takes far less time and you end up acquiring a majority of them through playing the game regardless of whether you wanted to or not.

You have a point though, none of them require skill.
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't mind Grinding feats every now and then. Like I understand that it's an MMO and Grinding and Progression are synced up together and stuff; but to have the same grinding feat included in almost every new Episode is overkill.

+1 OP.
    • Like x 1
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I would rather see them add speed feats then.

Anyways, if they arent gonna remove these mod feats then I would at least appreciate it if they made things more alt friendly. Also I dont agree with repeating these feats in every other episode.
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Adding these feats to every new episode is annoying, unimaginitive and tacky.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I get what your saying, but there will always be some kind of long grind feat involved in all new episodes. There has to be a reward for players to play the content. Obviously replay badges can help.

Not saying I enjoy them, cause I don't. You'll always see these types of feats.

I agree 100% about the speed feats. I'd really like to see tons or more skill based feats. Just not sure those are as popular as they were back in the day.
    • Like x 1
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

Reasons I don't grind feats:

Saint Nutella's post.
    (I'm actually agreeing with you, not criticizing you)
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's the same in other MMO, plenty of things to chase that don't require much except effort, only time. Maybe we should consider renaming 'Feats' to 'Achievements'?
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

just make high counter feats account bound counters like crafting and gathering feats
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But if they were to take them out for the next episode, you know what's going to happen.
    Day 1 of Test
    Testers: "Um, where are the R&D feats?"
    "R&D feats coming later?"
    "Is this seriously all the feats for this episode?"
    "ATTN DEVS: No R&D Feats??? Intended???"
    Day 4 of Test
    Dev Team: "There will be no R&D feats this episode. After careful consideration of player feedback we agree they are repetitive and non engaging. There will be no more R&D feats moving forward."
    30 seconds later....
    *FORUM CHAOS*
    "THIS ISN'T WHAT WE WANTED!" "WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO US!?" "THIS WHOLE GAME IS RUINED!!!!!"
    Day 5 of Test
    Dev Team: "R&D Feats are back..."
    • Like x 1