Enough is ENOUGH

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Guess I'm in the minority then.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Speed feats are not really well liked, particularly since it promotes DPS stacking.

I don't personally see why feats need to be made alt friendly...I don't get the need for it. That just sounds like wanting to accelerate the timetable for completion. I can understand wanting that, I just don't see it as a need...but that's just me.

As for feat repetition, part of that probably has to do with time constraints. They have to fill these Episodes with feats...they only have but so much time to make a bunch of different or new Episode specific feats. Just like certain assets get re-used, certain feats get repeated. In the grand scheme of things, i'd rather these gear and generator mod feats over 2200-5500 Reaper feats and that sort of thing. Run 100 LPvE instances with X-type of character vs Salvage 300 pieces of gear from this Episode...I know which I prefer. If they ever eventually get away from these particular crafting feats, whatever else they come up with, someone else will get tired of THAT. It's a neverending cycle around here.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"...or in this case, changing the name wouldn't change what it is essentially. So what would be the point?
  4. Sooner Well-Known Player

The point is if you make Skill Points the driving factor for the "progression" and "feats" are the way to achieve Skill Points, then you need to make more feats per DLC/Event to allow the WHOLE body of users a chance to get the items needed for Skill Points to progress. It's simple logic.
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If anyone actually paid attention though, they would quickly realize that GEAR is the driving factor for "progression", always has been and still remains that way. At best, especially with playstyle as factor, Skill Points are a tertiary factor in progression since Mods have a stronger visible effect on your stats.
    • Like x 1
  7. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

As it should be. You can't expect new players to catch up with players of 5 years+ in regards to SP. Players that were around forever will complain about that they 'had to work so hard to get their current SP and that new players should go through the same grind' but they usually don't mention that they were also able to outright buy quite a lot of feats that will now take forever to complete. And this is coming from a player that has been around for a 3+ years and that also had the benefit of getting some free SP by simply buying gear/renown which is not possible anymore.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Can you provide the mod totals (might for example) including bonuses versus the max might totals from skill points? I was always under the impression (prolly should've checked before uninstalling the game, lol) that SP accounted for almost three times as much might as that from mods. That's how it was on test at least, unless they changed it going live.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

All I can find is that 175 sp in might gives you 898 + 10% total might. So if gear gives you 15k might before sp, you're getting 1,500 + 898 = 2,400 might from sp.

Can't seem to find any videos or pages with the latest gear mod and gen mod stats or affinities though.
  10. oliver251274 Active Player

Imo the highest skill is needed to build up a group for doing some feats.
    If you are inside a small league or large league with less participation then it is nearly impossible. And if you get inside a group where anybody wants to do a feat, somebody (max gear player or "not listen" player) destroys the feat. And always the comment..."sorry...ah i dont care".

And this easy grinding feats are the feats which can be done alone. And to be honest, what is the big effort to salvage the gear after the run? The ppl are hangig arround inside the HoD or Wtower and doing nothing, but are too lazy to move to that station?