Enad Global 7 purchases Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Dec 1, 2020.

1. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

Nice try, expecting BioWare level writing here... I still hope something happens
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

I hope we will return to some unfinished storylines... ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Oh, he's the one?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

^^^ This!
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think the changing hands of owners would affect this much. Though SJ leaving might, which is completely unrelated to the EG7 purchase. Weird timing though.
  6. PolarisSylar Committed Player

It's same product. But different manager.
    It's let's see as customers the product ended up being like.

I hope it brings better incentives to continue playing DCUO
    • Like x 2
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah I mentioned this somewhere, the only time our character is the star is in the tutorial really. During most of the missions we are just sidekicks and in the recent ones not even that, our characters are barely mentioned (besides maybe the recent legion aalert)
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

If she left a few weeks ago and this purchase was just made public now, I would say there could be some connection. They would never admit it unless they had to but the possibility is there.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to nip it in the bud, she did not know anything about this when she chose to leave (for what she described as another once-in-a-lifetime opportunity).
    • Like x 7
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i always want nothing but the best.

kinda happy at the moment.

brace yourselves.
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Cool.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I actually looked as well, after Mepps responded and altereed my "perception" :D
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Creative Director is the person in charge of -- wait for it -- what's created.

In other words, choosing the storylines and making them come about by assigning, coordinating, and supervising the writers, artists, programmers, voice actors, and everyone who makes the game so that each episode is as creatively whole and satisfying as possible in its design. She was the boss of creating content, in yet other words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_director#Video_games
    • Like x 2
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Is the Person that is gonna replace her as creative director be from your current dcuo/daybreak dev team or someone new from enad global 7?
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This never happened. SOE was sold off by Sony to Columbus Nova and RENAMED "Daybreak Games." HTH.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/2/2/79...inment-sold-off-by-sony-renamed-daybreak-game
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Honestly Z we won't get that answer Mepps doesn't really interact with players much tbh and he def won't answer this one, all we can do is see how this plays out in time.
    "call me corrected from Mepps himself this morning"
    Mepps "Just to nip it in the bud, she did not know anything about this when she chose to leave (for what she described as another once-in-a-lifetime opportunity)."
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

He interacts but he just can't comment on things like that til he knows a concrete answers. Standard stuff. But yeah Z its all good bro or ma'am.
    • Like x 2
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Thats absolutly fine if he doesnt reply i respect the decision of mepps or any developer they actually treat people here with respect and I did get a few replies from mepps and i personally have very good experience when it comes to interacting with the devs on this forum but theres some users here that see this forum as a place to talk people down and make them silent and think they are above others!
    • Like x 3
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

This sounds like it can only go up from here. I'm totally looking forward to this new adventure we as players and Dimensional Ink as developers are on the path to. Sounds exciting. As for the back and forth I agree some of us gotta chill when it comes to telling others to shut up. I remember when I was a new poster on here and the same people told me to stuff it too. I imagine we new members join the forum they get chased away from the "warm welcomes". Let Mepps or whoever warn them if it's against forum policy, no need to police the forum if you're not mods. This is why we wonder why no new players in DCUO right? :D
    • Like x 3
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Well we always have new players in DCUO. The forums? Eh. They seem to be less new and returning ones from the eye test. I rememeber there just being more of a buzz around here a while back. But that could be me. Maybe they can help the forums out too lol.
    • Like x 2