Emote reworking, shame on you

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TANK69, May 3, 2023.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Nice thing about the emote changes is that as a fan of the Powerful personality, there were plenty of emotes I wanted from the Serious personality set that now I can have. Believe me, there are plenty of things I would like changed but until I become a mega-billionaire and am able to buy Daybreak/Dimensional Ink and implement the changes I want, I will try and enjoy the good things and push the bad things way down deep into a dark hole where they hopefully will never explode and send me to Arkham.
    • Like x 4
  2. Dene Devoted Player

Majority? Are we on the same forums ?? Most of the posts on these forums are people bashing the devs, complaints/requests that are so niche it is scary, bashing the game or belitling their fellow players and you feel people, on the forums, are too NICE??

Unlike users like you (or the other extreme you mention) - some of us like some things in this game and don't like other things - we just don't have to be rude, vulgar or disparaging to others to get our point across.

Also, "Play Properly" means what? ask 10 people what that would mean and you'll get 12 different answers LOL

Your advice is right though.. if you feel things are so bad, why even play? Move on.. the game is the game.. some bits you'll like some you wont.. weigh it all up, make some suggestions and if you don't like the outcomes or answers then move on.. people change, games change, it is natural for some to move on.

It is almost like there is this weird "cool kid club" that seem to think everyone else are a pack of nerds for not constantly putting down the devs or siding with them about everything.
    • Like x 7
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m sure others have said this as I didn’t read the whole thread, but it’s not only doable but much better for companies/employees/teams/creators/etc to work on and complete smaller projects that require less manpower, resources, etc while still working on larger projects. That approach is much more productive and beneficial to everyone involved as opposed to tunnel visioning one singular goal/project at a time.

“You said we were gonna go for a walk and now I see you putting gum in your mouth?!? WTH?!?!?”

“Umm….”
    • Like x 3
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This is because some of us can recognize the difference between crappy situations that are either created or remain unresolved due to a person or persons negligence, error in judgement, ineptitude etc and crappy situations that came about and remain unresolved due to circumstances outside of anybody’s control. To put it another way, some of us have the serenity to accept that which is beyond control, (hopefully) the courage to take action when things are within control and the wisdom understand and recognize the difference. But to be fair, one shouldn’t feel too bad if they lack that ability as people with it seem to be fewer and fewer as the world devolves to a giant finger-pointing blame game. It’s a big reason why I stopped dating, but I digress.

All that being said, the nature of supplier/customer commerce is such that the customer is under no obligation to take in to consideration when a product fails to meet their standards due to factors beyond the suppliers control. At the end of the day, a product is either worth your money or its not, regardless of the reasons why. So nobody should criticize anybody for choosing to decline or cease to give their patronage. But on the same token, nobody should errantly criticize or blame others for factors beyond their control.

Of course, the opperative word there is “should” but people rarely do what they should do. This is why, after all, people do indeed suck.
    • Like x 2
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Besides, the devs are human beings, too. And it seems to me that the best way to get people to listen to you is by being respectful of their feelings. If you start with, "Hey, dung-for-brains!" or just being confrontational, don't you think the person you're talking to will be less likely to consider doing what you want? Or even just less likely to to listen to you (or read your comment)?
    • Like x 3
  6. beardrive Committed Player

I think you may have suggested that they should have rewritten the entire game in this one small update!

As I read through the list I really like the idea of being able to mail 10 items myself! But that's not going to sell shared bank slots.
    • Like x 1
  7. Miserable Dedicated Player

You must have known this was never going to be received well given the tone of your post, especially with the personalities you have on these forums.

That said, I agree that there are many much-needed QoL changes for this game. And I don't mean things that are fine as is but could use a little improvement. Several aspects of the UI verge on unusable. Particularly the feat menu, the R&D menu, and the art/aug fortify menu.

For example, it's crazy to me that in order to read feat descriptions, we still (in 2023) have to watch text scroll so painfully slowly that by the time you reach the end of the sentence, you've forgotten the beginning of it. What makes this harder to understand is that the feat UI items are expandable (always have been)! There is that additional box that is currently only used for counter and checklist feats. This would be the PERFECT place to put the description.

Anyway, I do appreciate the few QoL changes they have made in the recent past, like the paging of vendor items by category and the whole On Duty redesign. I also don't see any problem with the new emote enhancement. It makes using emotes a lot easier. Hopefully they continue to make existing systems/menus more user friendly.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

When that person wrote "defending the devs"; I didn't see it as "against attackers/offenders", I saw it as more "defending against a change that was not widely received in positive light". Not all decisions are liked by everyone, but that does not mean being against it is against the devs themselves. Perhaps they should have worded it better, such as the "devs decisions/actions", in which is extremely common on the forums. I could be wrong, obviously, but I'm just assuming that's what they meant by the context.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Companies are able to devote resources only as they are able. That they can do one thing in no way whatsoever implies that can do other things equally easily.

You can make lists as long as you wish, but the basic illogic of your premise will remain.
    • Like x 1