Electric Healing, has a huge issue

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by KDICHU, Apr 15, 2015.

1. KDICHU Well-Known Player

Im 114-163sp Electric Healer USPS

I very much enjoy Electric but ive noticed something as I keep running content. The Range on electric is just horrible. my load out is as follows

Bio Surge - Galvanize - Bio Capacitor - Arch Lighting - Flux - Invigorate

Now if the group is near each other electric is great but as you enter Throne Elite (just an example) and the group spreads itself thinner and thinner Galvanize and Arch Lighting just are not reaching and you find yourself running back and fourth and usually end up spending extra power keeping ourselves alive in the middle of the room.. While Bio Charged yes members are "safe" until the bio charge is gone or used, now I understand changing the distance is basically never going to happen, So on the statement that range isint going to change. is it possible that the "Healing Over Time" Galavinize is just under powered? what im saying is that at 8k resto I was doing 80 HoT at 11026 Resto im doing 100 - 200 crit? How does that make sense??

Devs is it possible to let my healing over time actually heal? 100-200 is just too low coming up on T7 I don't want 1000000 hot just like a min tick of 250 at 11026 resto.

Devs!!!!!!!!!!!! If you DONT CHANGE THIS I will stay Electricity it is amazing, fun and Cele Nat and Sorc want that Bio Charge (btw does atomic have that??? lol). but its Mine

The main reason I believe Galvanize's Healing Over Time need a little buff is because of Rage Tanks when burst healing a Rage tank well good luck lol, idk if it is the Massive health combined with the self healing but when they Rage Crash its basically spam your power and hope they have a cola. idk this thread is all over the place I know im just concerned that the people I keep running in to saying the Electric is trash will increase as they run in to other Electric healers. (I try to change their mind by keeping them healed using little power) and before anyone says it Try to use electrocgenis - ionic drain - electroc burst - arch - galvanize - and super charge then compare all that Healing to nature and put my old loadout right back on.

I believe I can handle t7 fine but always having to prove myself to randoms is getting old I wear my Platinum SM chest just to say yeah I can Heal A&B don't worry that we are in Throne lol. am I just concerned about nothing or is Galvanize's HoT to weak ?
    • Like x 1
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

i cant give you accurate advice but the power has been like this since it was released. people get it done but its often looked down on because people only like stupid easy
  3. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Electricity if fine. Its the most power efficient and best group burst healer in the game. You don't need HoTs for Electricity BioCap with Bisurge covers 90% of the healing you will do. You mention healing a rage tank that crashes......thats not your problem. Either the Rage tank shouldn't crash or he should drink a soda. ALL healers have a hard time healing a crashed Rage Tank because.......they aren't supposed to crash.
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You are only filler heals when healing rage .
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

You are only the 4s filler healer when healing rage. As for throne. You do realize Ionic drain is electrics farthest heal move. If you do use Arc lightning, be prepared to be targeted by bowmasters constantly when in Elite.

Galvanize HoT is fine as you have to remember galvanize HoT is an added bonus to the move not something you should actually depend on. Electrogenesis is the main HoT, not galvanize.
    • Like x 4
  6. Owl Devoted Player

A Group Shield (like Flux) is probably the best power a Healer can use on a Rage Tank.
    When a Rage Tank crashes, they take all of the damage back from the previous 8 seconds.
    If a Healer Shield is active during the Rage Crash, that Shield will absorb damage up to 125% of the Healer's Restoration.
    A Healer Shield breaks after either 3 hits or when the damage cap is reached.
    Since the Rage Crash damage happens during a single hit, it should reduce it if timed right before a Rage Crash.

Note that sometimes a Rage Tank crashes because they are being controlled or countered which prevents them from activating a Rage Crash ignore power. The Invigorate supercharge grants control immunity to the group for a few seconds which can be helpful when an ally is being controlled.
    • Like x 2
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yes, I believe that Ionic Drain has the largest range of Electric. I use this along with the usual bio-cap bio surge rotation when a raid group is spread around. I don't use Arc Lightning, so I'm not familiar with the range on that. I believe electrogenesis also has a longer range and bigger HoT than galvanize. I don't use galvanize much unless I know everyone will be bunched up together, like tunnels in necro. But I will switch it out for boss fights when everyone spreads out.
  8. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I loved Electric healing, but have since switched back to Celestial which is by far better at range and HoT. That being said, electric was fun and I was able to beast heal in L&W with it. Galvanize is awesome but only at mid range, if you can talk your group into staying close enough like we do against Hades then the Burst heal off of it is amazing and stronger by the more people it heals. If you want range, HoT, and a big Burst on all players at the same time then you have to use Ionic Drain. It is a max range heal, four second HoT, with a big finisher burst heal at the end. I used to save many lives in L&W after Carol's one shot by hitting Galvanize into Ionic Drain before she could bind anyone. But, if you are going to use Ionic Drain, you must have the Empowered Channeling Hand Mod on. But it is good as it keeps you from getting interrupted, bumps your defense and health, and Ionic will stun a lot of adds. Just watch out in Throne as you will hit the Essence of War with Ionic Drain and heal him.

To me I always found Electrogenises to be weak. In relation to the other powers it is an underperforming power at best. My Celestial Divine Light puts up 4 auras and heals WAY stronger. Arc Lighting is a must though, it is the perfect power to burst heal the Tank(s). It hits whatever enemy you target for damage, then bounces to the nearest ally, usually the Tank for a Burst heal, then to the next enemy, next ally, etc. Bio Cap is great, but only covers 4 players, lasts for 2 minutes, but must be re-applied if it pops at all for the emergency heal. Bio Surge is an awesome solo burst heal for you and the most damaged in the group, but it will also heal anyone that is Bio Capped. So if you use Invigorate, it uses a HoT and gives a Bio Cap to all 8 players in a raid for two minutes...........which can be used with Bio Surge. Flux is always good to have with you as well. All in all, electricty makes healers look like you are the greatest re-active healers in the game. I used to hear how awesome I was, and how they would have died if I hadn't saved them with that well timed heal, hahahaha. Bio Cap makes you look awesome some times, Flux helps give you time to smash some heals in, Bio Surge works great with Bio Cap. Galvanize is the strongest of your heals, but you must move around some times and use it more than once, but if you get mid range to the groups of players once or twice you can fill their health bars fast.
    • Like x 1
  9. KDICHU Well-Known Player

Yeah I can solo heal throne im not the issue I know how to use My Power wave ask my Platinum Chest Piece, the issue is that galvanize just has weak healing over time and I already explained ive used the healing over time load out its booty and takes massive power, everyone just tried to bash me I know how to use this power if ud read and as far as ionic drain good luck it takes to long to use in the oh crap moment that's y I use arch.

and I can heal rage tanks. do it a lot but the question is why is galvanize healing over time so weak????
  10. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Because Electric is not a "heal over time" type of power......it main focus is safety net and burst heal.
    • Like x 2
  11. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

is electro genesis a must have for any healer loadout?
  12. Owl Devoted Player

Bio-Capacitor, Bioelectric Surge and Flux are the most useful powers in an Electric Healer loadout.
    There are several viable powers for the other 3 slots depending on the content and group makeup.
    • Like x 2
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Galvanize isn't a heal over time, another forum poster has already even stated that in this thread as a response to your inquiry. In fact, the HoT that Galvanize would be "on par" with the one provided by Nature's cross pollination.

In either case Galvanize is just a burst healing move, the HoT it provides is just extra.
    • Like x 2
  14. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

thanks.
  15. KDICHU Well-Known Player

yes I know its burst but galvanize is HoT but its weak lol
  16. Sumeric New Player

The heal over time aspects of both Galvanize and Electroburst are weak as a matter of design because the burst healing aspects are very strong. The only other comparable Heal to Electroburst in the game is Cross Pollination in Nature. Both function identically as a wave heal with "echoes' to nearby allies. When it comes to Electroburst, i'm not joking when I say under the right circumstances, it is the most powerful heal in the game currently. If they were to strengthen the Healing over Time of these powers, they would have to weaken the burst potential as a matter of balance.

Pro-Tip: If you want to burst heal a Rage Tank or keep an Earth Tank's Brick pet alive more reliably, drop Galvanize and pick up Electroburst. When a Rage Tank has 4-8 enemies around it, electrify them with Arc Lightning and use Electroburst. Even a Rage Tank is going to notice those numbers.

The only drawback to Electroburst is that it will consume the electrified power interaction, but since Arc Lightning chains so much more reliably ever since we had our AM update, priming it as necessary isn't hard at all.
  17. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

• Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

No. Electrogenesis can be replaced by a burst heal. In a standard raid, ex. HoH, Lab, or regular throne, electrogenesis works very well. However in throne elite where you are away from the tank that needs heals the most electrogenesis does not work in your favor.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I always thought Electroburst> Electrogenesis..
    hmm.
  20. Lights Derp Loyal Player

electro burst with enough electrified adds is one of the best burst heals in the game.

electro gen is a fire tanks best friend