Drop Rates/Loot Tables in T5 Raids

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Dump Truck, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dump Truck New Player

While I don't know if the drop rates and loot tables are bugged in the T5 raids, ridiculously rare, or just utter garbage, it is clear some believe so. While others have not completed either raid but say the loot tables are fine. I think they just really stink and are no longer worth replay badges.

From the rifle being non-existent to repeatedly seeing the same items over and over. In the spirit of "Well did you fill out a bug report?" Here it is.

For reference on some of the players from the community's opinions click on any of the links below. I'm sure there are more threads on topic I have not included, but this should give a good sampling from the community.
    Thanks,
    DT

Links on threads regarding T5 raid loot tables:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/drops-in-t5-raids-are-a-joke.162472/"

"https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/soe-you-can-do-better-at-nexus-paradox-weapon-drops.162343/"

"https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/consider-adjusting-the-drop-rates-of-weapons-or-vendor.162301/"

"https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/weapon-loot-tables.161569/"

"https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dlc-7-loot-tables-are-ridiculous.157491/"

"https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/rifle-missing-from-loot-tables.158392/"
    • Like x 34
  2. Luthia1281 New Player

It is my belief, after playing these raids (both wave and nexus) at least 100 times across three toons, that the 87Cr weapons werent included in the USPS3 server. No joke, havent seen a SINGLE 87cr weapon out of either raid.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dump Truck New Player

I hope they are not bugged for us on USPS3. If true that would be a huge issue with all the replay badges spent for items not existing in the game.

I do know two players in my league have the 87 1-hander and 1 has the 87 dual wield. Those are the only two I have heard of exisiting, or seen by anyone else I've come across. I have never seen either drop.
  4. Luthia1281 New Player

Oh wow really? Never seen a single 87cr weapon drop, nor seen other players with one. None of my friends have one, nor any other leaguemates. Guess they are in the game after all. Was thinking the weapons had the same fate the quantum consumables had when the content was first released (consumables had to be patched in a few weeks later).
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Dump have you done an documentation on lex combinations? My group has been thinking maybe the main lex + the 2 holograms has some influence on the loot table, but this is just speculation.
  6. Dump Truck New Player

We have not documented drops but we have done most combinations towards the feat... and obviously completed it many many times. What I have seen is the same combination of 86cr items and occasionally (maybe 5% if I gave it a number) an 87 belt, legs, or feet.
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Do you think maybe they did a split between nexus and paradox?

Belt, Legs, Feet in Nexus
    Chest, Head, Shoulders, Hands in Paraodx
  8. Dump Truck New Player

I think the drop rate on 87 items, or specific 85/86 items is just so rare/random that it is really not worth replaying. This is unfortunate, many WANT to spend replays to earn the top level of gear. The drop rate is simply not worth the money and time to get there.

I suggest a vendor who sells all 85 items (weapons and rings too). And once you collect full 85cr (97cr) the 86cr items become available at a higher mark cost (80-110 reality marks) once 98cr the 87cr gear becomes available (120-150 reality marks a piece). This would solve the drop rates and give incentive to replay the raids because then if the drop rate stinks, at least the marks could be used to get what you want. Albeit those items would cost you a lot more marks than the previous.

120-150 marks isn't something you achieve overnight for one piece of gear, so it shouldn't make the DLC obsolete anytime soon. What it will do is offer a reason to replay other than the 87 drops and items many believe are not in the loot tables (like rifles). It will also make the alerts worth replaying for marks. Once full T5, there is no reason to run those alerts right now.
    • Like x 7
  9. Darth Loyal Player

I'm surprised that Ciara (the Devs little pet) hasn't reported and commented on this thread yet telling you how ignorant and stupid you are... I guess she's still upset about getting kicked from Wave. (Thank you to which ever league did that).

In any case, yes these are all great points that have been brought up many times. I hope they decide to make a change but at the same time I know they won't. Too bad.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dump Truck New Player

Really! I'm waiting for someone with five toons, all with a cr too low to get into the raids, to tell me the same thing. Or even use Obsidian Chill's photograph of the 85 rifle (that the devs gave him before the FNL) to claim it drops... which is always ironic as he created the rifle post.
  11. Darth Loyal Player

Maybe the forum warriors only check Gameplay Discussion and not Bug Reports... *crosses fingers*
  12. Clip New Player

Imo ull never see a rifle or bow in nexus. Only in wave. And i guess u will never see a handblaster in wave.
    But its true that to drop rate could be better than it is now.
    So a missing rifle in nexus shouldnt be discussed anymore since it was found several times in wave already, same goes for bow.
  13. Gorbo New Player

Drop rates seemed a little off so I have counted the last 10 nexus runs:
    Six DPS level 87 waist, One Healer level 87 face piece
    Those were the only purple pieces to drop.
    4 Paradox runs this week: no purple drops and entire raid party froze on 4th run after killing a sub boss in main room and getting main boss to below half health.
    I understand that gear is supposed to be rare but how rare is 6/10 times for a DPS waist? I also understand trying to make money by making gear rare and forcing players to replay it but this is a little ridiculous.
    And the nexus runs were done with different boss combinations and different artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  14. Massah Committed Player

I wish they would at the very least give us a Raid Boss Only Mark that could be used to acquire 87 Pieces and 87 weapons - which if they kept the current normal cost it would still take 60 Nexus/Paradox Completions to obtain enough Marks to acquire an 87 Chest or Legs. Let's be honest at 30 weeks with completing Nexus & Paradox (no replays) you can finally get your preferred weapon or missing Traces in Time Gear that you either never saw drop in that time or never won the roll on it. (If you did so happen to spend $$ on replay badges at least there would be the incentive that you would acquire enough Raid Boss Marks to get what you need/want and not this poor loot rewards with the same cycled drops.)
  15. Dump Truck New Player

I don't know if the drop tables being this bad are exclusive to PS3 or what. What I do know is if there is an issue with loot drops, they will never say anything. Doing so would have lots of players demanding refunds on replays. What I also know is PS3 loot tables stink and nobody on USPS3 has seen an 84, 85, 86, or 87 rifle.
  16. MrGTF New Player

this might be a dumd idea but it be nice if they added a vendor at the end of those raid where you can buy the weapon of your choice level 87 for like 200 marks or even 250 so is not easy to get and still get people to use their replays
    • Like x 1
  17. amazonianmale Well-Known Player

I ran nexus today and saw the best loot I've ever seen. One handed 87, exp plan, recovery kit, and a traces in time piece.
  18. Pyrometers Active Player

I was hoping that in DLC 8 we can get a trinket thats better than the cc trinket we got many utility belt
  19. D4rkwond3r New Player

I can just say that the only weapon 87 drop i have seen was in Nexus. It dropped a 87 dual weild and a league healer got it. Thats all havent seen anyone else. total crap.
  20. surge914 New Player

So many threads about this. How does this post only have 24 upvotes. I would think more people would want a better loot table.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.