"Doomed Metropolis" questions.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

For the past few days I've been helping a leaguemate with feats in Doomed Metropolis, however I can't help but wonder about couple things. Please don't leave rude comments, I wasn't playing the game when this DLC came out, so if you know why - kindly answer.

1. Why is Doomed Metropolis still on the main teleportation page? I'm talking about the one where you can immediately teleport to Gotham, Metropolis, HOD, etc. Doomed Metropolis has been there for years now.

2. Why are the marks still unique to the DLC and haven't turned into Source Marks?

3. Why was there a temporary emblem tied to a feat that people can no longer get? How is that fair for those who weren't playing at the time? ( Thankfully I got the emblem right before it disappeared, however many friends didn't.)

Thanks in advance!
    • Like x 3
  2. Berza Committed Player

1&2. DoS is a permanent event, not an episode. It is fully open to all players, without extended loot lock for non-subscribers.
    3. Making it limited time was the only way for WB to allow DBG to use this specific IP.
    • Like x 3
  3. Caroline Dedicated Player

Cool, but couldn't they make the emblem just a title or a simply 0 feat item? Also, how come the rest of the yearly events (Starro is now a DLC) and the Anniversary one aren't really staying permanently on top of that page?
    • Like x 3
  4. TheNewGuyonDCUO New Player

I think most players dismiss this particular content as a "quick get in and out" kind of episode/event, when in reality I see it as an alternative, yet constant, source of SMs while leveling up from CR 30 to CR 260.
    • Like x 3
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The emblem having feat points attached, was just a decision someone made. It's not likely going to change.

All seasonal content does show up in that teleporter list, when the seasonal is active. What works be the point of keeping the winter seasonal location in that list year round. Better yet, the anniversary one takes you into a special metropolis that might not even exist most of the year, so you'd be teleporting into oblivion of you chose that outside of the event.

As you said, Starro was a one time major event. If that format was successful, it too would be on the teleporter list from the map every time it was active. But that format was abandoned, and the content from the major event became most of the Deluge episode. Episodes one show up in that teleporter list when they are your highest relevant, or if the event version is active. The only exception there is the one time "welcome to titan's island" into to the titan's episode, which looks like it sticks around until you do it (unless that changed and is removed after some time if you haven't done it yet).
    • Like x 3
  6. Berza Committed Player

Yeah, they could make the feat 0 points, or change it to be "get the emblem or X thing". This has been bought in the forum a few times.
    • Like x 2
  7. Revelatiøn Active Player

why not simply grant it or even sell it on the marketplace ...
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you're talking about the emblem itself, that has to be given the go-ahead by DC. They get to have final say in what can and can't go into the game, so if DC says "no" to selling the emblem on the Marketplace then there's nothing the devs can do about it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly I'd kind of not like that. I have the feat, but have not bought it on all my alts. If any of those alts ever got called up to the big show, I'd want to have the option of buying it...and not as a 0 star or title only.

I think the biggest issue for most people is the fact it's in the list but unattainable. Why not have it fall off the list UNLESS you already have it done on at least 1 toon? Emblem aside for those looking to play Superman dress up, I'd guess most people care more about the 'can never be completed' feat than the loss of the few points they are missing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Berza Committed Player

Let me rephrase because this is a lost in translation thing.
    They could have done the feat a 0 points.
  11. Akaiko Well-Known Player

The feat really should've been adjusted by now to be granted when a player earns perhaps half of the tributes that were originally needed to purchase the emblem. The reason I suggest half is due to the fact that you can't get the emblem anymore and technically the emblem was an attraction all by itself.

It should be possible to earn this feat in some way since the original method is impossible. Basically, there was a feat involving a material(?) relatively recently with one of the time capsules. If you didn't get the material(?), you could still get the feat by opening 5 time capsules (I never did it but I vaguely remember there was an outcry).
    • Like x 1
  12. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

How about releasing a different Superman emblem that doesn't have as many restrictions as the official standard emblem, then adjusting the Feat to cover 'any Superman emblem' (Earth 2, Kingdom Come, Red Son, Action Comics #1 cover shield, etc)? Or pack of other Superman emblems (like the pack of alt Batman Metal emblems on the Anti-versary vendor), and adjust the Feat description.
    • Like x 2
  13. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

OMG here we go again, this is going to spiral into the Back from the Hack feat. This thread is already heading that way....just need oneeeeeee person to say it, then the thread will explode in follow up comments.

Starro MAJOR EVENT, was turned into a DLC with additions and gear, there's a difference here. Doomed Metropolis has no major content apart from the open world, raid and a solo with no gear, but styles, I'd like to see this changed down the road, maybe we can get a proper DLC within this MAJOR EVENT. All other DLCs provide an opportunity to level up your CR, not in Doomed Metropolis so at least for now it's more of a side mission, something that can be forgotten so that could be why its on the on duty map.

The anniversary event is just a seasonal, sure they added more into the content, but at the end of the day it's just simply that, a seasonal. Maybe they will think about adding more content to other seasonals...doubtful but who knows.
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

The real issue is that the devs have no time to fix anything in prior content. Everyone on the team is focused on the next Episode / next content to be released, so none of the many issues in prior content ever gets fixed. To me, I'd be happy if they delayed an Episode for a month & dealt with problems in prior content (though there are so many at this point it would probably take several months).
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's dependent on DC saying "yes" to begin with. They've always been particularly protective of emblems, and that protective nature ramps up significantly when it comes to Superman and Batman. So getting access to ANY of those emblems you mentioned is a huge hurdle to overcome.
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Because it's a permanent Event, not part of progression.

Because it's a permanent Event, not part of progression.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No such thing exists. Warner Brothers/DC owns everything DC Comics. Dimensional Ink has an ongoing license with them to use their characters and such as it relates to their comic books (occasionally they've allowed some tie-ins to other media, but that's very rare). WB/DC has final say about what they can use or offer in game. They can't just give us alternates whenever they want. It still needs to be ultimately approved by WB/DC. Such as the Subject 0 emblem made available in the Flashpoint Time Capsule. There's an alternate right there. There's no way of knowing which ones they'll allow or for how long.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As you've already figured out, it's not a DLC/Episode...it's a special event. There's no reason why it needs to be made into an episode with gear drops where there are 10 Tiers of content for that. Also, you may not see this as a path of progress because you're not looking at it right. This special event gives Source Marks all the way up to CR262 I believe (feel free to correct me if I have that wrong). Those Source Marks are VERY useful for new and returning players to buy vendor gear as they rank their way up.

StealthBlue already pointed out why it's still available on the warp menu....all current events and seasonals are listed there, this is still current in a manner of speaking.
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

To further illuminate the responses so far: Death of Superman wasn't quite an Episode, and wasn't quite an Event. At the time they called it a Celebration, something special for Superman's 80th Anniversary.

Over the course of several months (May - June) they released content in three 'waves'. Open world first, then the Raid, then the solo, giving Superman a nice story arc. It was content designed for all players to be able to play in perpetuity, and is a great secondary source of marks as you level.

As far as the cosmetics are concerned (the S emblem and all), his 85th anniversary is only two years away. Never know what they might rotate back in.
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

Yea i have played since 2011, but i have taken several month breaks since 2015, and, i was gone when Doomsday metropolis "episode" came out, i have gone to it several times, and did what i could there, i have not done the alert or raid/opps yet. i really liked it though, sadly because we get so many episodes aka DLCs so fast, the gear is mainly for styles. obviously , which is fine, they turn the cost of the previous dlcs into the General marks thankfully, but yea they should be turning into source marks soon. i don't think its been out long enough to have it swapped over, i came back to the game from my last break, like 2 months before the chaos gotham marks were turned into source marks vendors. and i was working my butt off to get that constantine and zatana hair, i made enough marks from the cursed, and right as i was buying the second hair, it changed to source marks, but the good thing is. the Marks / currency marks that the dlc gives, are traded on the main vendor of that area/dlc for source marks, so that is a good thing.

anyway, you probably got your answers already, i just saw the thread, and was wondering the same thing when i came back months ago. and just figured i would give it to you from someones perspective of returning to the game and seeing a "Older dlc" but not being the newest out,

CHEERS