Dont expect a DCUO funeral anytime soon.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, May 8, 2014.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Whether or not people think this would kill DCUO or not, the developers have to be having a HUGE sigh of relief.

The less competition they have while they sort out all these balance issues and transition from Big-small-big-small DLC structure to "something for everyone" is gigantic.

The PS4 is still a barren wasteland and probably a good portion of the 15% of the PS4 owners that downloaded DCUO would also probably be interested in ESO if nothing else because its a game to play from a well known series...This gives them 6 months to wow the playerbase with the next DLC, league halls, the new PVP stuff and hopefully survival mode after what many consider to be a downgraded combat system and 2 consecutive poorly received DLCs
    • Like x 2
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Thank God.

Coy "showing reluctance to make a definite commitment"

Such as in a commitment to have an interesting conversation.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coy

On topic though: I think it's going to be interesting to see what the ESO team actually manages to do in the time the game has been delayed for consoles vs what it did at launch of the PC side. Curious if they're using this as a possible beta testing crowd and they want to make a good impression on console players at launch?
  3. somerandombats New Player

the division and destiny posed more of a threat to dcou than any of the other games on console. Not sure bout you pc guys.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly, PC will probably remain fairly steady as it always has due to people having settled in to certain MMO's.

I haven't looked into it in a while (so I'll do that now) but I know that Ubisoft had said they'd consider bringing The Division to Pc.
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Would I like to try out ESO, yes. I have looked at a lot of the vids on Youtube and it looks interesting (not saying its anything great just interesting). There is a two part problem though (for me and most likely others as well), first you have to pay $60 just to start the game. With that you get some items and a 30 day sub and that's the second part its a sub only game.

So until they get the game out on all possible ways to play it and then do an f2p system (good or bad one doesn't matter) its not going to be much of a threat to any game. And really how many games have been said to be killers to other games, which never happens.
    • Like x 2
  6. SKAVANGER408 New Player

7. MercPony Devoted Player

ESO... meh. What I had tried of beta was pretty okay... but is not the kind of game I'd commit tons of time to. If it ever goes on a free to play model, I might give it a little more thought.

As far as console MMOs go... I'm actually waiting for EverQuest Next on PS4. Its gonna be Buy To Play :) Just pay for the game itself and no sub fees. Plus my money would still be going to SOE either way! Haha!
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, though, similar statements and sentiments were made about both SWTOR and BioWare as well as ESO. Past performance is never a guarantee for future success, unfortunately.
  9. Breakforce Loyal Player

The train will just keep on rolling on.

New and upcoming games will be continue to be proclaimed as the death knell for DCUO.

They will be forgotten about after a couple months as always.
  10. Feenicks New Player

Especially when the ESO and Wild Star crowd come back.
  11. Breakforce Loyal Player

I've had fun with Wildstar in the betas, but it runs like a hot mess on my PC. Spec-wise I am over recommended for all but my video card, and even that is well within the minimum, so I don't know. No matter what graphic settings changes I make, it still only pumps out at ~20 fps, something is going on. If that doesn't change, it will be a very short diversion for me.
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Most likely poor optimization or you need to update your drivers.
  13. Breakforce Loyal Player

My drivers should be fine, so hopefully it's an optimization.

They have 30 days after release to hook me. I am not jumping through hoops. I have plenty of games that run like butter to fall back on.
    • Like x 1
  14. BigWaveDave68 New Player

It's not an MMO but Watch Dogs comes out in just two weeks. There is multiplayer and the game looks like a lot of fun. I'll quit when it's out.
  15. Drakonicus New Player

Yeah. And i am not asking for "free lunch". I have a a sub for Dcuo, and i got GW2 and TSW. Just that games shouldn't be priced in a way that represents a barry of entry. If i wanted to play ESO or Wildtar right now, thats a $90 investmet, just on the 3 first months. Thats not pocket change.
    • Like x 1
  16. Drakonicus New Player

Or convert the full price of the box to sub time: $60 = 4 months. If a company cant convice you to sub after that time, it have failed you.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

Wildstar..... Isn't that e WoW looking game? I couldn't find this free 10 day beta for ps4....is it only pc at the moment?
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Only PC as far as I know of, but the only thing it might have in common with WoW is the art style. I can't say for sure since I've never played WoW but the combat is pretty active and engaging, similar in some aspects to what DCUO does.
  19. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Ehhhh dlc 10 killed this game for me and I don't have much hope for dlc 11. Plus a monthly subscription gets old after a while.

I could easily see Destiny taking a good chunk out of dcuo community if the devs keep releasing content like dlc 10.
  20. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Its a different type of game than DC.. Tbh shooters on PS are meh.. Unless you are into that kind of stuff, just as COD it does get boring... Its what me and my leaguemates call a buzz game.. Awesome when it comes out, takes your time for a while and then gets boring.

DLC 11 will have to step it up big, PS3 still factors in tho so yeh

Also us PS players don't have the luxury to be Star Citizens like yourself xD (sorry I always watch your sig 10 times everytime I scroll down a thread lol)

ps: I actually have a good gaming PC :p just prefer PS cause I'd rather lie on my couch than sit on a chair for hours on end on a smaller screen
    • Like x 1