Does anyone else miss bounty farming already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KiraDanvers, Apr 18, 2021.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Perhaps a compromise. Instead of a five bounty round robin, just put two bounties out there with no lock and special currency.

People are already running a locked Doomsday over and over to get the count feat as soon as possible. And the plan is likely to add a second bounty later in the DLC, so not really extra work on the devs either. Should still leave them open to make two raids.

And then later in the DLC, add a crystals mission type thing for that second weekly mission. Basically combine all of the ideas they’ve tried into an optimum format.
    • Like x 1
  2. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I miss the option of having something to run when you're just on solo and queues are not popping. The potential is there but they need to make it so that same second currency can be earned through other means too. For example, elites. That way you can have people still earning while running on-duty content and also earning from being in open world.
    • Like x 1
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The thing I disliked about Bounty farming is you needed like 400 beacons to buy something but you only got like 40 each full round (assuming you got gold on all 4 and there was no bonus currency). Yes only “like” because I don’t remember the actual numbers. :)
    If the cost of all stuff was 100 beacons, and not just emblems, that would have been less frustrating because it’s only 3 complete rounds.
    I mean, I enjoyed having stuff to fight while waiting for queues. But with the cost of the bounty currency stuff so high, I found myself not queueing for anything. For the only reason that if I leave I might end up in a phase with nobody running bounties, and find myself scrolling top to bottom clicking “phase with”.

Basically, remember the weekly missions where you had to take out like 400 enemies? Now those missions are down to like 100? Yes I am sure those numbers are off, please don’t correct me because I already know they’re wrong. Anyway, I mean yeah there are people that complain about having to go around taking out 100 enemies but most of us find it fun flying around beating up baddies.
    Well, I think Bounties have the same potential if we can find a balance where the reward/cost numbers equal that of a task rather than a chore.
    Real life example, at work I’m fine collecting trash because that’s a task that takes 30-45 minutes. Cleaning out and organizing the boiler room on the other hand is a chore I do not enjoy because last time it took 3 and a half hours.
  4. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Just to clarify, i was never against World Bosses.

I've been playing DCUO since BETA (which i know many of us here have been) but I felt the game had finally evolved, broke the mold. Feels more epic and like an MMO.

Patchwork, Legion and the Anniversary Event felt like the game was on a larger scale. I know the World Bosses will return, the devs have to balance what the players want, so I'm not going to complain.

With the new Phase Switch mechanic, i hope the World Boss concept can evolve too, so everyone can enjoy them.
    • Like x 5
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I was able to quickly level up my alts with time beacons, spamming bounties eyc. also this episode was truly an alt friendly one and it's sad people are against the idea of an episode helping your alts, I guess these people only use their main.
    • Like x 4
  6. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I can't WAIT for more World Bosses!
    • Like x 2
  7. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Yeah, just imagine World Bosses in Atlantis! I've always thought that would be cool.
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I could handle doing a roation a day for about a week at most before I'd burn out and lose all interest, so personally I can't say I do miss them