Doctor Light and a side note

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FreedomRollerMan, Dec 20, 2014.

1. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

Am I the only one that has done exactly what the mission quest says to do, yet after knocking out Docotor Light, it doesn't complete and says that I still need to find and knock out. Most of the time I am not in a group but helping others that are in one. It doesn't say you need to be in a group for it to complete. It just says find and knock out. I am there from the start of the fight to the finish where he gets knocked out yet it does not complete. I know you need others to help knock out but to knock out Doctor Light 10 times or more on 10
    different days and having it complete only once or twice is really stupid.
    Someone said that I need to do a certain amount of damage for it to complete, well guess what, if I am in all 96 gear or higher and my damage isn't good enough, something is wrong there. Developers you need to actually test this and fix it so it can complete because the damage expecting to complete is extremely too high. Why add something that doesn't complete when one does exactly what it says to do. Am I the only one that is experiencing this? If I am, guess it won't get fixed.

Solutions to the problem:
    1. If one needs to be in a group for it to complete and that is the only way that it will complete then developers need to allow us to use the system (on duty matchmaking thing) to group up and then warp the whole group in the area.
    2. How about developers just have it set so that if you hit him 10 times or more it will complete after he gets knocked out because I know I have hit him many many times and it will not complete.

This is the worst quest mission I have ever seen in the game and the only one that seems to not want to complete for me. Why do I get knocked out and have to repair my gear if it doesn't recognize that I have knocked the character out and earned the completion of it and the stuff you get when it completes.

Also on a side note since I seen they have eliminated a bunch of animation to speed up power moves and stuff, can developers improve The Revive a Character....with a just one click and it activates. I have been attacked and interrupted so many times that was unable to do the revive for someone. Just press the e button near the knocked out character and the character will be revived instead of the few seconds animation it does for a revive. I don't mind if it still takes the character the few seconds to actually get back in the game but the long long interaction of the revive would be a great improvement.

If any of this is being worked on already or I have opened your eyes to a couple great ideas for improvement to the game and you developers will now plan to fix this then I thank you in advance but if not then why not?
  2. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

I tried again today because heard a group asking for a controller and a damage dude. I said I'd be there added or not and think there were a couple others in the area that were not in a group like me before it started. Knocked out Doctor Light and still got nothing. My combat rating is 111 in controller role. This is the worst bounty I have ever seen in the game because it does not complete for me. I will never do this bounty again so you don't have to fix it. (unless developers say they fixed it) I earned every 97 controller gear anyway. I have knocked out Doctor Light like 20 times and in the feat for knocking out Doctor Light 10 times it says I did it only two last I checked! Never had this problem with the original bounty of Grundy, Clayface, Minotaur, and all the other ones. If I knocked those dudes out , it completed. Please do not ever add any more bounty missions in the game unless you developers actually test it yourself so that it completes. Test it with just the gear to get the mission, what is that 94? Don't put any skill points or power points in, just the gear. Test it with just the gear because I think who ever tested it tested it in all 97 gear with the maximum skill points and power points and expect everyone to do extremely massive damage for it to complete.
  3. Avian Dedicated Player

This is the same for all bounties as far as I know. If you are not in the group you'd have to do a considerable amount of damage to him to get credit.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

You need to be in a group for it to work. Or be there at the start of the battle and do a decent amount of damage. Many times I get there at the start and can still do enough damage in healer role to get credit.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

For some of the more lore-versed guys and gals among you I have another question regarding Dr. Light.

Why is he there? Why is Supes there? Actually I do try to pay attention on the Mission that introduces a DLC but somehow I missed that point this time.
    So what's the dealth with those two? Are they just trying to steal some mist or something? Without knowing it Supes seems super-duper random and Dr. Light is somehow understandable (spectrum, WotL, whatev) but in comparison to Supes he doesn't feel right as well.

So if someone could enlighten me on this part I would be grateful :)

And merry Xmas to all of you.
  6. Little Sister New Player

Superman is there because he's defending Metropolis, which is his city. (About time too)

I still have no idea why Dr Light is there lol
  7. Avian Dedicated Player

I haven't seen Superman there yet, is he in his regular form or is he affected by the mist? Doctor Light does seem rather underwhelming compared to Superman :/
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Maybe Doctor Light is starting is quest to defeat the Justice League 1v1? Link: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Lantern_Vol_2_33

I'd expect he would quite surprised to not find Hal though. ;)

He could be plotting to absorb/steal emotional light for his own purposes as well.
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I'd like to every now and then, get a piece of gear for doing this bounty.
    Seems like nobody likes to do it.