Do The Forums Feel More Positive Without The Old Voting System?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by TrueMarvel, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueMarvel New Player

For some reason the forum has a whole different aura. Not specifically talking about Looks and styles. The feature to downvote someones thread is removed. Much more of " I'll counter your idea with words" rather than the ninja downvotes that a lot of u have grown to hate. I like this change. I think Its for the better.

Do you guys agree? and if you don't... gotta speak up, can't hide behind the ninja.:cool:
    • Like x 8
  2. Rush New Player

I think that it was a good move because encouraging negativity in any community is bad form.
    • Like x 1
  3. tyler durden New Player

feeling more positive? thats real funny coming from you. you who was known to all as the most prolific negative troll poster back in the old forums. and speaking of ninja downvotes. come on. we all know it was you. the only reason you dont do it in arkham now is because youll be exposed. as for me i vote the way i feel bc im a man.
  4. Mia Skye Well-Known Player

At the same time it does feel more positive, it is also encouraging non-relevant pointless threads. Some posts deserve to be downvoted.
    • Like x 3
  5. Doc Holliday New Player

I totally agree but it could also be originating from all the positivity we are receiving from the pc'ers especially from the Odyssey members.
  6. Faust74 Loyal Player

-1 just because. :p
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

People like you continually prove that maybe, just maybe the people I argued with were trolls.
  8. Circe New Player

I agree, though I think it won't last.

Arkham Asylum already has downvotes, and I'm afraid it may spread to the other sections.
  9. The Kitsune New Player

Wait a minute. Arkum asylum is for reporting bugs. How can it have down votes. they are suppose to be use to agree that the bug is experienced by others.
  10. Circe New Player

Well for some reason it does have downvotes. No idea why though. I found that strange myself, as well.
  11. huflungpoo New Player

i agree, the voting system was pointless. it was a popularity contest, which some people on here may love since they are still in high school and think that popularity matters.

but i now feel like we all have a soccer mom looking over us telling us everything will be ok and every one is a winner and there are no losers or negative bad boogey monsters in the world that will eat you lol

the pure american mentality of "just do your best charlie, thats all we ask of you"
    • Like x 1
  12. hudapak Well-Known Player

Well, I like the positivity around here. In the old forum, people would downvote anything regardless if the thread was a constructive or valid one. I think it stems out of the fact that people can oppose or troll threads or certain members with the veil of anonymity. They didn't even have to justify why they did it. At least here, it encourages everyone to voice out what they feel and think regarding certain topics. I truly hope the days of negativity would behind us.
    • Like x 2
  13. JMBOO New Player

I agree with True Marvel that things do seem to be more positive, as people actually have to articulate "why" when they do not agree with a given topic or post.

And I also agree with Doc Holliday that having the Forums merged has helped in this respect.

Hopefully, it stays on a more positive vibe for the rest of the games duration.

That is just how I see it, anyway.
  14. SuperiorMouse New Player

the atmosphere does appear better. no negative votes + the ability to put offending posters on ignore. i think i'm going to like this place.
    • Like x 3
  15. Deathmark New Player

I dunno how it was at the PS3 forums, but as a PC person, i feel the forum now has a much more negative vibe than it used to....
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperMia New Player

ZOMG! I haaated the old downvoting system sooo much! Almost every post in the PS3 forums had a negative score...regardless of topic quality.
    • Like x 3
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

The only person i knew that almost never got downvoted was Mr. Brain
  18. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I have never seen a situation where downvoting wasn't hijacked by personal grudges and ********, so it's probably a good a good thing to do away with it.
    • Like x 2
  19. recespieces31 New Player

I actually the fact that people have to explain why they don't like an idea now, even if they give weak reasons to support their position.
    • Like x 1
  20. Evie Syrena New Player

At least now you can see downvotes a bug in Arkham... though, I'm not sure why anyone would downvote there. Do they not want a bug fixed, or something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.