Do ppl realize PvP Gear will reset again in 6 months?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nekron 99, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Potent New Player

Honestly, if they actually CARED about making it more fair for the PS3 Players, and weren't so money hungry, they have a VERY viable and simple solution that they could have implemented LONG ago, before they made the game.

Instead of selling us the items for cash from the MP, they could sell us Loyalty points.

When PC has Double/Triple Station Cash, they could then LOWER the Loyalty Point costs on all items(without needing PSN approval, as it is not part of the Marketplace) thus giving the same effect of us having a Double/Triple Loyalty points deal of sorts.

But as I said, they are too money-hungry at this point.

I mean if you look at some of the talk before the game came out, they talk about how they REALLY FEEL that the subscription model is the best route, etc, etc, and then 6 months down the road they make the game F2P like all their other games.
  2. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

So will the T0 (blue gear) reset as well or just T1 and up?
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

I my understanding goes, nothing "resets". T1 is discontinued, the T2 gear is cash bought, and new T5 gear is introduced. You will always have 3 tiers of gear to go through from the cash bought set. It's not like the T4 gear will become slightly better than the T1 in the new season.
  4. One_Man_Army New Player

I keep hearing this T5 gear. What is it, lol? According to the developers, Vengeance is T4 gear. Don't tell me there's something better than Vengeance that the developers released and I'm not privy to yet.
    • Like x 1
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Yes, and not much.
  6. Luthia1281 New Player

Were there other MMOs in the PS3 two years ago? I dont think so kthxbye.
  7. Potent New Player

Your understanding is wrong :D

Every season, they will release 5 new levels of gear, T0-T4. The new T0 set, will be purchaseable with cash, and it will be just like the difference between the new Bloodbat and old Checkmate.
    • Like x 1
  8. Whisper Well-Known Player

You can blame PSN. :p
  9. Potent New Player

I can blame both. PSN for requiring everything to go through them, and having such a tight system, and SOE for doing absolutely nothing to try and come up with a workaround.

As I just explained, there is a a perfect workaround to the whole "PSN has to approve it"

Sell us Loyalty Points, and when there are station cash offers, lower the cost of the loyalty point vendors to reflect that of the sales.
    Changing the prices of an in-game vendor/kiosk requires NO approval from PSN.
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Because the player base are counting Bloodbat/T0 as T1, And or looking at PvE T5 and count the New set as such since there are 5 sets.
    • Like x 1
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Ermagerd! A publicly traded multi-national conglomerate interested in making money! Stop the presses!
    • Like x 1
  12. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I have not be replaying and I'm on the Aeronaut set now. It won't take me 3 months without badges. It's been a few days and i already completed 1 full mark set. Also the number of marks you get as a reward increases when you unlock the next tier of armor.
  13. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I'm not sure I understand the question but I'll try to clarify how it works. We get 5 sets of gear each season. A cash set and 4 Tier sets bought with marks. The highest tier set from the previous season (this season it's the Vengeance/Punchline sets) will have stats higher than the next season cash set but lower stats than next seasons T1 set. This is exactly the same as the Checkmate gear this season.
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

If theyre going to keep up this pvp season gig... at least make 5 inspired by, or just new styles per tier instead of rehashing garbage gear with pvp stats. Can even make variant pieces thrown in like aeronaut feet and the braniac head.

We have 4 rehashed sets and one new inspired by. Make 4 10 point feats and then the highest tier set a 50 feater. Even if its a 10 point feat... something is better than nothing...considering we just had innates expanded.
  15. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

Okay so we have to buy the Bloodbat/Hero equivalent gear again correct?
  16. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

You only think this because you haven't seen a solution that is satisfactory to yourself, but you have no idea what discussion they have had behind closed doors to try to workaround or work with PSN to find a 'better' solution.

You're perfect solution still involves purchasing something. PSN would have to approve the conceptual idea of letting SOE sell points that they could then adjust as they see fit. PSN may have been presented this and said No.
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Yes. You have to purchase the cash set again so you get the 'new' set with the higher stats.
    • Like x 1
  18. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

Thank you kind sir! :)
  19. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

In fairness there are feats for the Avatar Bombardier, Logistics, and Aeronaut styles.
  20. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

It's just that there are 5 PvP armor sets. T0 cash set and T1, T2, T3, and T4 that are purchases with marks.