Do not remove hard stuns from PvP (GU38 discussion)

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Clutchmeister, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Yallander Loyal Player

It is obvious he doesn't understand what we mean by hard stun.

So lets try it this way:

NAME 1 POWER THAT BLOCK BREAKS OR LUNGES TO COUNTER YOUR OPPONENT AND GIVES BLUE DAMAGE IMMUNITY...

Oh and here is that guide for your SOE:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950872-dc-universe-online/61421926
    • Like x 2
  2. xXS0EXx Committed Player

ur probbly not familiar with their hard stuns thats why u dont know about them.
  3. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Theres different ways to do hard stuns and if u think that theres only one possible way then ur dead wrong.
  4. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I'm not sure if serious.
  5. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Sometimes thinking out of the box is not a bad idea u should try it.
  6. Yallander Loyal Player

Pandora thought outside the box and you see where that got everyone...
  7. xXS0EXx Committed Player

But pandora doesnt play dcuo or thinks about the possibilities that exist does it? u guys need to understand that theres allways another way to do this kind of stuff so stop thinking little and be creative.
    • Like x 1
  8. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

That's awesome news, it's something that's been frustrating as well as making PvP rather unstable at times. The immunity problems & CC breakout issues were the main concerns that a lot of people had so if they get fixed that's excellent.

As long as it's done before SOE Live that'll be perfect :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

LOL Go easy on the guy. He's just using a broader interpretation of the term "hard stun" like I was. We've all been there with a power stunning the bejesus out of us and not being able to break out of it. It's honestly not that much different from the effects of a hard stun. Anybody remember the old Whip Thrash glitch?

• Like x 2
  10. Ace1 Dedicated Player

That would be a stun lock :D
    • Like x 3
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

@KillshotX

If you took the time to read my posts, you'd know there was "critical thinking" in each one. You'd also know that the definition of skill is very important in this discussion, because many people do not fully understand the meaning of the word skill. Just in case you don't believe there is critical thinking in each post...

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=define critical thinking

That said, since we will all have access to this new breakout, a players individual skill will be what decides a win/lose, not this breakout ability. The devs are evolving our game again, and making players learn and adapt to a new play style. This is how MMOs work. Change and MMOs are synonymous. If change is something anyone does not like in this game, then the MMO genre may not be for them.

As I said, this new system allows us full control of our character at all times, it is very similar to how it was back at launch. The main difference is now we have immunity to counters while blinking, I personally do not feel this is a plus or minus addition, I am indifferent about that addition because I can make it work either way. The main point of my posts is to clearly reiterate I like that fact that we will be able to break out at all times, and timing and execution of combos will take even more skill now since we will not have that period where we basically get free shots off a countered opponent. If anything, these changes will raise the skill bar yet again, because it will be difficult to both counter, and avoid incoming damage with the new immunities.

I am greatly looking forward to these changes. These changes, like other changes still means the truly skilled players are going to be skilled after these changes, the deciding factor is how will said player can adapt with the changes coming forth. This is also why I again would like to reiterate I support the devs decision 100%, and can't wait until this hits live. :)

Edit: I just read Tunsos post two pages after KillshotX quoted me, Like I said earlier, I'm fine with either change. Good players will still be good players regardless of what changes. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Umm you did read tunso's post right?
    • Like x 3
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

There's a difference between using a broader definition and using the incorrect one. You're thinking of a stun lock. A hard stun specifically comes from weapons.

Maybe this was posted on another thread but why were these changes being considered in the first place?
    • Like x 1
  14. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Tunso said they asked the community council what they thought, they had no objections.
    • Like x 3
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Well that's not why they were going to change it. That just means no one was opposed to the idea.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Yeah sorry, misread your post.
    • Like x 1
  17. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

That's not entirely true. Somebody stopped reading the discussion going on....

YEAH IT WAS ME! I'M NOT PERFECT, YA KNOW!
  18. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Whoa.
  19. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I get you but I've seen somebody far more qualified than me refer to these as "hard stuns" also, but I won't throw him under the bus. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

I'm glad hard stuns are in place for counters but, one HUGE issue that needs to be addressed it the stun locks from consumables and powers. You should have the ability to breakout of those immediately but, it seems like I'm literally hammering away at my R1 button trying to breakout. Furthermore, I'm forced to breakout like 3 times in a row whenever I am breaking out of the consumables/power stun locking, draining my entire power bar.

Any way we can look into adjusting the breakouts in everything else not involved with counters?
    • Like x 3