DLC8: Player Rewards Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Crafty_Crafter, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Are you from the South by any chance?

I did have a question about the new DPS trinkets. What was the motivation to make trinkets that only give single stat activation boosts? They are certainly handy and will benefit certain powersets. However, I prefer having Might and Precision on a single trinket. Are there any plans to introduce T5 trinkets that will give dual-stat boosts on activation?
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

On the subject of lair decorations, I really like the look of the Large Horned Gargoyle. It was an epic-level decoration drop from the Trigon fight.

Is the Pharaoh decoration new? It also looks really nice.
  3. Will Power Loyal Player

Zatanna's Mission Virtues and vices is it suppose to drop Marks of Triumph as a reward cause I'm Half T5 Half T4 what's up with that doesn't T4 and high suppose to give me reality as a reward for completing this quest?
  4. farm3rb0b Committed Player

We were trying out the Evil Raven bounty yesterday afternoon and I have some questions regarding rewards/completing the mission. If I get it from Donna Troy and have it active in my journal...what exactly goes into "completing" the mission? There were two groups fighting Raven at the same time yesterday. We'd run, get the mission, run back, and fight her. We probably fought her 6 times and I only got a mission completion 3 times. I'm not just talking about getting a gear item. I mean, the journal entry stayed active, as though I had not taken down Raven, 50% of the times we beat her. Is there a damage limit you need to reach? I know as a troll I wasn't doing much damage compared with two groups with dps, but I was in the fight. I was giving power, using debuffs, and definitely taking damage from her and the adds she brings up. Just curious as to how folks can ensure they get actually get loot on these bounties.
  5. billzill New Player

That sounds pretty much correct. If there are multiple groups fighting the same mob, there is a threshold of damage a single group must get before it gets credit for killing the boss. It works the same way with other bounties (Original, CC and Home Turf) and stuff like Sub-Avatars. Obviously the more overgeared you are for this, the easier it is to reach the threshold so it's only something that tends to get noticed by controllers and healers who have trouble getting the damage numbers necessary to reach it even though they are properly-geared for the content.

It is, however, my understanding that this threshold can be adjusted on a per-mob basis, meaning that perhaps it is too high on this particular one. I haven't tested this content in the manner you describe but it's certainly possible.
  6. Crafty_Crafter Developer

I don't quite have the answer you're looking for here, this is more of a question for the Gotham Wastelands discussion thread here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...c8-gotham-wastelands-testing-feedback.168171/
  7. Crafty_Crafter Developer

Yes.

As far as the DPS trinkets go, we felt that creating single-stat activation trinkets made for more interesting gameplay and build variety. We feel like it doesn't make the trinkets any worse, they're still worth taking, but it forces the players to make more tactical decisions in combat based on their playstyle and intentions, as opposed to having a one-button-does-all approach. I won't rule out the possibility of rewarding a dual-stat boost DPS trinket in the future, but if we do we'll want to make you work for it a little bit ;)

Thank you for the feedback on the base items, I figured a demon would be appropriate for Trigon. Some of the base items dropping from this DLC will be thematically inline with some previous rewards, and some will be unique one offs like these statues.
  8. Crafty_Crafter Developer

The missions "Virtues over Vices" and "Vices over Virtues" are content being released with Game Update 29, not DLC 8. As such we curtailed their rewards accordingly. Marks of Reality are currently only granted through content from DLC 7 and 8 . These two missions are from Game Update 29 instead of the aforementioned DLCs, and as such they reward Marks of Triumph and not Reality.
  9. Will Power Loyal Player

Virtues over Vices is going to be a tease like Batman's Briefings. So all this time I thought that I was playing DLC 8 Open World content and I was playing GU29 Open World content with my Celestial Toon. Thank you for putting that up I didn't really want to ruin the Story for me when I run it with my Real toon. It gave me a taste of what's to come. So if you were able to tell me that Virtues over Vices is GU29 content then GU29 must be close to dropping? Right?
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Not sure if this should go here or in Gotham Wastelands, but why are there no exobits in the Gotham Wasteland section? I keep flying around, noting decent locations where they could be placed. If collections, investigations, and briefings can survive the merger of dimensions, why can't exobits?
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Conceptually, I would say they shouldn't be there, because it's in a pocket dimension and Lex dumped the exobits directly on Earth. That said, I'm not opposed to having bits there.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.