Dev Discussion DLC13: Throne of the Dead Raid - Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Loche, it still feels like Ares's health is way too high compared to what he was at when the DLC first went live. After one Essence of War is gone, we barely are able to get him down 10%. This is the Normal instance, mind you. I'm gonna try it tonight with a different strategy, but if this was designed for us to complete at 2-2-2-2 at tier, then I don't see how that is doable with his health being so high. I know you said his health wasn't buffed, but I'm telling you it's like he juiced up on Venom. :eek: And I know I'm not that horrible of a DPS, or controller, and I know my league mates can even do more damage than I can. But, it's like his health barely moves no matter what we dish out. I'm not usually one to complain about raids, so I might be wrong here. It just seems high is all. o_O :)
    • Like x 1
  2. HersheyKiss New Player

From what ive seen since last reset day is ares health has been very inconsistent. Ive seen em burn super fast and super slow and everything in between. Now ofc dps have different skill level but i only run this raid with my league and we are a smaller league atm so the dps have all been the same or 1 person was different when we ran this over the weekend. Also found it a bit odd that when the 1rst essence went down all 8 people in the group used an orbital on ares and his health didnt move. Orbitals hit bosses for about 25k, and its 8 of them. Thats 200k dmg all at once and his health didnt budge 1 bit in 1 our runs when we did this, seems off imo 4sure.
    • Like x 1
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Glad I am not paranoid then, and this does help reaffirm my faith in my skills (mediocre as they may be). :cool::)
  4. HersheyKiss New Player

Agreed. Imo the 2 versions shouldnt share loot locks. If they were doing this right and didnt care about people resetting then it wouldnt share the lock, its about replays and thats obvious to most of us.

Then the fact that they want us to use replays to run the elite and 98 gear drops in there. Imo a great idea with the whole elite version but the way it was implemented is awful. I know u dont need 101 gear for progression but the devs should know their community by now and that people are going to chase that gear, just look at the glitching that was done to obtain some of it. Im not even sure why we need to wait a week to run the elite version, i never saw any dev explain this. The way the whole thing works is not fun at all and made quite a few people upset. I hope they learn from this when doing future elite mode raids.
  5. Flightboy New Player

The orbitals are a bit inconsistent when trying to stack them. Because of this we call out orbitals like supply drops and the next in line to cast his/her orbital won't cast it until the previous player says his/hers hit. (20k plus registers on screen) hope this helps :D
    • Like x 1
  6. David Ivanenko Committed Player

I got a 96 bow from Hades last week and a Minotaur Gate. Strangely enough, I was locked so wasn't expecting any loot whatsoever.
  7. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Like Flightboy mentioned, orbitals overwrite. If you fire two or more at the same time only one will do damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. NaumNML New Player

im going to cosign this. my league ran the same group minus 1 different healer and the burn seemed to fluctuate like crazy. what ive noticed is the first time he spawns and we fight him, his health is very high. however, after one wipe it seems to revert down and the burn picks up dramatically. ive joked that maybe our guys just need 1 wipe to wake up, but its happened the last 3 times and its just too noticeable not to think its related. im almost of the mind to just have us auto wipe once to test it out. we always seem to beat him on the 2nd try
  9. HazeTA New Player

As far as I know, it is during the teleportation where you shouldn't be crashing and where the problem lay before, once your in the halls and moving you might want to cancel the crash yourself if needs be.
  10. HersheyKiss New Player

Loche i just ran normal version and was the tank on the essence. 2 different times the essence was knocked back and stuck in between the wall and the piece of hades statue that holds the spear. I knocked em back 1 time but WW did the other knockback on em. Now the problem here is that the essence reset twice and was not able to be targeted bcuz he was halfway inside the wall both times he was stuck there. Eventually he took a step 4ward and i could jump pull em outta there. But the 1rst time he reset when he had like 10% health, not cool. Maybe something u guys wanna take a look at.
  11. HersheyKiss New Player

Thanks for the info. I know alot about the game and not sure why i didnt know this. I will be making sure we call em out from now on. But im still sticking with ares health being very weird atm.
    Now i just got finished running it. Normal version 33min run :) We didnt wipe on ares but he burned pretty fast. Now had 2 of the 4 dps different from our last run, but i know them all and what they are capable of with dmg. Plus theres always the scorecard. Like i said he went down fast this time. It would of been on 3rd essence but 1 dps got killed by an add and ares started taking 1 dmg again with literally a sliver of health, so he died on 4rth essence. I know some groups do it alot faster, but our run was smooth. I mean 30mins for that raid isnt bad imo. Not sure how i can run with almost the same group and 1 attempt we are in there for an hr and not even kill ares and then next run finish the entire raid in 30mins. Ares health just still seems inconsistent to me. Hope they change/hotfix whatever the problem is soon.
    • Like x 2
  12. Quixotic Developer

Some information on Hades and his Damned ability that banishes players into the outer rooms: use of this ability is now triggered based on Hades' health. When he reaches a given health threshold, he will banish players.

Before this, the banish was triggered by a timer. Our thinking is that this change allows an option to slow dps on Hades after a banish and wait for people to get back to the throne room or to catch up on adds a bit before pushing Hades into doing another banish.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 8
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I can deal with changing the Hades mechanic, fine but please, please, please communicate every change. Before the update only the 4 closest could be banished and now it is a random choice. Also shaded players are never selected to be banished. This can mean that in the case 2 Controllers, 2 Healer or 2 Tanks could be banished.

Please communicate this sort of change clearly. Also I would recommend still allowing shaded players to be selected. This can lead to unexpected problems and difficulties staying alive. If this is intended though please, in the future, communicate ALL changes to the content. PLEASE!
    • Like x 7
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Hate this latest hotfix. Several times tonight both tanks or both healers would be banished. You can be transformed into a Shade while being banished again, which I thought was fixed. Seems completely random who gets banished now as well. Just made our runs tonight tedious and feel entirely luck-based.
    • Like x 2
  15. HersheyKiss New Player

The whole raid is just annoying imo. Meaning how many things are gonna be broken in this raid b4 its fixed? Its bad enough with mostly getting 98 in normal and elite version but the raid is just broken again. I have to seriously question what the devs are doing. I understand things break and there are problems but has this raid even worked right for 1 day? There was the whole glitch thru the walls,WW preventing the dps from being teleported, the totems spawning way too fast and way too many adds, and now this. Devs take the raid down and dont put it back on live until its fixed 100%.
  16. HersheyKiss New Player

Well people are getting banished b4 the hades fight even starts. I had 2 league mates experience this and then myself later in another run. As soon as the judge dies and b4 the cut scene we were banished. We were also banished a split 2nd after too when the fight hadnt started yet. Also he is banishing both tanks or both healers sometimes and people are getting shaded as they are banished. U want us 2-2-2-2 for this fight then take both tanks or both healer out of the fight? Its broken, completely broken.
  17. HersheyKiss New Player

Having the person thats shaded get teleported is terrible imo. There is no movement mode when your shaded and the point of being shaded is to get the totem master and other adds down, if your not even in the room, or taking 4ever to get in the room bcuz of no movement then whats the point of this? It makes no sense at all and makes finishing the whole raid based on luck. I ran normal version last night with a very good group of people, run was 30mins. Ran it 2day and was twice as long and didnt finish bcuz people were sick of the broken stuff and the random luck so they gave up. Finishing a raid should NEVER be based on luck.
    • Like x 1
  18. Superskull85 Devoted Player

So you now like the luck of both of your Healers or both of your Tanks being banished because someone was shaded? An easy solution would be to open all teleporters when a single add dies. The only feat involving them is in regards to killing all 4 within a time frame. That feat doesn't affect getting out. So if that is the only worry then open all teleporters and none of them have to move.

However losing all but 2 support roles will typically result in a wipe scenario, which may be recoverable, but likely not.

As for the speed it actually doesn't take that long to move around. Typically as a Healer or Tank without a shield I get hit by the add chasing me taking away my speed in normal form. I can still get through in a reasonable time. Therefore so too should a shaded player.
  19. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

But high skilled groups get banish every 30 secs with that system its a bit annoying
  20. Loche Developer

Did you notice if Hades already had some health gone when the fight started? We are trying to track down any leads we can find here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.