DLC10 Themyscira Divided Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

FYI Im on PS3 on US server lol

and I've done it faster than 55 minutes :eek: , with a DPS disconnecting and had to 3-man it half way through.

I doubt the devs would make EU version easier compared to US. Are you all using WM? If not try it its the new OP power :p :p
  2. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

ok you may not have out right said it was hard, but you complain as if your implying its time consuming and difficult.

I'll give you the time consuming 1 only because it "can" be time consuming at 1st (on your 1st attempt)

but the way you talk about this alert is crazy, 55 minutes, have to prep just to do it? I dont see anyone doing that lol
  3. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

yea yesterday I disconnected and still beat it within 40 minutes lol, had a healer FINALLY :eek:
  4. Ogat New Player

I specifically stated that it's a pug group and not skipping any of the adds at all. The leauge runs we do are significantly faster then that, and as far as I know the villain side has the harder end boss because of WW's reflect(she used to spam that, now it's kinda a joke anyway). Unless You're incredibly bad i just don't see this alert taking 50+ mins..
    • Like x 1
  5. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

she still does lol but still doesn't pose a threat unless from way I took it is its like the 2nd sub boss in tunnel of lust. Where you cant do block breaks or you eat a massive amount of dmg.
  6. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

and I tried it once and we wiped =)) so I sorta believe that is how it is for her shield ordeal.
  7. Mephisto Rapha New Player

No. Like I said, we went in on a league run and it was smooth. No wipes, no disconnects, and everyone was ready from the get go. We always skip the adds and go straight for the bosses and even warp back to the statue room. Our DPS/Healer/Tank/Troll team took the time I mentioned above and yesterday, our 2DPS/troll/healer team too 50 minutes and 12 seconds.
  8. Mephisto Rapha New Player

Now I feel really insulted. Neither me nor my league are bad at this game. As I specifically stated, the run was smooth with no disconnects or troubles. No wipes and no troubles with the bosses or general enemies at all. Our DPS (me) was burning like crazy. You're right about how it SHOULDN'T take this long, but it does and I don't know what kinda luck you've been having with pug, but that doesn't work here. -_-
  9. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

idk perhaps your timer is bugged :p
  10. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

maybe its ppl you play with as well idk could be a few of factors tbh.

in the group that you were with another DPS perhaps the burn was all on you, meaning the other DPS blow'd chunks lol

but you also have to realize this isnt trigons prison lol its a t6 alert :p it should take longer then what we're use to. If you were around these forums when SoT 1st went live, you should remember ppl complaining about how insanely easy it was not to mention how short it was.

Just be glade they didnt do that with this alert, meaning make it a 5-10 minute alert then your done with it for the day. Even at fresh T5 lol
  11. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

lol that is the regular amount of time for TD isnt it :eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. Abraxas768 New Player

13. Abraxas768 New Player

Oh and sorry about how that posted ^^ not sure how as I don't post that often ..apologies :(
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

Don't start typing before the [/quote] tag.

The alert takes you 50 mins because you're trying to DPS in healer gear and doing, what, a third of the actual DPS's damage? There is a finite amount of HP you have to burn down in the alert and how long it takes you to do it will determine how long you spend in there. If you are running one or more "gimped" roles, like your healPS character, it will take longer.

I totally appreciate your desire to run with your friends but you can't blame the game for your experiences in the alert.
  15. Abraxas768 New Player

^^Thank you for the tip :)

Thank you for your input but I do know the mechanics of the battle and what results from dps in full healer gear...my dmg out varies on how well I do w WM as I stated as well. The other healer we run with likes to heal more than dps so I defer to her and since I don't have dps gear because I rarely do, I just go with what I have :)

As I also stated, the length of time doesn't bother me as much as some...I just have a good time playing...my post was simply to help try to stem the back and forthness I saw going on between my mate and another...

Nothing more, nothing less ;)

Again though, thank you for your input and have a nice day :)
  16. Mephisto Rapha New Player

But I don't always run with her and the league. I ran with two DPS (myself and a 105 rage DPS who was far superior to me in damage output) and it still took upwards of 45 minutes (46 minutes and 22 seconds to be exact). Smooth run, no glitches, wipes, or disconnects. It's not just the team. There may even be some sort of internal discrepancy that the players aren't aware of.
  17. Mephisto Rapha New Player

Now that you mention it...cuz it didn't feel like almost an hour. Maybe I'll use my own stopwatch.
  18. Mercenary Renegade New Player

My only gripe about this alert, is the countering mechanics. When you give up a counter to a sub-boss/boss, they're uncounterable until their blue immunity goes away. Now, this wouldn't be an issue....if the "blue immunity" given only lasted a few seconds, but because it lasts up to 30secs if they block again sometime within the next 30 seconds or so the only thing to do is throw a block breaker for 0 damage and wait until they're not blocking anymore. Otherwise you risk giving them another blue, meaning they will be uncounterable for the remainder of the next blue immunity given. This isn't just for this alert, some bosses seem to have a blue immunity lasting 30 seconds+ and really is quite annoying not being able to counter them because of one screw up. Other than that, I have no issues with this alert. :) I actually think it's too easy, but hey it's better than nothing.
  19. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

try it let me/us know if its the same, because 50+ minutes man is reallly long lol

I have disconnected and Im on PS3 still, so going back to PS home and re-booting takes for ever it seems lol

point is I looked and I finished at 45:37 with me disconnecting thats my new highest for this alert 0_0

and we we're killing all adds no skipping, had 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 troll (me), and 1 DPS
  20. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

“maybe its ppl you play with as well idk could be a few of factors tbh.

in the group that you were with another DPS perhaps the burn was all on you, meaning the other DPS blow'd chunks lol

Well, all of that could be well and true but instead of simply repeating over and over to Mephisto how this alert can simply be done as quick as you say...why don't you show you're not an "elitist" and offer to group up w him and show him how it's done...not saying do it for him but make it a teaching moment...instead of verbally going back and forth on this thread that "it can be done"

true I "could" help him run the alert, but chances are he's on EU servers, or he's a hero, and I'm on US villain side, so I still wouldn't be of any assistance's to him/her. But again its not just me who has finished this alert in less then the time he has stated, almost everyone I know has finished it in under 40 minutes.

And yes, in case you are wondering, I am a league mate...and yes, I have run the alert w Mephisto on numerous occasions...the majority of which he is referring to I was w him. What he may not have mentioned is that we like to run w a certain group of mates most of the time...always a troll and healer and dps...the "x-factor" so to speak is that when they bring me along I am the second dps...but w full healer gear ( yh yh I know) but I will have you know, I certainly don't "blow chunks" as you say...my use of WM is fairly consistent and when I drop a SW (yes, Sorc) when we fight, say the Trio, I can normally take one down in about the same amount of time it takes the others to take the other two down and the healer doesn't have to worry about healing me for the most part...

DPS-ing in healer gear :eek:

And for the most part, I take the length of time for this alert or any part of the part of the game as "it is what is...until it's not anymore". Sure, the bosses have some high health but I see it as a challenge to improve my WM skills and game tactics.

I am simply here to play the game and have some fun

isn't that what we're all here for/why we all play DCUO? is to have fun, but doesnt change the fact 50 minutes + is a bit long either you guys stand around for 10+ minutes doing nothing/goofing off as I mentioned to him, the timer is bugged for you all lol.

And I'm far from elitist trust me, if I were a elitist Id be wondering his SP and THEN be like "ahh thats why" or asking his CR.

but neither are a factor in T6 imo you could literally do T6 at minimum requirement and do fine is how easy they made T6.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.