DLC 7: Quantum Powers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Grandeur and Distract are only 5s.

I simply would rather have a teleport at 10s and maybe I have to double up with the shield to pick people up, than a teleport and a 5s shield but on a 20s reuse. I like my teleport.
    • Like x 1
  2. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Do you try to use tunneling and start revive someone right after ? Maybe that will teleport you away from the teammate but still reviving him.
  3. MrKappaKappaPsi New Player

I love the teleport too. I just would like to be fully protected and I think grandeur and hide are a little longer I'll test that out. But yeah when a person dies I face them teleport and immediately pick up. On the last few seconds of the pick up my shield drops and I'm in a bad place of worrying about aoe. It has worked if not many ads are out but sometimes I've been interrupted and it' was harder to pick up successfully. I will say the teleportation mechanic is GENIUS!!!
  4. recespieces31 New Player

Quantum is an audibly and visually pleasant power...IMHO, it is a refreshing take on Controlling that provides quite a few powers that can be utilized to sufficiently complete the job

Thank you for introducing this power
    • Like x 4
  5. Palus New Player

Tunneling is fine the way it is, the best thing to do is not to teleport immediately to the fallen person. Instead wait a couple seconds until either the tank grabs agro or the adds start walking away from the fallen player. When you see this teleport and pick them up, just be patient with it.

Yesterday i must of had the most epic pick ups ever! one dps died right next to me and i rolled to him and picked him up, an then lex targeted the healer and one shot him while i was picking up the dps. Once i picked him up i teleported through lex as he started heading toward the other dps and picked the healer and it was back to killing. This took place in the family reuion op, it felt really epic picking people up and i really enjoyed it. Either way the key is just wait, you have all the time and space to succeed to pick people up lol
    • Like x 2
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Exactly palus, I feel like an anime ninja. Start running one direction to set up the teleport that direction then boom i'm at the body reviving. Even through specials or bosses or whatever.

The one time I failed was when a set of just normal barrels (the kind of object that serves no purpose other than aestetics) just spawned as i was teleporting, so I got blocked and stuck underneath them. Was a freak accident though, doubt I could try to pull it off, and I wasn't like stuck stuck, just couldn't move forward or jump so it delayed me just enough to miss the revive.
  7. MercPony Devoted Player

Okay during the fight with Batman and Catwoman, I used Quantum Tunneling to get to a switch faster.

Well what happened is my character warped OUTSIDE the room and falling under the map into space and caused both of them to reset and my group had to start over. I don't know if this is a bug with the Quantum powers or the instance so I am reporting this in both this thread and Family Reunion one lol
  8. Azria Active Player

Enjoying every minute of this new Quantum power.. Great job! Haven't played DCUO for the past 3 DLC but when I heard of new power for troller I end up respect one of my two mental troller to quantum immediately. :)
  9. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I don't know if this was reported before but energy expulsion says it stuns but it does not, I would really appreciate if one of the devs could look into this, thanks.
  10. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I've been saying how much I love this powerset in Testing Feedback. Just to comment on one of the changes that happened since it went live:

The update to Event Horizon (and the other group shields) is too powerful. Equivalent to Word of Power/Speed Drain levels of power restoration, but with a group shield on top. There is no longer any real point in speed drain/WoP, unless you are gadgets and are gimped by the lack of group shield. Lowering the amount of power restored somewhat would allow there to be some choice in which is chosen, increasing the variety of loadouts depending on situation.
  11. Warlan New Player

Disagree with this.
    1)Speed drain requires a skill point so those that want to spare a power point can get this. Also, any class can get Speed Drain.
    2)Word of Power requires 1 power point to get regardless of anything else (no tree requirements) and is open to everyone (should be a benefit to being a troller for shields+power). WoP is also offensive and does damage so there's your variety.
    • Like x 4
  12. Liam Solo New Player

I think the one way Quantum as a controller class is different is the inability to set up power interactions for the rest of the group the way Mental and Gadgets can.
    Quantum is on par with Hard Light when it comes to power interactions.

I like the power interactions that Quantum has, lots of ways to set them up and use them. Its just that other than Electricity's polerization I don't think anyone else's PIs can be set up.

Not a complaint I don't want it changed just stateing the differences.

I think Quantum tunneling is awesome and I've already used it in epic ways to revive KO'ed people. I also really enjoy Event Horizon and agree with what Warlan has said above that makes it balanced.
  13. Captain Test Man Active Player

I haven't even tried all the powers yet but Quantum is my favorite set visually. The space side is like a cosmic fireworks show. And super fun to play. Top marks!
  14. FeelsGood New Player

Teleport is a waste of a Power slot in pvp imo.
  15. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

The skill point was an interesting balancing factor between WoP and Speed Drain. It does not balance the group shield factor.

WoP was a perfectly balanced power. The amount of power it restored was good. The tiny damage and self heal were barely noticable. Restoring the same amount of power AND shielding the entire group from damage is far better than simply restoring power. If WoP was balance, WoP+Group shield is OP.

And gadgets doesn't have it.
  16. Warlan New Player

WoP hits everything in its radius for a decent amount of damage and I believe a stun + heal: and EVERYONE can get it. Speed drain even more so but no heal. These shields get blown through instantly with the current content.

So? You think they actually balance things in this game? I mean, I could say it's not fair because Flight doesn't have a speed drain equivalent. Pfft. HL doesn't have a lot of things that the other troller classes have but it is what it is. To be serious, I think they should have access to a group shield, their robot is redundant.

I think you're missing the point that these are TROLLER powers. The WoP and Speed Drain are ANYBODY powers and as such don't have to be balanced.
    • Like x 1
  17. spord Developer

It will stun if your target is not currently immune to crowd control effects. However, the stun will happen after the knock down which was not stated in the tooltip. The tooltip will get updated. Thanks for the feedback.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I have to disagree as well tesseract. The only issue I see is maybe gadget's pet PoT thingy isn't good enough in comparison. In which case that should be upgraded not these downgraded.

WoP and SD are things anyone can use. I know a few DPS who keep SD ready because they like the power more than their other SC.

I've always thought it was really weird that the best controller supercharges were in a movement tree and the iconic tree. Now that has been remedied and I like it.
    • Like x 4
  19. Warlan New Player

Yeah, I don't get it either. Finally a proper troller SC and you want it nerfed to Speed Drain. I've been asking for this change forever. They finally listened (or figured it out on their own).
    • Like x 2
  20. iLLusion New Player

We can all agree that having a SC which protects your allies from the incoming damage, while at the same time restoring power, is highly useful, especially now. Not to mention, having a proper Controller SC in the actual tree is most welcomed.

But, Gadgets is the only power that doesn't have a move like that, and instead has to rely on either going for the Speed Drain if they are Speedsters, or Word Of Power if they are using other movement modes.

We can argue that Gadgets has a Battle Drone (35% SC cost) but it doesn't scale with your Vitalization, so the amount of power restored is almost insignificant at the current level. Since Gadgets users don't have access to the group shields, a balance could be made by simply making Battle Drone scale with the Vitalization.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.