DLC 7: Quantum Powers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Lets just agree to disagree, I obviously like Soul Well and you don't.
  2. Meta Flare New Player

Ok but that is still a bad suggestion.
  3. Mick Nugget New Player

k so i have a few questions but first i should mention that ive been trolling using the mental powerset all the way to t4 and i was pretty happy with it, but now that ive switched over to quantum i like quantum also, which is all i can really ask for.

just need to mention something before i get to the questions though...

first, plz be kind and dont nerf anything... Ive already had to sacrifice controlling from a sensible range in order to use half of the quantum powers. I literally have to be surrounded by ads to use half my powers effectively and im a controller, not a tank. :(

the point is i think its safe to say that if event horizon is too cool a power to have us new quantum trolls are paying dearly enough to benefit from it. that and im tired of not having a supercharge in my controller power tree thats better than the iconic that anyone can get. thanks for doing something about that :)

k now for the questions -

whats the maximum number of guys i can trap with the healng debuff move in the time tree and is the damage spread out based upon the number of guys it hits?

also, is there an awesome crowd control combo similar to thought bubble>psychic resonance that can hurt a lot of ads without spreading damage in either tree?

finally, the extra damage i get from the attack buff in the space tree seems random? I love the fact that you can see the effect on my fists the whole time its active so i know when to recast without taking my eyes off the fight :) question is what is the mechanic for the extra damage? I know it graviton charges and randomly levitates and gives a might based extra tick of damage initially but then any extra damage it does seems random after that.

thx for the cool powerset btw.
  4. mgkaenzo Committed Player

There is no additionnal damage in quantum power only extra damage like you say maybe you don't know the difference. With additionnal damage you have a second tick of damage and extra you just have the damage of the power increase and it's hard to really see that with the bug of crits. The additionnal damage you could see and you think are random should be the PROCs from warped reality because they are activated with weapon combo and also power damage.
  5. Mick Nugget New Player

wow, i wasnt aware that there was an actual difference between additional and extra damage, i was assuming it meant the same thing but now i see that it didnt. I do see one exra yellow tick pop up and then the attacks themselves seem to do a higher percentage of damage like you said. I guess i have to do some more experimenting with it.
  6. Meta Flare New Player

Anomaly can control up to four enemies.

With warped reality, in stead of doing all the damage up front it profs off of further weapon or power attacks. A good combo is warped reality and gravity well.
  7. Mick Nugget New Player

the warped reality/gravity well combo does seem like the best one so far, though do u know what the max amount of enemies gravityb well can effect is and if the combo damage is spread between them?
  8. DARKKNIGHT New Player

It would be nice if there wasn't so much ending lag on temporal extortion.
    Like gadgets defibrilator.
  9. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Quantum is really cool and the damage are good but after 1 week of test the power seems to use too much power. So I switch G bomb to time shift because G.bomb use too much power and I switch A.wave to distortion wave but WTF why D.wave use so much power, it's just to active PI but that use more power than singularity. I think quantum need some change for the power cost, I don't want any buff.
  10. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

just use the time tree. problem solved. ;) welll sorta...
    seriously, thats half the reason i switched to time from space.
    its ok for DPS in raids with 2 trollers, but overall space eats power just like Lightning, imho.
  11. mgkaenzo Committed Player

But like I said D.Wave use too much power for me, why I need to use the double of power to do the same damage as gadget. Quantum don't have any advantage when you compare with gadget -> the range, you need the PI unlike gadget and the power cost.
    I don't like the time tree for me the only good power is time shift and D.Wave seems to be better than A.Wave because it's clippable and it have a better % dmg buff but it consume more power.
    G.bomb is so good but WTF with a needed PI it deals the same damage as a power who apply a PI ( gauss grenade ) and it consume more power. I don't want gadget to be nerfed but quantum need some change.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Try inspiral waves. It's Gbomb with a lower mod (35 vs 50) but same damage and all that. When used with tachyon burst and the 60% mod you're hitting for exactly the same damage.

The downside to inspiral is the range, it's a close-mid range, you can't hit it from all the way out there like you can with gbomb. It's also SLIGHTLY slower than gbomb, not much at all though.

A lot of the better moves are t4/t5 moves which cost more power and rightfully so with the modifier increase.

Inspiral + warped reality is going to be as efficient as it gets as far as power spamming. Can even add tachyon to make it even better.
  13. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Inspiral is tha same as time shift but with a longer cast time so I prefer time shift for it's time shift>G.bomb>inspiral wave but my problem actually is the power cost of D.Wave. For me D.wave and G.bomb need a lower power cost maybe some other power like time bomb but the two most important are G.bomb and D.Wave. Maybe I will switch temporal vortex for event horizon after a test of the power out in dps stance.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Those are both t5 powers though, they should be in teh 300-350 range with t4 or lower gear. What are they now? (not in game atm so can't check). Make sure to remove your gear then just look at hte combat log and hit a test dummy with it. Wait for them to refresh your power to full and that refresh will tell you the power cost.

If it's over 350 then I totally agree, I haven't actually checked power costs yet, still playing with things but I expect top tier powers to cost the 300-350 that most all of them do. Fields like gwell usually cost more.

And my point about inspiral was that you can set up the PI with warped which makes 2 semi low very efficient power uses. Where having to go to time shift you have to use the higher power cost anomaly/distortion
  15. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Yes for me a power like G.bomb should be like 300 power cost and D.Wave 250 but I think (not sure) it's 365 for G.Bomb and something like 300 for D.Wave. i will compare with gadget another time because g.bomb is like gauss and it cost 300 and you don't need to apply the PI before who cost 200-250. So with gadget you will do better DPS (no damage) with lower power cost. I will check the power cost without gear on me to see exactly the power cost.
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Gauss is a 45% t3 or 4 power though isn't it? Would compare better to singularity on power costs.
  17. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Exact but gauss apply a PI and the difference into 45% and 50% is not important. If they don't change G.bomb I will say nothing but D.wave need change even with is 50%. My actual loadout is good for the power cost but I love the finisher and I can't take it.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I really don't disagree with you, I just want to make sure the arguement is completely sound and all the facts are worked out =). If you look at mental's Psychic Shock you see a lower power cost even at t4 than average. It doesn't get a debuff in control role though, so that may be the tradeoff and reasoning.
    • Like x 1
  19. FANT0MEXX New Player

Whats your guys take on Inspiral Waves from a dps stand point i was thinking of adding it to my loadout but i don't really like how long the animation is
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Longer animation, less power, lower range. It's a situational use as far as i'm concerned. Are you low on power? Inspiral is great. Do you have a 60% modifier going? inspiral is solid. Both, you're going to be sitting pretty using it, assuming youre close enough range to land it.

Gbomb/Singularity are the big damage spam moves in space tree though. Faster animations and higher modifiers, BUT also much higher power costs.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.