Direction of DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, May 31, 2022.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I just cancelled my membership. This game is so insanely boring that it's sad. The stat clamping prevents people from obtaining feats in older content. When I was able to solo certain raids it at least kept me entertained. The episodes are all the same. They take the same concept(couple of open world bosses and a few missions to do plus a duo, alert, and raid) and use it over and over again. Changing the look on the same style of mission doesn't make it fun or interesting. DBG has done everything to take the fun out of this game. I miss the days of rock football, PVP missions(capture the flag and such), open world faction battles, and even the Shazam glitch. I'll check in from time to time but I'm no longer going to give this game another dollar.
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This rumor was started by someone interpreting what they read. There has been no actual mention of any engine upgrades...just the word "upgrade" was tossed around. That's too vague to automatically jump to that conclusion. When the rumor turns out to be something else altogether, people will show up here angry at the team for things that were never promised (let alone even mentioned).
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for ya. The stat clamp only prevents people from steamrolling older content, nothing more. Success or failure is in the hands of the players, same as it ever was.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Staff shortages or not:

Personally I'd be fine with them only releasing 1 (or maybe even 2) episodes per year even (like other games) if it meant better, fuller, more established content. Keep giving us filler stuff in the meantime so people catch up and get more prepared, and to keep players entertained. These half-arsed rehashed and rushed content releases need to stop fr. Take the time to address bugs, update much needed QoL features, and release some good real quality stuff and whatnot.
    • Like x 4
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

What direction?
    This is straight maintenance mode: rotations of seasonals, capsules, 2 episodes a year with new uninspired styles and recycled content.
    No new powersets, no new powersets habilities or updates, no new iconic powers and habilities.
    No new systems.
    Allys? Artifacts? You are paying for just stats numbers.

Really sad.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

What about those who do "Battle Roles" to defeat the intent of the stat clamp in the first place? "I solo'd such & such Boss in Tier XX as a battle tank in 15 minutes after the group got ko'd and left!"

What about them?
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It takes a lot longer than it used to to beat anything solo battletanking. So you still can’t steamroll it.
    • Like x 1
  8. L T Devoted Player

You may be correct-- I really don't have any idea, I just know I don't care for it.

But I don't think you are, because I know some people who love it *fervently* -- like it's the coolest, most awesome thing they've *ever* read in a comic book. Also, DC comics has stuck with it, so it seems like it must be at least moderately popular. Also, the Dark Knights emblems still go for stupid amounts of money on the broker. Somebody's a fan.

Still, I'm happy to see it go. I stocked up on those emblems though.
  9. Lucifoxx Active Player

I'll be honest. I preferred it when ep storys were just 2 parts and not this 7 ep long Saga. I'm glad the metal story is over now. Hopefully. We don't get another saga like this.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It defeats the purpose of the stat clamp. It's almost like cheating.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

How so? Tanks always have and always will able to solo everything except some elite content. How long it takes is the difference.

I’m starting to get a wee bit of a sense that you don’t like the stat clamp…
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What about them exactly?
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Tiffany, the purpose of the clamp isn't to make the content 'impossible' for someone to do this, its to make the content less "trivial" overall and a more satisfying experience that doesn't just amount to someone sleeping while button smearing their way to success, which is how the game previously functioned.

I appreciate that some people "miss the way the game used to be", but it is what it is now and adapting is the only realistic path forward.

The fact that this is still possible for Battle roles and the like is exactly the compromise we all fought for when we argued for there to be a balance between some horribly strict clamping system and what we have right now; where it requires effort to undertake this content by yourself but not entirely impossible, not to mention the immense time sink.

Suggesting battle role playing is cheating, is actually either purposefully or inadvertently advocating for a "worse and more draconian" clamp that only really serves to make the situation worse for players who already detest the clamp, not better.

Building a robust battle spec isn't cheating, it's utilizing what you possess to increase and ultimately better ensure ones chances of success in content and to use the progress you've obtained to make said content easier, which is what people want, it's just now you've got to work harder to earn it and build your character more correctly.

This is entirely the point of omnibus progression and when a player progresses their character enough this is exactly the progress you expect to see, it isn't cheating, suggesting that it is is simply suggesting our statistical progress as a whole is somehow cheating, which is of course nonsensical.
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I can't solo raids with stat clamps. I'm not talking about just in general. I miss being able to walk into Outer and Sub Construct and running it myself. Same with Gates. And I don't need any correction. I mean what I say and I say what I mean, always.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Was it ever right though that you could walk in to 8 man content, by yourself and just casually destroy it in minutes as 1 person, just sayin.
  16. KidKretz Committed Player

grinding up my character enough to do my first raid walk in solo WAS super fun!!! something todays player will NEVER get to experience!!! :(
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Solo’d Outer & Gates recently, its still doable just not lightning fast
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When I was 200 levels above those enemies, yes. Made all the sense in the world to me.
    • Like x 1
  19. KidKretz Committed Player

when my stats were equivalent to 8 men....why yes, yes it was :)

its not like it was a hack/glitch/bug or anything. ANY raid simply requires a certain amount of damage dealt to complete AND enough hp/defense to soak up the damage dealt from the mobs/bosses/hazards. what's it matter if those numbers come from 8 ppl or 1 WHEN the game offered walk-ins :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Now you're not 200 levels above those enemies, so it still makes perfect sense :p
    • Like x 2