Did Anyone Show the New Styles? (where's Tori?!)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

Maybe I passed it over, but is there pics or video of the new styles for AF3?
    • Like x 1
  2. Mermaid Dedicated Player

It's not on test yet.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I love the "where's Tori" part of the thread title :D He's so much the go-to guy for new styles/base items videos that many people who are waiting for new styles/base items vids are thinking that haha :D

But as Mermaid said, not on test yet. Still no news of base items though which angers me a little as they were supposed to be revealed in livestream. Mepps shouldn't have mentioned "base items" early on in the stream.
    • Like x 3
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

The livestream showed them off.
    • Like x 4
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Those styles though!!!! I think I'm in love
    • Like x 1
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Shut it Blaze! Go back to your new PS4 toons... traitor!
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Yeah, I realised that after I made the thread. Lol

Well, screen grabs then! I'm at work and can't be skimming through the Livestream ;)

There should be an official Dev thread showing them anyway.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm flattered that you consider me "the guy" for stuff like this in DCUO :')

When the test server releases AF3, I'll definitely be providing coverage of the vanity :)

I'm probably not going to be covering the content, though. Not beyond the Solo and Duo.

Aside from it being quite difficult to find a good, reliable group who would let me capture the experience (running a simple duo with Jafin is a complete nightmare with his trigger fingers setting off cut-scenes and dialogue while I'm still zoning in), I don't really want to spoil the content for myself or experience the big pieces before I get to play them on live with my main character.

I'm in a good place, in game, right now with a nice, friendly league and some old friends back. Feels like the good old days for me. So I'm going to try and enjoy it as much as I can before.

So until the stuff goes live and I can start making vids, here are some screenshots from the livestream:

[IMG]
    Gorgon style (Purple Dropped gear style)

[IMG]
    Godfall Superman style (Vendor Gear style, the white parts glow/have an effect on the Elite version)

[IMG]
    Male Toga (Legs & Chest - collection)

[IMG]
    Female Toga (Legs & Chest - Collection) with Medusa head (not hair - Collection)
    • Like x 16
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

This is in my opinion one of the best styles ever made in the game. Maybe not from a comic/superhero standpoint but just from a style/design standpoint. I love all the layered elements, the asymmetry, and the impression that the different pieces have different materials/textures...

The headpiece that is not shown in this picture really doesn't seem to go w/ the rest of the style, but it is still a cool piece
    • Like x 5
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

You're missing a pic of the Gorgon style with the helmet.
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I agree. I think there needs to be a nice balance between iconic pieces/styles and original takes based on lore or w/e. If they only release replica gear from iconic characters, then everyone ends up looking like bad cosplayers.

Not gonna give everything away in here ;)
    • Like x 4
  12. Pults Loyal Player

Gah, you missed the best part of the set, the helmet.
    • Like x 1
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

Well done!

Thank you sir!
    • Like x 1
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

The bottoms are top notch.

And whomever chose that color scheme, can give me a bit of competition ;)
  15. Not him Well-Known Player

oh well that shoehorned super jumpsuit will stay on vendor,guess I'll go after marks for the Gorgon style and never waste time for the elite and that mess of requirements till we are allowed to roftlstomp it
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I want that male Toga skirt on females !!
    • Like x 4
  17. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I would support this...
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is what the helmet looks like (obviously the in-gmae version won't be shiny or hi-rez like this, but the style is more less the same).
    [IMG]

It's a Gladiator helmet which does fit with the style of the gear itself...maybe not as much on the female toon, but when they showed it on the male toon it worked well together.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That was Mepps if i'm correct (I recall NerdOfPrey giving him a ribbing about the pink in the helmet when they showed it).:D
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Superman: Godfall style is the vendor gear...which is the best gear attainable. The purple drop/Grogon style gear is second best. Unless you're looking to stay behind gear-wise/stats-wise, you will buy the vendor gear and just not put on the GLORIOUS style.:)
    • Like x 1