Devs: Survival Mode (w/ Relevancy Window)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Harlequin_Nox, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

You do realize that this is what I've been saying all along, right? :p
    • Like x 1
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

SM in my opinion should have our cr boosted to top cr. Not clamped but temperary gear maybe so skill points help as does trinkets. We pay but I onow luck has cheated me out of most of the SMs. Luck long since drove away my league and then again and yea again. This is rebuild 4 and for me finding 8 people who knows what r1 does is almost impossible. The skull must appear in Chinese. Lol its a joke I understand its a symbol
  3. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

SM should be opened to all through relevancy windows. It may be temporary but have it so for example by CR relevancy Tier. Those at high end CR could only enter the one of their relevant CR and those below, say a CR 100 could only enter his CR relevant window. The challenge would remain the same but proportional as far CR goes and thus everyone could take part in it and it be more about actual skills than anything else.
  4. Picture Active Player

Nah. The cream of the crop make it to the top!
  5. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

This is a simplified version of what I am suggesting, but I am also trying to keep the annual new loot exclusive to those at top tier.
  6. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

It would make more sense to have it varying cr levels.

And its not like its hard to change the reward slightly. (glowing vs non glowing)

this is just a community packed to the brim with people who use anything they can to claim superiority to others.

"i think it should stay limited (which the op doesn't argue against) because, it's uh limited. yeah."

This game is starving for content and players yet people would still rather the game only serve their specific needs lol.

You aren't top of the top, you are different numbered gear. It's still the same cr differential. It's still the same bosses. The strategies don't change. the cr system was literally changed to make this so.
    whether its 120 players playing 140 bosses or 160 plays fighting 200 cr bosses. there is still the same differential, still the same one shots, same bosses, same everything.

Sometimes following logic here feels like a mental workout.
  7. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Anything that changes the game from just being a numbers race generally is content that should be available to as many players as possible. No one said it would be any easier.
    • Like x 1
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

The devs created survival mode with the more active veterans of the game in mind. Players who seek a challenge beyond the general (current) content.

They did not and will not create survival mode with the casual player in mind. They have stated this time and time again that it is for the more "elite" player base, not the casuals. It is extra content that is supposed to give the players that have no more gear to earn, something more challenging to do.

If survival is something you really want to do, you need to work your way up to it, just as everyone else has. Otherwise, as a casual player, it is not designed with you in mind.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

If this is true, a factual link to where they have made this statement would largely render this thread moot, would it not?
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

11. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

At no point in any of these links do the devs make the statements you claim. The closest thing to it mentioned is that there should be some reward for completing SM rounds, and "Elites" are mentioned. My suggestion does nothing to take away from that. The challenge of SM would remain for both those at the top and those not at the top, and the exclusivity of it remains, as well, for said Elites.

By the by, I absolutely agree that the elites who work their way up to be able to do SM should get a reward for doing so. Read the original post again. What I am suggesting in no way takes away from your game. It only adds to ours.

I find the evidence backing your claims to be sorely lacking.