taking SM away dumbest idea ever

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ace, Jul 30, 2014.

1. ace New Player

These guys at SoE finally made something good for dcuo and its only temp?

wow... just wow

how to get old players like me back in your game?

Bring SM back perm

Then make it infinite and add a leader bored

This way leagues can see how far they can get and ITS always competition nonstop.

Making it 8 rounds isn't an accomplishment, please learn from horde modes or firefight.... or even d3s rift idea

I would come back to this game in a heart beat if i could have constant competition with other leagues like this.

The problem with todays VG designers is: lack of vision, thinking outside the box. Put some heart into this game FFS
    • Like x 1
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It's temp because it was just a test to see how it ran and how many people used it.... It'll be back.
    • Like x 7
  3. Spytle Executive Creative Director

You have some catching up to do on the plan for SM.
    • Like x 30
  4. True Despair Well-Known Player

let me sum up the podcast for sm

SM was developed for the hardcore dcuo players the SP grinding gotta have the best armour in a day people. with this in mind they intend for sm to have infinite levels that get harder and harder as it progresses and they also want to make it possible for groups that have reached certain milestones to start from those milestones (example once you reach and complete lvl 5 if you fail lvl 6 you can start from lvl 6)

they also plan on making multiple survival mode locations, after these locations have been made they intend to rotate them so that at any given point in the game survival mode is always up just a different location.
    • Like x 5
  5. Radium Devoted Player

Id say making it to round 8 is a pretty big accomplishment.
    • Like x 8
  6. Crn Well-Known Player

You can still walk-in. The teleporter is in war room on the right.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLoneLantern New Player

I was told that it was taken away to partially avoid replay spammers from having a leg up on those that did not pay for their gear once DLC11 drops.
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I don't agree with most of the OP's post and the way he expresses his disappointement.
    But I'm also sad about, that it was allready taken offline again.
    That the summer Event will be taken offline, was announced in the announcements-forum a while before it happened. But there was no thread on the announcements stating when SM will be taken down again.

Since it's there as a challenge for People between DLCs, why not just leave it up, until the next DLC goes live?
    I only got to enter it once, while it was on the live-Server, on short notice. I would have wanted to go for it again when being better prepared than last time to get at least one of those chests, but then found out, that it was announced to go offline the same day of the announcement. :(
  9. Octantis New Player

Psh, he ain't gonna read it :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  10. kawe Loyal Player

Was that also said in the stream?

If so: YES<3 thnx devs.
    One thing that bugged me about SM. Reaching a certain point was easy, but to get to that point again you had to waste an hour just to farm down health from the bosses. This will take this the boring part away.

I wonder tho on how we will be able to activate a milestone round start. Do we have to go in with the exact same group to get the milestone available/choosabale? Or will it be detected if a toon achieved a milestone and we can switch up group members? (this way we aren't bound to fixed groups and toons who aren't up to a chertain level can't just skip lower rounds)
    Any word on this?
    • Like x 1
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

To be honest, with how toxic you were here, we don't want you back.
    I wouldn't worry about this guy, Jens, he doesn't play here anymore. I believe he's been spending time with the other "cool kids" on Wildstar. It likely doesn't have a database of its "special-need-to-watch" cases yet, but will have it soon enough.
    • Like x 10
  12. Crn Well-Known Player

You guys do realize that SM only dropped styles and base items. No gear was dropped that would help with leveling up your character. Last night I was able to walk in, now I don't know if today's update removed the teleporter.
    • Like x 1
  13. Octantis New Player

I really want one of those new fancy refrigerators, though :(

... oh, and a toilet.
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Relax....Calm down....you can still walk in to survival mode. Its not gone yet.

However I do agree with some of OP's points. Survival mode made use of every role, and accomplished things that endgame raids still fail to do and thats having fun with a balanced group.

I am more excited for the next survival mode than a new power.
    • Like x 1
  15. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Dlc raids have more participation than SM, by a huge margin. Both are needed. Besides, each DLC will have a hard raid for you to sink your teeth into.
    • Like x 17
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

I think you know by now, you're not going to please everyone. Even if you handed them a plate full of money, they would ask why there wasn't more plates. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 13
  17. MercPony Devoted Player

I got a toilet (though not as "shiny" as the one from SM) and a fridge from Origin Crisis alerts :) Close enough!
    • Like x 2
  18. nogimmick New Player

then you were told wrong as all the SM styles were exactly that....styles. no stats at all attached to them whatsoever.
    • Like x 3
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Each DLC from now having 1 normal and 1 hard raid, awesome.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLoneLantern New Player

Maybe you don't understand what I said. I'm talking about people who spend replays on DLC11 not SM.

Spend replays on DLC11 to gear up for SM faster than those who don't. These groups will have an advantage in SM from wearing 94 gear compared to those wearing 92 gear still.
    • Like x 4