Devs, please give us Base-builders some love!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zneeak, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

I don't see how base themes didn't make that much money when almost every person in my league has bought a few.
    • Like x 3
  2. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Have to admit I love this style on one of my female toons. Ditched the feet because they look too robotic, replaced with Sharpshooter. Made the legs look more human and with my color palette, worked well. Have played around with replacing the wings with a cloak but the wing style actually looks fairly good. Got the OP Prototype Owlman helm which changed the pointy ear look. But there's that Bat Logo. They really ought to make the logo spots places where you can insert one of the (checking...oh...5 or 6 Hundred Emblems we have out there (not counting the Enhanced versions) ) yeah, one of those. You have dozens to chose from. Oddly the ONE time they had an Iconic Style lately was on the Blackhawk themed chest ..But the Never Gave An Iconic Blackhawk Emblem! Use the Thanagarian Emblem because it was at least a Hawk. (I've loved the Blackhawks since I first saw them back in the 50's (Yeah, I'm That Old!) Iconic looks are fine and all, but keep the Emblem areas generic. If an Iconic Loving person wants to look like Batman, fine..give him a Batman style outfit and let him put a Batman emblem on it. If he wants to put an Enhanced Athena emblem there, let him (It's an Owl!) You slap iconic emblems on every set of armor and you end up with armors that can only be Bat or Anti-Bat or Supes or AntiSupes. You really don't have to Advertise Batman or Superman...we're playing DC content, we know who the characters are!
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm not sure how a DCUO thread about base building became a topic of Marvel property... o_O Please stay on topic.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

IKR, its not like they were hard to do. Its the same map with different skins. Unless they have some kind of super weird map editor. After the original parameters were set on the original base map each one should have taken no more than a day for one person to make.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

We were on topic. I used an example about generic styles and needing to appeal to a larger group of people in game and then someone started trying to use stuff being legal issues. Which in turn ...turned into me explaining how it would not be legal because DCUO has already done what I was saying.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I have some ideas regarding overhauling/revamping lair and (especially) league halls...I’ve actually been thinking about a complete proposal for a league haul revamp that accounts for the system already in place. Give me a week or two to find time to put my thoughts in order and I’ll post a thread for it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To be honest I think it was an excuse/cop out to stop working on them.

Now that I think about it, I have a lot of people's bases on my list that I like to visit every now and then just to see what folks are doing with them, more then half of them are purchased themes. I'm sure it's the same for many others. You can't sit there and tell me they didn't do well, unless Spytle meant as a whole, rather then just in the base building community. If that's the case then that's an issue with bases not appealing enough to the general public, and not with the themes themselves.
    • Like x 3
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's how I feel aswell. I have personally bought most Lair themes myself, and I know a lot of others that have done the same. I am 99% convinced that new Lair themes with an iconic design and current tech would have more potential to sell, especially if they made a Kryptonian or Atlantean theme. There are more themes to add to the list that would look visually stunning and spark an interest aswell.
  9. Do Your Googles Active Player

I would like to have a Wayne Manor style base the size of a league hall with hidden hallways leading to a basement hideout with working elevators.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

The working elevator-part could actually be a new, interactive base-item or some sort of amenity. You could have for example two stations where one is placed in the main, first room and the other station could be placed on the bottom floor, the basement-part of your lair and you could teleport between the stations when you interract with them.
    • Like x 1
  11. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Please God let us have the option to remove the columns from a base.
    • Like x 2
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd love that if it's possible. Or if they ever decide to actually add new Lair themes, they could atleast start there by removing the pillars from the layout.
    • Like x 2
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Still waiting for various computers, monitors, computer/tech panels and the like as seen in the GCPD, MPD, Strykers Island etc, and whatever is similar on the villain side.

C'mon Devs, make like Nick Stellino and snap into action on these. 5 years running on these requested base items. If you have to put them in time capsules (brb /proceeds to chuck a gatorade bottle across the room, smashes desk, flips it over, runs to pick up ps4, xbox one and stuff, places them back neatly, makes sure they all still work, twists the tv remote apart, rips off shirt and rages before finishing this post) Fine putt'em in there.
    /hit post reply.
    • Like x 2
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

If I remember correctly they said the tech was too expensive and not worth the time. The tech in question was just having to add lair battles to them. Paraphrasing of course...

Fbomb lair battles. Keep them exclusive to original lair layouts and give us new layouts, themes appropriate decor to each one (of course can mix and match decor to other lair themes etc) without having to add omglairbattles.

Give us more hero themed back item packs as well and Villain themed ones as well.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dene Devoted Player

I bert this is why no new layouts.. they are worried ppl will use them as advantage in lair battles
  16. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Ernie calls that home field advantage.
    • Like x 1
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

I see what you did there.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Dene Devoted Player

>.> lol
  19. Disruptor Well-Known Player

There is a theme they could add and it would help immensely: Crystal caverns.
    That would handle kryptonian, various lanterns, Gemworld (Sorcerey)

You could tint the crystal walls to whatever color you wanted
    • Like x 3
  20. inferno Loyal Player

I would love it if they would just release some of the smaller interior maps as a base or league hall design. Also, defintely increase/remove the league hall base limitation.
    • Like x 1